We ended up here pretty much by accident during the "British Invasion" weekend. Not having any expectations we just planned to be there one evening then continue on our journey. However we enjoyed our stay so much we added an extra night and rearranged the rest of our trip so we could do it. Dinner at the "Whip" was fabulous.
We stayed in a king/fireplace suite in one of the newer buildings. The room was very well thought out with amenities like the fridge, and coffee maker all hidden behind closed cupboard doors. Window seat, fireplace, Canopy bed, sofa and a jetted tub in the bathroom but with folding doors on one side that opened to the bedroom. The shower and toilet area were separated from the area with another door. All very nicely done.
We didn't use the heated (year round) pool or any other hotel services as it was a beautiful fall day and we choose to enjoy the area and the Stowe recreation path and explore the town. We look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored historic inn blending classic country charm and modern amenities in the heart of Stowe village. Offering over 100 quaint rooms, suites, townhouses and apartments, many with fireplaces and Jacuzzis. Enjoy sumptuous cuisine in two dining rooms - including the famous Whip Bar & Grill with outdoor terrace. Heated outdoor pool, afternoon tea & cookies, health club with Jacuzzi, sauna and massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Green Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Green Mountain Resort
- Green Mountain Stowe
- Green Mountain Inn Stowe, Vermont