“Watch Artistry as Local Artisans Craft Quality Pieces” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 Attractions in Waitsfield
Type: Art Galleries, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mad River Glass Gallery is located in the heart of the Green Mountains of northern Vermont and features the gallery and working studio of David and Melanie Leppla. On Main Street in historic Waitsfield Village is where David and Melanie produce their world reknowned sculptural and functional glass. Visitors can view the artists working from the gallery observation window overlooking the hot glass facility. Their works have been collected by individuals and institutions world wide, including the Museum of American Craft, National Museum of Art (Renwick Gallery, Smithsonian Institute), New Orleans Museum of Art, and the Musee des Artes Decoratifs (Lausanne, Switzerland) among others.
Palm Beach Gardens
5 attraction reviews
“Watch Artistry as Local Artisans Craft Quality Pieces”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Seems I always find something new and fresh whenever I visit this Mad Valley Gallery. Family operated; you can view glass being blown in the onsite studio thru a picture window. Fun stuff and you don't need to spend al ot to bring home something special in glass.

Visited July 2013

Dunedin, Florida
“Not as unique as I thought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I bought a piece here a couple of years ago. Yes as others have said you get swept up in the experience..Wow what wonderful artists/people/love the dog/gallery. Yes..we want this one of a kind lantern. Please ship..no problem we were told

Alas when we got home the piece they shipped us was not what we picked out but neither of us took a photo so no proof of the mix up. When I called to question the lantern we received I was politely told there was no mix up. No possible way for them to ever make a mistake on any shipment. I summed it up as a live and learn lesson..in the future when buying art take a photo if something is being shipped. I don't like the lantern I received at all so it sits as a very expensive dust collector. But it is a one of a kind work of art or so I thought until today when I was in a gallery in Safety Harbor, Fl that has my EXACT lantern!

We love to collect art when on vacation from local artists..I'm so disappointed that I actually bought a mass produced item at an exorbitant price. Oh well live and learn...

Visited September 2011
Tampa, Florida
18 attraction reviews
“One of a Kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We went here recently and found some very interesting pieces. I bought a small piece, but couldn't get another "urchin" type piece out of my mind and went back for that. You won't see these pieces anywhere else and the colors and shapes are beautiful!

Visited June 2012
Jericho, Vermont
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

What beautiful and whimsical art; the skill level involved with the art is tremendous, and the fact that you get to talk about your piece with the artist who created it makes it all the more valuable. Be prepared to make an investment, this art isn't inexpensive, but it's worth every penny, and it will make an impression.

Visited January 2012
Summit, NJ
“Beautiful gallery of glassworks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

The Mad River Glass Gallery in Waitsfield is well worth a stop. The shop has a wide selection of glass art for sale, ranging from wall plates, to beautiful large vases, to cairns (glass made to look like rocks) and glass rock lanterns. You can also watch the art being made in the studio from the gallery.

I'm definitely not one to truly appreciate art, but the glass pieces here were truly beautiful to look at. We stopped at a couple of other glass art galleries in the area, but none compared to Mad River.

Visited November 2011