What a perfect place for a romantic getaway! True, it is a bit pricey, but my guy and I were celebrating our anniversary, so we decided to splurge by staying here. From the moment we arrived at the front desk, I knew we were going to have a good experience; the concierge was so genuinely friendly and gregarious, I felt as if we were old friends within minutes. There were Stowe mugs for sale at the front desk; I asked the concierge how much the mugs were, and he winkingly said, "We'll talk about that on Sunday when you check out." I figured there would be some sort of discount on mugs after staying at the place . . .
Sometimes, when you stay at an expensive place, it's just . . . expensive. At the Green Mountain Inn, it is true that you pay top dollar, but you definitely get what you pay for; the amenities are absolutely prime. Our room had a fireplace, a king-sized canopy bed, a whirlpool in the bathroom, and more space than we knew what to do with! As guests, we had access to an impressive workout facility, in addition to the swimming pool and jacuzzi. The place is an honest-to-goodness resort, not just a jacked-up hotel. My guy and I resolved to come back for a longer period of time than a three-day weekend, so that we could take fuller advantage of all the amenities there.
I should also mention the excellent bar at the Whip, the restaurant on the premises. We didn't get any food there, but the drink selection was impressive, and the bartender was terrific! They must have a pretty tight policy on customer service; every experience we had with staff members was positive.
Anyway, getting back to that mug . . . on Sunday, as we were checking out, I once again inquired about the mug . . . and the concierge told me it was free! I was definitely not expecting that; it was the proverbial icing on the cake after a fantastic weekend. If you've got the money to spend, the Green Mountain Inn is worth every penny of it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored historic inn blending classic country charm and modern amenities in the heart of Stowe village. Offering over 100 quaint rooms, suites, townhouses and apartments, many with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Enjoy sumptuous cuisine in two dining rooms - including the famous Whip Bar & Grill with outdoor terrace. Heated outdoor pool, afternoon tea & cookies, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna and massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Green Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Green Mountain Resort
- Green Mountain Stowe
- Green Mountain Inn Stowe, Vermont