“Great inn, great location, great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ski, Ride, Stay From $132
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Stowe
norther, wi
“Great inn, great location, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

We ended up here pretty much by accident during the "British Invasion" weekend. Not having any expectations we just planned to be there one evening then continue on our journey. However we enjoyed our stay so much we added an extra night and rearranged the rest of our trip so we could do it. Dinner at the "Whip" was fabulous.

We stayed in a king/fireplace suite in one of the newer buildings. The room was very well thought out with amenities like the fridge, and coffee maker all hidden behind closed cupboard doors. Window seat, fireplace, Canopy bed, sofa and a jetted tub in the bathroom but with folding doors on one side that opened to the bedroom. The shower and toilet area were separated from the area with another door. All very nicely done.

We didn't use the heated (year round) pool or any other hotel services as it was a beautiful fall day and we choose to enjoy the area and the Stowe recreation path and explore the town. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

When I stayed here it was just as the leaves of the trees were turning and was very pretty. I stayed on the second floor and had deluxe room with a 4 post bed, gas fireplace and a whirlpool next to my bed. It was nice and positioned just right so you can watch TV if you want to. The high speed internet is a computer that was located outside of my room. I was in a building that was not attached to the main building, so no room service.
Food-I ate at The Whip, which is the hotel's restaurant. It uses fresh produce from the local farmers and has a french flare. Everything was perfectly cooked and excellent. My favorites are the desserts. They have a chef who only cooks for them, very nice! There's also a malt shoppe across the parking lot from the hotel. There are many restaurants/martini bars etc. up the mountain road, which is the road that ends at this hotel.
Shopping- There is a lot of little stores that are in walking distance. I went to the General Store and found a Life is Good T-shirt shop with a Good Vibes line downstairs, really soft shirts.
Recreation-Stowe has a walking path that must go for about 8 miles. It's paved and you can rent bikes of rollerblades for it. It's very cute with stop signs and all.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

This little Inn is nestled in the center of Stowe, VT and is absolutely charming in decor and hospitality. You will feel as if you have stepped back in time, but don't let that fool you. The Inn has many nooks and crannies to explore and when you find the Whip dining room you are in for a truly great dining experience. Beginning with the charming staff the to best cuisine I have tasted in a very very long time. The overall experience of this delightful Inn will not let you down if you chose to stay there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Hamburg, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I have to say out trip to Green Mountain Inn was as good as we could have hoped for. Upon arriving, my boyfriend and I went to the front desk to check in and were given a wierd look - we assumed it was because we were a young couple - 20 - checking in, and most everyone else staying were older, or families. After that though, everything service wise was great from check in to check out.

Our primary reason for visiting was for snowboarding, and it just so happened that there is a free bus that picks you up right across the street which was really convenient. The continental breakfast came with our ski and stay package so we had that every morning. It was good, with fresh pastries baked on site, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, and cereal - the honey oatmeal bread was delicious.

The room was nice, and spacious, the only complaint we had was that room we stayed in (with a jacuzzi tub) did not have a shower curtain on the shower/tub , just a small glass wall that covered about 1/3 of the tub, so when you took a shower water sprayed all over the floor.

The outdoor heated pool was great to go in after a long day in the cold weather. The only problem with it is you have to go outside the hotel, take a short walk (which can be very cold in the winter, not bundled up) back into the fitness center area, and then back out again. One nice thing about this is that there is a fireplace in the fitness area that you can sit by to warm up after being in the pool. All in all the short walk in the cold, in our opinion, was worth it.

When we checked out, we got a frequent stayer card - after 10 nights stayed you get a free night. We will definately be staying again, and if my boyfriend can get leave from the military in February again, we will be making this a second annual trip.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

First, I would have to say, don't let these bad reviews fool you...some of these reviews must be from folks who expect to be waited on hand and foot, and treated like royalty. We like to be treated nicely, but won't let forgotten silverware or not congratulating our personal special event ruin our trip, as I don't think most people would. It bothers me when folks give an establishment a bad review for these things, because they likely give a bad review for nearly every place they visit.

That being said, this was probably the most pleasant stay my husband and I have had just about anywhere, and we've traveled to some very nice places. We took advantage of a fantastic online special and booked a luxury suite for two nights, celebrating our first wedding anniversary.

From start to finish, it was just perfect. Continental breakfast was delicious (a pastry lover's dream!) and our server couldn't have been a more kind.

The luxury suite was far above and beyond our expectations. Jacuzzi, fireplace, huge bathroom, surround sound, classical music CD already in the player. The Inn's location was perfect, with fantastic nearby restaurants (dinners at Harrison's across the street-great filet mignon, and Frida's taqueria two blocks down-unbelievable margaritas and a great deal), lots of walking including a paved walking/biking trail, and lots of shopping to do. Ben & Jerry's up the street, Cabot cheese, even wine tasting.

All in all, a perfect first anniversary getaway. We'll certainly be back to view the Fall and Winter seasons!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

This was my favourite stay of our entire trip around New England. From the moment we walked through the door and were greeted so warmly by Paul, it was wonderful. The rooms were very large and comfortable. The pool was amazing, so warm. Don't miss the jacuzzi inside, accessed through the gym. There is a large, free car park, though we only used the car to drive to Ben and Jerry's factory, we enjoyed walking around Stowe. Also, there are two computers for the use of guests with free internet access! My daughter found this amazing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Cape Cod
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for two nights and we were really dispointed.
The Inn is incredably beutiful and the Luxury suite we satayed in was great, just as described, but still I think the service did not come up to the rooms level, here are a few reasons why.
When I first made the reservation I told the agent this was an anniversary trip for us, I expected some one to adknowledge this during our stay but did not happened, even thought our second day of breakfast we both heard the waitress congratulating a couple sitting next to us for their anniversary. The only person to mention this was the lady who waited on us during check out!!
Our expirience @ th Whip was mix, dinner was superb, food was great and service was just excellent, nothing to do with our lunch adventure where we sat at the table for 10 minutes before our waitress came to us to simply say sorry for the wait, what can i get for you? I wanted to have soup, but could never found out what the soup of the day was.
again we waited what seem to be an eternity for our salads, the waited again for our entrees, food was great, but I had to steal some silverware from the table next to us as the waitress never replaced ours after salad nor did she come back to check on us so we could ask her for some mayo for our sandwiches.
The room as I said was great just as described but I was a little irritated when I went to prepared my morning coffee And found the previous guest coffee still sitting on the coffee maker not big deal, I always rinse this out anyway, but sugar and cream is something I can't do without, so I had to call front desk to get some since we weren't provided with any, delivery was quick.
The employees around the Inn I found to be not very freindly, unfortunetely we got a flat tire just after we arrived and in the parking lot my husband very efficiently replace it, but I couldn't help to noticed how employees just went by us and never offer any help, they just looked the other way.
I dont think we would come back. The Inn is a great property but servece need to be improved greatly,
Luz Sanchez Brito

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!