“What a place for a wedding !” 5 of 5 stars

Green Mountain Inn
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   18 Main St, PO Box 60, Stowe, VT 05672   |
Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Stowe
Winslow, Maine
“What a place for a wedding !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

As the title says, "What a place for a wedding. The rooms were newly renovated and had all the perfect touches of an old New England Inn. The wedding was in a courtyard and was lovely. Then we went to the Inn for cocktails and appetizers, then on to the main dinning room for the mail meal. The only think was during cocktails they only had one bar for about 120 guests. But the appetizers and followed up by the dinner were wonderful.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mansfield House - newly renovated and beautiful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Weddings are very special to us here at the Green Mountain Inn and I am so pleased to hear that your recent celebration was so memorable. The newly updated Mansfield Lawn and Courtyard are the perfect place to create wedding memories, with spectacular landscaping and an elaborate surround sound system. Thank you for sharing your appreciation for our Inn and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

1,132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
brockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Green Mountain Inn definitely lived up to our expectations. From the moment we arrived and until the day of our departure the staff at the Inn felt made us feel welcome. All staff seemed genuinely interested to ensure our stay was comfortable and easy to engage despite being busy by times.

Our room was comfy, small with the only concern in our the mattress was too soft perhaps requiring an update sometime soon.

We chose to have breakfast daily for the three days of our stay. Also dined at the Whip Bar & Grill and our servers were great. The food was very tasty and the atmosphere of the restaurant conveyed a nice ambiance. Would recommend this Inn and will stay again in the future at this place when we return to Stowe.

Only the outside pool was not available, since this was being completely rebuild as well upgraded.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind recommendation and for mentioning our ongoing renovations. We are working very hard to create the best possible experience for all of our guests and I can’t wait to see the end result - it’s going to be truly amazing! Our staff strives to accommodate our guests at every turn and your kind and thoughtful acknowledgement of their efforts will make their day! It was a pleasure to welcome you as a guest at the Green Mountain Inn and I hope to greet you again soon!

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great place, stayed there in early summer on the way to upper Vermont. Fun little town, an excellent restaurant across the street (we didn't try the restaurant at the Inn) and a nice coffee shop up the road on the Main Street. The Green Mountain's bar is small but fun, good service, inice beer selection, wines OK. King suite was very nice, in room jacuzzi, fire place, firm bed and air conditioning. Interesting front porch for people watching. Forgive the rambling, review requires 200 characters:)

Room Tip: Only stayed in a King Suite, very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenMtnInn, General Manager at Green Mountain Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I’m thrilled to read that your stay with us here at the Green Mountain Inn was so enjoyable! It sounds as if you were able to relax a little and take a moment to sit and just enjoy what makes Stowe such a great place to visit. Please come back and visit with us again soon and I thank you for your lovely review. I hope your trip to Northern Vermont was just as memorable.

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights on our sightseeing fortnight around New England. The accommodation was very good we stayed in a deluxe king room. The Inn is centrally located in town and so all amenities are to hand. They are currently renovating the outside pool area so this was off limits but they did give access to the local town pool if required. Our only disappointment was the Whip Bar restaurant where the service was appalling. To be fair when we checked out the Reception Manager asked hoe our stay had gone and upon learning of our poor dining experience did offer a discount on the food bill that was charged to our room so we were pleased that some recognition had been given. I'd recommend staying here just be cautious choosing where to eat. We ate at Harrison's across the road on our second night and the food and service were excellent.

Room Tip: Choose at least a deluxe king canopy room you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost, let me apologize for the service you experienced at our in-house restaurant. It was not at all what we expect for any of our guests. I am happy to hear that your concerns were recognized by our staff and handled appropriately. At the Green Mountain Inn, we wish for each of our guests to leave here with wonderful memories of a relaxing stay and attentive service. I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again very soon and I thank you for your kind review.

Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Green Mountain Inn lived up to expectations. I had booked two rooms, my wife and I had a room in the annex (305) and our friend had a room in the main house. the rooms in the main building are slightly better and the environment in lovely, however we are not complaining.

