“High-end property, but I got shorted.” 3 of 5 stars

Save Up to 30% Off!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rumney, NH
“High-end property, but I got shorted.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was recently here at this property for a conference, I booked my room many months in advance and requested a King bedroom. Upon checking in I got the Lock-off 2 double bed room of a larger suite. I knew there was little that could be done since they were sold out. Besides for being a small room it was nice and was clean. It had a balcony and the bathroom was really nice, even though it was almost a big as the room. The staff was great, where ever you walked they always said hello. My room had key issues and one night I had to go back 3 times in 10 minutes since the key would not work. Eventually they had a maint. person waiting for me to help me get into my room. The meeting facilities were very nice, but the food was average. One day we had Turnovers for snacks and then for lunch we had 3 courses all were pastry based, almost like they had been leftover after the winter and they needed to get rid of them. The pool looked real nice, but I never got chance to try it.

Room Tip: I would say try to get rooms with just 3 number the 1000s rooms are far away!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of Stowe Mountain Lodge. We apologize for not being able to meet your room configuration request - we do our best to meet these requests however are not able to guarantee these requests with limited inventory. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our friendly staff who go out of their way to create a memorable experience for our guests. Thank you for joining us during your event and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Matt Quick

1,007 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Ledyard, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was an enjoyable stay from start to finish..warm, welcoming, efficient, dog friendly, gorgeous views, eco-friendly..I could go on and on. Rooms were comfortable, patio was enjoyable, fireplace warmed us up and kitchen area was impressivelystocked for being such a small space! We will, without doubt, return again and again. Great staff..everywhere!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Staying at the Stowe Mountain Lodge for a conference. The facilities are immaculate and the property offers a posh take on rustic lodging while still incorporating much of Vermont's charm's artistic charm. Even standard rooms are ample size with large bathrooms and a fireplace. Proximity to local trails and the Mountain couldn't be better.

The only negative is that it's a distance from the downtown area and restaurants on Mountain Road. That said, if you come here with that in mind, you won't be disappointed. You really do have so much at your finger tips mountainside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of Stowe Mountain Lodge! We also appreciate working in a property central to some of Vermont’s finest trail systems and local attractions. Our location allows for convenient access to Stowe’s farmers markets, fine golf courses, and summer events.

We truly look forward to your return!

Matthew Quick
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Stowe Mountain Lodge is a beautiful resort with comfortable upscale amenities. The rooms were comfortable. I stayed in a Timberline Studio. Our gas fireplace was not working but was fixed with a quick phone call.
The kitchen area is small but adequate if needed. The bathroom was large and well appointed. Bedding was very comfortable and as has been mentioned before the sheets were extremely soft but the mattress pad underneath made it extremely warm. Room was well cleaned.
The spa area is very relaxing and worth going to. I did not have any treatments but used the facilities for steam and sauna. Very nice. The outdoor pool was a little cool when I went but if you had the stamina you could use it even in the winter.
The small bar area on the floor above the reception was welcoming. Enjoyed a nice wine and cheese platter before dinner.
All staff was very attentive and friendly. The only issue that we actually ran into was with the restaurant. There was only one open (Solstice) when we went. It was crowded but that really wasn't the problem. The issue was that there was only one waitress for the entire restaurant. The manager on duty helped out but it was less than a relaxing experience. Some of the flavors of the food was very overpowering. I think that if the waitstaff had a little more time they could explain dishes better. We had to actually ask for side dishes. I think that if we were to go at another time when the waitstaff was fully staffed it would have been a much more enjoyable experience.
All in all this resort is very relaxing and well worth the money. I would return again in a minute.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Beautiful Stowe Mountain Lodge in October 2011. It was just a short, 3-day trip to Vermont to drive along the gorgeous roads and visit the Ben & Jerry's factory and a cute little cider place not too far away.

This hotel was gorgeous. We ate at Solstice the first night, and while pricey - the food was delicious. They overcooked my beef tenderloin, but when I mentioned this to the waiter, the chef happily cooked me another one and said it was his fault. Definitely didn't ruin the experience at all. My hubby ordered the tasting menu and the first few courses were far superior to the main... overall a pretty good dinner and a nice splurge. Oh and they threw in a free desert for me for messing up my steak... Excellent customer service, in my opinion.

The room itself was gorgeous. The bathrooms were large and beautiful with tub and shower, and a separate toilet "room". We even had a small kitchenette if we needed it.

The bed was huge and we had a nice sofa as well. We could have brought two more people with us easily to sleep in that room.

My only good/bad thing about the hotel room itself were that there were markings on the sheets. They use eco friendly cleaners (the good), but they don't remove stains... that was the only real downside and slight "gross out" of the trip.

However, the real beauty of our trip was the heated outdoor pool! You enter through an inside room and swim out into the cool fall air. It is the most beautiful view at night as your nestled in the trees and the beautiful lodge. So gorgeous. We loved it so much we have been trying to find a good time to go back!

Would be a beautiful place for a wedding too!

Anyways, mostly good things to say about this gorgeous place!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor - the pool area is noisy and if your on a lower floor you can he...
Green Features: While I do enjoy these environmentally friendly cleaning supplies and the general attitude, it was pretty gross to find sheets with markings all over them... I know they were clean, but it was still pretty gross.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stowe Mountain Lodge is very upscale and obviously expensive, but if you like the convenience of having your skies and boots checked and everthing waiting for you in the morning, then this is the place to be at the foot of the lifts. Paying $20/ day for parking when already check in was an irritation as well as tipping every time you wanted to drive in our out of the resort.
The rooms and bathrooms were lovely especially with the mountain view. There was a small refrigerator, microwave and sink, so you could do minimal cooking in. We brought our own breakfast and coffee was supplied. There are two restaurants, a big outdoor heated pool and two hot tubs. It was below freezing when we were there with a snow storm raging and the pool was not hot enough with the low temperature. All in all, it was a good splurge and the price dropped after Easter, yet the ski conditions were great.

Room Tip: Go at the beginning or end of the season as the rate drop.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing Stowe Mountain Lodge for your Vermont ski vacation. Our ski in/ski out access is the only one of its kind in Stowe and offers superb views and access to the trails. The ski valet service will make sure that your skis and boots are ready for you in the morning to only speed up your rush to the slopes. We look forward to welcoming you back to Stowe for your next spring ski vacation.

Matthew Quick
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had a great time at the hotel with my family. The location is great just steps from the gondolas. The ski valet service is excellent. The only thing the hotel needs to have more restaurants choices. The are only two and the room service that is the same menu as one of the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Stowe Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!