“Only if you are a college kid and poor” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Liftline Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stratton Mountain
Liftline Lodge
Stratton Mountain Road, Stratton Mountain, VT 05155   |
Vermont
“Only if you are a college kid and poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We found the hotel on hotline and because it was foliage there were no options in the area under $250.00 so I decided at Stratton Resort can't be too bad. How wrong I was - The outside of the building is truely getto, paint peeling, weeds all over, carpet on the interior outer area filthy and torn. Well that was just the beginning. The rooms carpet was so bad my husband wouln't take his socks off. Had not been cleaned for years I imagine. The furniture was rotting at the bottom the screens for he windows didn't fit the windows properly because they were bent, the windows wouldn't open. Scarey place. We booked an expensive room for the second night and are waiting for our Hotwire refund to be confirmed. The girl at the front desk said they keep the lift line lodge available so the college kids have a place to stay. So in essence the Liftline lodge is only for kids who use it rather than sleeping in their cars.
YUK

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I were in Stratton Mountain to visit our daughter at her camp. We didn't want to spend a lot of money since we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the room and it was just a quick visit. So we saw these rooms were $79 a night and booked it. But wow! Even a minute is too long to spend in this place. The first thing that greeted us was an overwhelming smell of mold. Ok, I can deal with that. The rest I just have to list
- no toilet paper in the room (had to walk down the street to a neighboring hotel to get some)
- the ice machines were turned off
- there were fresh "stains" on the towels. One looked like it had puss on it.
- filthy walls. Probably haven't been painted for 20+ years.
- the beds come equipped with rubber sheets (like for a baby) -- VERY hot and uncomfortable -- is this to reduce lice and bed bugs??
- spiders and webs in the corners
- the pool couldn't have been serviced in weeks and the "hot tub" (actually tepid) had plastic bags floating in it. Both had inches of sludge at the bottom.
I mean bad, bad, bad. For this weekends visit we're staying at the Inn at Stratton. When we booked, the reservationist literally said "I see last time you stayed at the Liftline. Rest assured you won't be staying there." Enough said.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Stratton Mountain hotels

New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

First, we arrived to a completely empty entry/lobby. Check in was at a hotel down the road - not the most convenient, and it made the place feel a little unsafe and eery especially late at night. Then, we tried to find the room - they don't seem to be in any sort of sensible numerical order, so to get to ours we literally had to go outside, up some stairs, through a door, back outside, through another door...it was a maze. Then we got to the room - the decor is outdated, but for the price I didn't mind that. What I did mind were the hairs on my comforter, the mildew in the bathroom, the rips and tears all over the couch, and the big dip in the middle of the mattress. I kept waking up at night because I had rolled into it by accident.
Then the noise started. We had arrived late and wanted to sleep in a little bit before skiing, but the walls were so paper thin that as soon as anyone else on our floor was up, we were too. The next morning, some sort of banging started up at about 7am and kept going until at least 9. Even my friend, who is not usually a light sleeper, was disturbed by this.
I've heard things about a hot tub at this place, but if it does exist, it was covered and out of service when we were there.
Overall it was old, dirty, not well maintained, and a little creepy. I compared the whole experience to the Bates Motel. The only thing I can give them any points on is the location, which is in reasonable walking distance to the main lodge.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

This is a great place to stay if you're coming to Stratton to ski or ride all day and hang in the village at night. The rooms are really basic but you get what you pay for. The Lift Line is really inexpensive for being located so close to the mountain. I've stayed here probably 6 times in the last 15 years and never had a bad experience. I only use the room to sleep in. If you're looking for a quaint room with nice decor, do not stay here. If you want to ski and ride all day and not worry about drinking and driving, stay here! It's a younger crowd (I wouldn't stay here with kids) so people are usually running around all night. Plus, the outside hot tub is nice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

Depending on what's your looking for, this may or may not be the hotel to stay in. While it's cheap and close to the mountain, the rooms are small and rustic. My room had an a half inch opening underneath the door to the hallway. The opening was big enough to let a lot of light in, which I found annoying when I wanted to get some sleep. I depleted the hot water pretty quickly by taking one shower. Aside from the room, the service was decent. The cleaning service made the beds with clean sheet and vacuumed the floor as you would expect.

• Stayed December 2009
wilkes-barre, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stayed here for the 1st time and LAST time. Old hotel rooms... sketchy personnel. Dated broken fixtures. Seemed to be the loudest place on the mountain. Called front desk b/c the people staying above us were loud as can be and no resolution. When checking out I had complained and The Manager at the Inn at Stratton stated that "well that is our cheapest lodging option" and "you should have stayed at the Inn at Stratton, at least we give you a breakfast and shuttle service." So even the personnel know that it's a dump! From experience when running a business you do not put the responsibility for poor service and deplorable conditions on the customer... I'd be weary of staying on the mountain... period! Check VRBO for local home rentals....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed at the Liftline many times in the past, and even wrote a positive review here. Well, I take it back. Stratton has really let this place go downhill, to the point I would never stay here again ... and would seriously consider Killington or another destination for a ski trip.

The highlights:
- Room had an overpowering musty, wet-dog smell.
- On check-in, we found a nice fat "body hair" on the toilet. Not in a hidden corner of the seat where well-meaning cleaning staff could have missed it, but proudly displayed, front and center.
- We lifted the sheets and found lots of hair in there too... shorter, darker men's hair on one side, and a woman's longer brown hair on the other. They hadn't even changed the sheets since the last guests!
- We stopped by the front desk (actually the desk at the Inn at Stratton) to complain, and they apologized and promised to send the cleaning staff over while we were at dinner.
- Cleaning staff maybe (hopefully?) cleaned the toilet and replaced the towels, but did not change the sheets.
- Called the front desk. Staff said the cleaners had checked the bed and "it looked fine." Feeling pretty exasperated by this point, I pleaded for them to just send over some clean sheets.
- Cranky older gentleman knocked on our door with fresh sheets. And waited there while WE stripped the bed OURSELVES to remove the soiled sheets.
- Our complaints to the desk staff, and a written complaint, got NO response. Most hotels would comp you a night, offer some other perk, or at the very least send a reasonable apology from the management.

This whole experience, plus the staff's nonchalance about it, left me with a bad case of the heebie-jeebies about staying at the Liftline, or any Stratton property, again. Which is a shame, because Stratton is my favorite ski resort in the Northeast. But if I have to pay a fortune to stay at a condo, I definitely won't be going as often.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Liftline Lodge? Share your experiences!