“Always French - Always good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Suffield, Connecticut
“Always French - Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Over the years we have dined at Chez Heni - and it is always good. Located in the lower level of the iconic Sugarbush Village is one of the best restaurants in the Mad River Valley. The decor is unique and the restaurant is sure of itself. There are always a variety of daily specials, the standards are always good and the wine list while not huge is good.

One of the reasons Chex Henri is good is that at least one of the owners, Heni or Bernard, are always on site and always good hosts.

On top of that whre can you ge fois gras?

• Visited February 2013

75% Recommend
Middlefield, Connecticut, United States
“Incredible Desserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friends and I stopped by Chez Henri for dessert and drinks. The desserts were amazing! Best creme brulee that I think I've ever had. Drinks were great as well. The ambience is wonderful, and while I cannot comment on any of the entrees, the food that was coming out to tables near ours looked really good. I'm sure had we eaten there for dinner, we would not have been disappointed. But if you're looking for a spot to just have some desserts/drinks, this is the place to go.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Best French in Warren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perfectly romantic and cozy environment in a great part of relaxing VT. The food was out of this world. Get the frog legs as an appitizer they are very very good! The lamb rack and duck were also extremely good. I would drive the 4 hours from home to go there again no question!

• Visited January 2013
NJ
“Special dinner with my daughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My daughter and I ate here as a girls' night out. It was wonderful. We started with French Onion soup. Then, I had the lamb (demi plate) and she had the petit filet with bernaise sauce. Both were cooked to perfection - which means medium-rare. Both dinners practically melted in our mouths. The sides were mashed potatoes, carrots and red cabbage. We made sure to save room for dessert. She had creme brulee and I had a fruit tarte. We liked the ambience, which is "casual elegant". This is not a stuffy, uptight restaurant. Everyone is warm and inviting. We loved it when Henri made his tour of the tables and took people's photographs. He's a charmer!

• Visited January 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey
“decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

great sour dough bread, cosy atmosphere. Good burger, croque monseur could be better, nice salad. Hot wine was too strong, but overall good wine selection, swapped the hot wine for rum and cider no problem.

Visited January 2013