In the main part of the Inn the decor has lots of naive art, murals, pictures and lovely wallpapers and furnishings. It was like stepping back in time (in a good way!) we loved it. We stayed here only one night but did eat in the restaurant and our meals were all excellent.The staff were attentive and we could have used the spar facilities had we had more time.

Would we go back? You bet!

Room Tip: We thought from our experience that the rooms in the main building had more character but we have no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Every building at the Green Mountain Inn has a special quality about it…from historic pictures and period furniture to charming fireplaces and four-poster beds, and I’m thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of that. I’m so happy that the by-gone charm of the Inn added an extra-special touch to your stay! It would be our pleasure to provide you with accommodations in the future, and please don’t hesitate to let us know your preferences. Thank you for your kind review and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Green Mountain Inn for Memorial Day Weekend. We pulled in on Saturday afternoon and found the front desk to be very helpful/accommodating. The parking lot was sufficient.

We were assigned a room in the "annex" area- right attached to the main building, but we had to walk outside to enter the room. The room was spacious for two people and had a nice balcony area. Decor looked antique, but we had modern amenities/desk. The closet was gigantic. There was no mini-fridge, which would have been useful. The bathroom was beautifully updated with granite. The room could have used some more light in the evening, but the bed was comfortable.

Housekeeping at this hotel was one of the best I've ever had. They clearly vacuumed the room each day and everything was immaculate. The bathroom had a tub/shower combo with a hard casing at the top, which I know is hard to keep clean, and it was totally clean. The free toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap) were very good quality.

We ate at the hotel's restaurant and thought it was great. They make their own fresh bread and the cheese platter was amazing.

Now the downside- our first morning there was a horrible noise coming from the bathroom area which sounded like a jackhammer around 7 am. It actually made the room shake because of vibration. I was about to call the front desk to complain (after about 10 minutes) when it stopped and I tried to go back to sleep. I later discovered that when we turned on the hot water in our shower, we also had the same noise/vibration, so I suspect it may have come from an upstairs room. On Tuesday morning at 7 am, again, we had loud noise, this time from the construction workers outside of our balcony. My husband visited the front desk and was told that construction wasn't supposed to start so early in the morning, but that was the best they could do. We had really looked forward to a couple of mornings where we could "sleep in" on this trip, so that was disappointing.

Also, due to construction by the pool and restaurant area, the view from our balcony was awful- basically a dirty construction site, and offered no privacy. We were told that we could use a pool at a neighboring facility since the Inn's was under construction, but didn't try that.

Lastly, the bathroom was cold. It was a chilly weekend in Vermont, so we had the heat turned on in our room, but it didn't help in the bathroom. We showered and ran into the bedroom to get dressed.

Despite the negatives, we enjoyed our stay. The hotel has a great location in the Stowe area, and most of the bad things SHOULD be fixed up over time. I would definitely give this Inn another stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am extremely grateful for your kind comments and also for letting me know exactly what inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay at the Green Mountain Inn. We are trying very hard to ensure that our renovations do not inconvenience our guests in any way, so hearing that your stay was not as restful as it should have been is certainly concerning. I will be sure to have our Maintenance Engineers look into what may have been the problem with the noisy pipes. I absolutely look forward to having you return in the future when everything is finished to enjoy the exceptional stay that you deserve. Thank you for your review.

Clare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We spent two nights at the Green Mountain Inn in the beautiful Stowe. I would highly recommend this Inn. I stayed there in August 2012 with my husband and three children aged 10, 8 and 7. We had an annexe room by the pool which actually turned out to be two bedrooms with two bathrooms, the kids loved having a separate bedroom with their own tv. They also loved being right beside the pool which they could swim in at night after we came back from dinner, very special treat for them being able to swim in the dark.
The location is wonderul right in the heart of Stowe, the hotel itself has a small intimate feel about it. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return.

Room Tip: The annexe by the pool is fantastic for families
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It’s wonderful to hear that your family had such an enjoyable time while staying at the Green Mountain Inn. I’m sure your children took away some great memories of their nighttime swims and I hope you and your husband were able to relax a little and enjoy a little time to yourselves too. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back for many more years to come. Thank you for your gracious review.

Patti Clark

Been to Green Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!