“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Stowe mountain lodge was an incredible hotel.located close enough to mt.Mansfield to have access directly to the mountain.we of course didn't ski as it was June,but I'm sure this is the ultimate hotel for skiers having ski in/ski out access.the food was fresh(farm to table)and priced accordingly with the rest of the Stowe area.the only thing I didnt like about it was that it was a valet only hotel(if that is what your used to,then you'll probably not care,but if your charging me 19.00 a night to park my vehicle in your parking garage,don't give me a disclaimer saying your not responsible for my vehicle or property inside it).

Room Tip: My view was of the front driveway,and it was still awesome.I can't imagine a bad view anywhere h...
Green Features: I like that they have recycling bins in the rooms,and the organic toiletries(soap and shampoo)were excellant .i think all of there efforts to be environmentally friendly are well executed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Saw beautiful pictures online and so many good reviews about this hotel. I alwayhs wanted to come to this place for our family vacation. I have to say I was disappointed by my experience.I make a three-day reservation at Stowe and I was told by the phone one week before we checking-in that there should have enough rooms available to upgrade if we pay 9 dollars extra during this low season in May. This upgrade was recommend on their own website! ( we stay in 21st-24th, May; it was a very low season in this time in Stowe, as we hardly see anyone anywhere) While we checking into the hotel, I saw almost no guest in the hotel lobby, but front desk clerk told me there were no room to upgrade. In such big hotel with couple hundred rooms it is a bit hard to believe! She gave us a join room which means we have to share an entrance with the other hotel guest. ( we really did not see a lot of hotel guests to believe there is no room available to upgrade) When we get into our room, the bath room was like used by the previous guests , there was towel hanging on the shower room door and the rest of the towel not folding properly.
We did not make any complaint because non of the hotel front desk managements greeting us when they see us, no smile no hello, one even look at us like we look suspicious. Maybe stay in this high end hotel you should always dress up and looking good.
Finally, I still have to say Bell desk clerks and house keepers were all very friendly. I really hope that not only The hotel facilities look nice but the rest of everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am proud to hear about the interaction from our Bell Desk and Housekeeping Teams! Furthermore, your comments regarding the upgrade experience are being shared with our Front Desk in a training environment.

Typically, upgrades are available, depending on the category of room, at a significant discount. As with most of these promotions, they are available for a limited time as inventory can move quickly.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and be your contact for your next trip with us to ensure your expectations are met.

Warm Regards,
Matt Quick
Director of Rooms
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Perfect ski destination! Service is friendly and very helpful. The resort has great restaurants and the rooms are very comfortable, with fireplace and kitchenette.
The fact that it is a sky in sky out, makes a great difference!
I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great Resort tucked in North of Stowe where skiing is the popular activity during the winters. However, since we visited during May there was no skiing but the resort itself was great and a had very warm and friendly staff. We could have stayed a little lower in Stowe as we were travelling from Boston, but it wouldn't probably be as scenic.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are reasonable and have a balcony and fire place. Should be selected. The double room I...
Green Features: They are very conscious about environment preservation and incorporate it in their daily routines with food, recycling and sourcing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Things slow down in Stowe in May after the ski season but that just allows for our guests to truly escape and unwind. The Spa and Wellness Center can help that process even more with spa treatments or fitness classes and training to get truly rejuvenated before heading back from vacation.

Regards,
Heinrich von Puschendorf
Director of Operations
Davie, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

From the moment we arrived, Everyone at the Stowe Mountain Lodge greeted us with kindness. The lodge is spacious with lots of comfy seating next to fireplaces and views of the mountain. Our room exceeded our expectations! It has a fireplace, a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, stovetop, sink, dishwasher and all the plates, cups and utensils. The bathroom is spacious with a lovely shower and a bathtub. Our king bed and sheets were so comfy, we actually bought a set of the sheets.....a first for us. The food was excellent as was the service. I had a massage that I wish lasted another hour....WOW. I would not hesitate recommending this four diamond resort to anyone. It was a great trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your VIP (Very Important Post) review of Stowe Mountain Lodge! All our guests are important to us and want that to be translated the minute you drive up. We are so glad you enjoyed the amenities including the sheets! They are a very popular product and The Spa sells quite a few so our guests are able to take a touch of The Lodge home with them at the end of their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,
Heinrich von Puschendorf
Director of Operations
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The location and buildings are beautiful, though lacking in proper maintenance in some areas. The rooms appear clean, but could use an actual thorough cleaning. The highlight of staying at SML is the heated outdoor pool and hot tubs, which are unparalleled and a must-experience. The big complaint I have is the DAILY $20 parking fee - with no option available except the valet service. At these prices the valet service should be included.

Room Tip: if you're mobility challenged, be sure to talk to the hotel about your room location in advance...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

There was nothing particularly wrong with anything at the Stowe Mountain Lodge. The staff are great, the amenities are wonderful and the rooms are luxurious. But I never forgot that I was in a hotel for one minute. I like privacy, and there was always someone around offering me drinks or food or turndown service (one funny story - I took the Do Not Disturb sign off my door when I was expecting room service, and literally within seconds the turndown service folks were knocking! Almost as if they were lurking in a dark corner, just waiting for that sign to disappear!)

Other places I have stayed have felt much more homey. I wasn't able to really appreciate the slopeside location, since I don't like to ski here (I just like staying in Stowe and skiing elsewhere). My preference is to stay "in town", much further down the mountain, in the middle of the apres ski action.

All that being said, if you like a grand resort that is literally next to the ski lifts, this place is for you.

Room Tip: Get a Front Four room - the views are amazing and I was mesmerized watching the groomers high up on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Stowe Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!