“Not as I remember” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boardman House Bed and Breakfast

Boardman House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townshend
Boardman House Bed and Breakfast
Box 112, Townshend, VT 05353   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Townshend B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not as I remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

When we arrived, it was as though they had forgot we were coming.Paul answered the door and was holding his dog back (don't remember a dog) and there were sandals on the kitchen table. Sarah had to immediately get in the car to buy food. it had been raining, and one of the carpets on the floor in the bedroom was wet. The wifi did not work due to the pass word didn't work...? The breakfast was very good and hot . Probably will not go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah M, Owner at Boardman House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are extremely sorry your stay was not satisfactory and if you book again you can bet there will be a sizable discount. I would like to respond to some of your comments. I often go out shopping for groceries right after guests arrive because far too often I will have something planned in my head and then a guest will tell me he/she is lactose intolerant or needs gluten free or is diabetic. I have been doing this for over 25 years and just want to cook something everyone can eat. There is no excuse for shoes on the table or a barking dog I agree. On the subject of the wifi I wish I were more knowledgeable as to why it works sometimes and doesn't at others. The wet carpet is a mystery. There were guests in there the day before you arrived so perhaps they spilled water there or put wet towels there. It definitely was not from a leak. The small TV is a problem for not only you, but our son. who complains about it often.TV has never been a focal point for us, but I do realize we seem to be the only ones who have not upgraded. As to not knowing you were arriving, during foliage we often have people just open the door and walk in, hoping we have a room, so I do ask if I can help first thing. I am embarrassed and sorry that you were not happy and I apologize.

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

As a rule, I steer away from B&B's; they usually feel too intimate, miserly or cobbled together. Not this one. The rooms were graciously and artfully appointed but not overdone or fussy. Our hosts, Paul and Sarah, accommodated us professionally, generously and hospitably. No pretense about a forced friendship but genuine human warmth. It's no wonder they've been running this B&B for 28 years. We spent one night at the Boardman B&B as it was along the way of a precisely planned bicycle trip but we also requested dinner and packed lunches, both of which were ample, tasty, graciously prepared, and under priced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My goodness I wonder if Sara & Paul remember the "gals from Texas" we stayed 2 or 3 nights with them back in the early 90's I think I was so elated to see they are still in business! We had a blast in their warm & cozy home! I still have a recipe for apple cheesecake Sara was so gracious to provide us with in the evening while we sang with can't remember if it was her Father or Father-in-law who played the piano! The breakfasts' were outstanding I still make the baked pears & bananas rolled in honey & peanuts! We had a marvelous time they were wonderful hosts and y'all should put it on your lists of places to stay...I would recommend it highly! Hope to make a trip back now that I know they are still around! Make sure you visit the cafe in the little store on the square for lunch! Delicious!!! Darlene W.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with twin beds since it was a friend & myself! Slept like a baby bare in min...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Old Saybrook, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

My husband and I just spent one night at the B & B, we had a simple room that was very clean. The price was almost half the price of the B & B next door and for a place to basically sleep for a night it was perfect. The living room has a small TV, lots of books, and several new magazines you could borrow and bring back to your room. When we arrived we were asked what time we would like breakfast, and it was made for us right on time and was very delicious.

When we go back to Townshend we will go back and stay at the Boardsman House.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

The Boardman House is a cozy old home in the center of Townshend. You'll be greeted by innkeepeers Sarah and Paul and their dog Safari. The guest rooms are comfy and nicely appointed. This isn't a stuffy place at all. This is their home and you feel more like you've dropped in to see relatives more than anything else which I really enjoyed. The breakfast is delicious beyond measure which is extra nice since there aren't many places to eat in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Boardman House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!