“Romantic Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Stowe B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Romantic Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you're looking for a relaxing, romatic weekend, the Stone Hill Inn in Stowe VT is the place to go. The property is gorgeous and immaculate. The Innkeeper's, Linda and George are fabulous. They remember everyone's name and no detail is overlooked. My husband and I, along with two couples showed up with great expectations and all were met. We were so happy that we booked a return trip in September.

Room Tip: All the rooms are identical-beautifully decorated and clean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Thanks to all the great reviews we decided to book a little getaway and stay at Stone Hill Inn. It was the first time my husband and I had gone to Vermont and our expectations were high. Due to my assignment overseas my husband and I have been living in two different countries (me Thailand him NY) for almost 2 years, so when we "commute" to see one another we want it to be special. Well George and Linda fulfilled our dreams. The beauty of their home and the generosity and warmth of their hospitality made the experience amazing. The breakfasts they prepared...oh how I miss it....so yummy!!!! They were extremely helpful with recommendations of things to see and do. The home full of holiday decorations and plentiful fireplaces just made it all the better. I don't know how anything can compare to this in Stowe or Vermont for that matter. We loved every moment and when my husband and I talk we always remember Stowe Hill in fondly. Look forward to returning when I am back stateside. Romance is always in the air in Stone Hill Inn!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was the perfect place for a romantic weekend. We stayed for 4 nights, and each evening was enjoyable, with friendly conversation and sumptuous treats especially prepared. The Owners (Linda & George Fulton) were extremely attentive, and their staff was equally friendly and highly accommodating. We have never been at a B&B with such pleasant and friendly owners, who extended themselves each day to make certain our stay was enjoyable and that we were always comfortable. The Inn is secluded and quiet, which makes mornings very peaceful and evenings very restful. Breakfast was a feast of choices, all of which were freshly prepared, well presented and very delicious. The Inn was very clean and impeccably decorated, which added to the warm, relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are well designed, with a fireplace that faces both the bedroom and the bathroom, offering an extra romantic touch that is not commonplace in other establishments. Complimentary beverages and popcorn are available each evening, and the Inn has an extensive movie collection and Game Room, which offers pool, chess, music and opportunities for conversation with other guests or private time to read or reflect. We are looking forward to returning to the Inn and making it a regular stop on our list of vacations. Definitely & Highly Recommended.

lunenburg, massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at Stone Hill. The fireplaces in the bedroom/bathroom were wonderful as was the layout and decor in our room, Glen Moss. The room and common areas were spotless, I don't believe I have ever been in a more well-kept facility. The innkeepers do a wonderful job with nice touches, turn down service, dinner reservations, nightly appetizers and overall exceptional service. We had massages in our room in front of the fireplace and it was the most incredible hour! We are not skiers, but had a wonderful weekend in the inn as well as a snowmobile tour and great shops and dining options.

Medway, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked a Friday and Saturday night stay at the inn for a romantic weekend, this was the right spot. The inn was wonderful and the owners were genuinely nice. They made all of the guests feel welcome; we had a relaxing early evening sitting by the fire enjoying some wine and conversation with some of the other couples and George was kind enough to help us with dinner reservations. The breakfasts were delicious each morning, homemade scones and orange pecan waffles; yum. There is nothing I would change. Can't wait to go back. Thank you Linda and George.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a king bed and double sided fireplace. You can't go wrong.
Buford, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Christmas in New England is second to none.The snow, a very comfortable elegant Inn, and our very attentive host and hostess, George and Linda Fulton, made our stay a pleasant one.The breakfast served each morning was a culinary delight. My wife and I needed to get away for the holiday and choosing Stone Hill Inn was a very intelligent decision. I would strongly recommend to my fellow Trip Advisor readers to find time to visit Stone Hill Inn. Thank you George and Linda for honoring our Military. B.H. & K. H. Buford, GA

Room Tip: Would suggest the Fiddlehead Room. Very spacious room with a large modern bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Edinburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband planned a surprise honeymoon for us to Stone Hill Inn. It was a dream vacation. The fireplace in the bedroom was divine! I loved the early evening visits with George and Linda, and the breakfasts were scrumptious! They had great recommendations for dining and things to do around Stowe. The intimate atmosphere of the inn, rooms and surrounding gardens are picturesque. We loved it and would highly recommend this inn to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stone Hill Inn? Share your experiences!