“Caters mostly to those staying at the resort - A LOT of kids in there” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Mill Restaurant

Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Vergennes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The distinctive decor featuring rough-hewn beams, antique farm equipment, and walls covered in Basin Harbor nostalgia makes The Red Mill Restaurant a resort favorite. The renovated sawmill features the best fresh and local food ingredients, along with signature Vermont brews, including our own Basin Harbor Ale. It is a casual dining experience you will appreciate. The outdoor playground and horseshoes offer playtime for all ages.
New York City, New York
“Caters mostly to those staying at the resort - A LOT of kids in there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We drove nearly an hour (each way) from our original destination is Essex New York to try this restaurant. We were intrigued by the proximity to Lake Champlain and the Basin Harbor Resort.

We were hoping it would be closer to the Lake, but it is not. There is not even a lake view. The place was packed with people who were staying at the resort and people who had just finished golfing. They were no available seats for us so we waited and finally sat in the first available table in the bar area.

We had burgers, which were fine. The wait staff was fine. I would say it was all very average. BUT, there were LOTS of kids in the place. and I don't mean just with their families. There were roving gangs of kids who were obviously staying at the resort and were bored, so they rode their bikes to the restaurant. In the bar area, there is a ring on a long rope that the kids were swinging back and forth in an attempt to catch the ring on a hook on the wall. There were at least 6 of them. Young teenagers. And being teenagers, especially the boys, were being goofy and disgusting by eating left over food that a previous diner had left and the staff had not yet picked up. Kids...

I would say that if you are in the area, it would be okay for a burger. If you are not in the area, I would not make a special trip to dine here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Winchester, MA
“Service was not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

When we did get our food it was great. Big family vacation, too long a wait for food. Kids meals came out first and then they went out to the big playground outside next to the restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Boone, North Carolina
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I got a package deal from the maritime museum that included the museum, this restaurant, and a boat tour of Lake Champlain. It was an excellent value. The menu was limited for this package, but the offerings were very good. I had an excellent clam chowder that went with my sandwich. The service was good and the restaurant was very clean and neat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parsippany, New Jersey
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

great atmosphere, casual. Great meal. Our waiter was excellent, place was busy but he was attentive to us. Very hot night out so it was warm in the restaurant, wish it was cooler inside, but with the heat it was hard for air conditioning to keep up,

Visited July 2013
Stowe, Vermont
“Super kid friendly and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I ate at the Red Mill with my kids and my parents, and everyone had a great meal. The menu was diverse and had something for everyone-- chicken fingers & fries & shepherd's pie for the kids, a beautiful salad for me, and a perfectly cooked steak for my dad. Even better, there's a huge playground outside to occupy the kids. The staff even sang a lovely "Happy Birthday" to my son who was celebrating his 10th.

Visited June 2013