“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found the lodge to be a good choice! We spent 3 nights in a one bedroom suite, it was adequate for what we needed, housekeeping could have been a little more attentive to cleanliness detail, even though the weather was chilly, we did manage to enjoy the outdoor pool it was 88 degrees!! If I had to say one negative thing it would be the parking, we parked behind the lodge and was told that the lot was not owned by the hotel and that there was a possiblity of being towed,BUT, if we paid 20.00 a night they would valet park the car, no other parking was available, I found this to be a bit over the top considering the amount we paid for our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms at this resort are more suited for long term stay. My husband and I stayed two nights as part of a business convention. The room has well-appointed kitchen amenities that includes a small variety of dishes. There is even a dishwasher! There is a couch, an easy chair and a gas fireplace. The sheets on the bed are the "best". The bathroom is large, almost too large, with a huge glass shower and an equally large tub. Rooms are not economical, but then again, if you are in Stowe, money shouldn't be an object.

Room Tip: There ar many rooms to choose from. While, our room was booked for us, I assume that there are many...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were married at Stowe Mountain Lodge over the Memorial Day weekend. Let’s start with the pros. The hotel is beautiful and the customer service is excellent. From the conference services specialist (Allison), the Salon Manager (Maggie), the pet sitter (Jim) to the valet assistant (Eric) - the service was consistently top notch. Every one of them went above and beyond to make our wedding special. The facilities from the rooms, spa, salon and pool are amazing. The rooms are large and inviting. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone considering hosting an event.

The con list is short but no less impactful. The restaurants and food options here let this beautiful hotel and its staff down. The locally sourced ingredients are ruined by the execution at both the Hourglass and Solstice restaurants. For example, I ordered a caesar salad at Hourglass and there were literally decaying pieces of lettuce. I don’t just mean over ripe but unhealthy to eat. At Solstice, my husband ordered swordfish ($29). The fish was very overcooked and difficult to eat.

Despite the food issues, I would recommend staying here given the long list of pros. Just plan to drive into town for better quality options.

Room Tip: The Ridgeline Studios have a wonderful view of Mt. Mansfield
Green Features: The hotel is very environmentally friendly, with lots of signage.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Beth,

It was such an honor to host your May wedding – I had a great time working with you to plan your special day. I’m disappointed to hear that our restaurant offerings fell short of meeting your standards. I will be taking this feedback back to our culinary team to address so that when we welcome you back, you will receive the dining experience representative of the service levels you have come to expect from The Lodge.

Allison Casey
Conference Services Manager
Holliston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Stowe last June, and returned this past weekend. Both times have been magnificent! We stayed in an Alpine 1 bedroom suite last year, and the Timberline Jr Suite this year. We got a great rate (with parking included!) and had a wonderful stay. The front desk is very helpful and polite, as was the concierge and the valet. Although the valet parking can seem a little bit of an inconvenience, since you can't just come and go from your vehicle, and expensive at $20/day (we had it included this time, but paid it last summer) the lodge is totally worth it. We just always made sure to call down 10 minutes before leaving, and our car was always waiting for us. The rooms are clean, with beautiful large bathrooms and nice balconies. It was a relaxing trip, and we hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Alpine 1 bd suites have a better view than Ridgeline Jr suites, but at a much higher cost. Room its...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
The staff at Stowe Mountain Lodge knows they have done their job when we see our guests coming back. Thank you for sharing your experience with us while on your Stowe, Vermont vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for your next getaway!

Matt Quick
Director of Rooms
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was once again impressed by the level of service and commitment to customer satisfaction of this hotel and its staff.

Staff: I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and I am always impressed and the professionalism of its staff. From the front desk staff, to the concierge, to the weight room/pool/house-keeping employees - everyone is exceptionally curteous and willing to go out of thier way to ensure that the guests are well taken care of.

Rooms: I have stayed in a timberline and ridgeline suite. Both rooms are substantially simialr to one another (save for the view - I found either to be great as both face the mountains to one degree or another). The main rooms are spacious and clean, offering a sitting area (with an electric fireplace - great on those cool mountain nights), a sleeping area and a kitchenette (including a mini-fridge for storage - there is no mini-bar). The bathrooms are large and modern and are stocked with quality, environmentally friendly bath products. A previous post commented that water leaks through the shower door - I have had this issue in one of the rooms, although it's a minor inconveneince that is easily remedied using the shower mat. Another post commented that rooms on one side of the hotel are quite far from the lobby. I find it interesting that people complain about such trivial matters - the hotel is quite large and so some rooms are further from the lobby than others. However, despite its size, the hotel successfully maintains a cozy, welcoming lodge-type feeling.

Gym/Spa/Pool: The gym is truly impressive given the general state of most hotel exercise rooms. There is a wide variety of machines, free weights and cardio equipment that would please most who frequent the gym. The spa is quite nice, and offers quality treatments given by professional and curteous masseusses. The pool area is fantastic - entry into the pool can be made inside or outside. The pool itself provides an area for lap swim and another for kids and families to enjoy; the adjacent jacuzzis offer a warm and relaxing reprieve. There is a snack bar at the poo, which seems to only be open sporadically.

Bar/Restaurant: I ate at the bar on a Sunday night in the off-season when most of the restauarants in the area close by 9:30. This was the only area in which I felt that service and quality were lacking.The food was mediocre and the service average, but I don't believe that the prices are exorbitant (they are quite high in the main restaurant).

Game room: The hotel has a game room with a variety of arcade games for the kids (... and adults to enjoy).

Activities: The area has some great hiking and biking trails. Bikes can be rented in town for between $30-$40 (2 bikes for 2 hours). There is a movie theatre in town that is reminiscent of the days of old, providing a small and intimate atmosphere while showing the latest features.

Having had the opportunity to travel to many places, this hotel truly ranks as my favourite among the many at which I have stayed. The staff is exceptional and truly go out of their way to ensure that you enjoy a relaxing getaway. They show an appreciation for your business that makes you want to return as often as possible.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a great resort, but the weather was so poor, we didn't really get to take advantage of all the amenities. The Studio room was very nice and well appointed with a fireplace and kitchenette and view of the mountain. The bathroom was large with tub and separate shower. The room was very clean. My kids loved the large outdoor pool, except it was so cold outside, it was snowing on us in the pool. The hot tubs were very nice and warm. The lobby was cosy with the large fireplace. We also enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant. We will definitely come back here either when it is warmer for the summer activities, or during winter. I did wish there were more activities for kids to do onsite, like some resort hotels. I thought there might be crafts or some kind of organized activites offered, but there were not.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Stowe Mountain Lodge for your family vacation! We are thrilled that everyone was able to take advantage of all the amenities, cozy corners in the lobby and warm fireplaces in the rooms. During the winter and summer months, our recreation team has more activities for the whole family programmed - everything from hiking and outdoor activities to movies to crafts. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your next Vermont vacation!

Matt Quick
Director of Rooms
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Third visit to Stowe Nountain Lodge and found it up to previous standards. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful when making any request. Upon registration being a member of Destinations Delivers we were upgraded to an Alpine Suite; the room was clean well appointed and met all our needs.

The Spa services are excellent and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
The heated pool is quite large with a beautiful view of mountains; also has a service bar in warmer weather and 2 hot tubs.

The Spruce Peak Theater on grounds is well worth getting tickets for; saw Judy Bernstein a local Jazz blue singer and completely enjoyeD.

The hotel is beautiful both inside and out with it's beautiful views of surrounding mountains; I definitely can not wait till me next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quiet; I've faced both the front and back but enjoy the scenery from the ba...
Green Features: A green hotel serving locally sourced and organic foods.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Stowe Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!