“Family of Four from CT.” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Family of Four from CT.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we drove up to the Lodge we were greeted by the friendliest Man. Who was the Valet and went to park our Car. ($20 mandatory)
As we walked in we were greeted by the friendliest receptionist we had ever encountered. All in all the whole Staff was great.
The room was so clean that it even stunned this Momma whos constantly reminding her kids not to touch ickyyy things. Not a problem in this Place. EVERYTHING was spotless!!! Bathroom.... omg! Looked like a mini spa. Bedroom... had everything you need and thensome. The sheets on that Bed are unforgettable.
Only thing I didnt like was the Pricing on those Rooms... Yikes.

• Stayed April 2013
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of Stowe Mountain Lodge! We appreciate the comments of the family travelers and love to hear that we met your expectations, particularly regarding cleanliness and friendliness. We try to provide the comforts of home without the stress or mess. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Stowe, Vermont vacation.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a pleasant surprise for a weekend with the kids. The facilities were way better than I expected and the price was reasonable (although it was late march, so the back side of peak pricing). The hotel really seemed like a high end mountain west resort. The staff was extremely responsive and friendly. The concierge gave us excellent advise on dining as well.
The access to the largely outdoor pool was particularly nice: entering through a little indoor section then swim out access.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I and my wife were to ski in Vermont last March and stayed at the Stowe Montain Lodge for 8 days. This hotel is in the base of the mountain and has a Valet Ski for our confort. All the staff were friendly, in special the concierge Peter. Inside the hotel you can buy tickts for lifts and classes or rental equipments. It's very easy. The restaurants are greats, special Solstice, but in Stowe has more than 50 restaurants to choose. I recommend O'Gradys, Família Trapp and Hen of the Wood. The Spa is full equipped and the massages are relaxing. Great choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your story about your Stowe, Vermont visit. Our goal is to have you experience your activities and services with ease so we provide an extra ticket desk, ski valet and concierge services to help. We are glad to hear you enjoyed Solstice, our fine dining restaurant as well as The Spa for a well-rounded Stowe Mountain Lodge experience. We hope to welcome you back again for your next ski vacation.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

So much that we decided to stay a little longer than it was planned. The Stowe Mountain Lodge won't fall short. It's beautiful, efficient, friendly and right there at the bottom of the mountain. The snow condition was unbelievable! (we might have lucked out on that one, considering it was April skiing). Ski in and ski out just got a new definition. Very very nice. We will sure be back!
Like another reviewer, I agree that the turn down service could have tucked in the corner of the sheets. They were just laid on the bed (???). I too, like my bed sheets tight on the mattress. And on my review to the hotel, I did mention that house keeping fell short a little bit, by forgetting to replace coffee and sugar and other items that were supposedly automatic replaced. Made me have to ask for it and I fell uncomfortable a bit, since I am not the type to complain for little things.
Overall, the hotel is beautifully set up. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. First class all the way! Oh, did I mention that there is a fire place in every room???
Mom of 3.

Room Tip: Anything is great there. We were upgraded "just because" and it was wonderful. Maybe get a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great resort to ski, relax and unwind. Limited dining options at resort, but downtown Stowe a nearby drive. Not much to do at resort other than ski, spa and enjoy room service and the fab outdoor pool and hot tub. There is no ski "village" area to shop/dine. I prefer to stay here for a quick getaway, 2-3 nights, to enjoy skiing (and ski valet), and relaxing with some pricey (but worth it - salt scrub/warm vichy shower) spa treatments. The rooms are smaller than they appear - we had the studio w/fireplace, kitchenette and balcony - but very well appointed and comfortable. Best sheets ever!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you posting about your getaway to Stowe Mountain Lodge. Stowe, Vermont has long been a weekend ski destination for those residing in the surrounding metropolitan areas – Montreal, Boston and New York. With quick drives or flights, our guests are able to be here in less than three hours and enjoy the slopes for a weekend before returning home for another week. Thank you for choosing Stowe Mountain Lodge for your Stowe, Vermont ski getaway.

Boston, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was far above my usual "digs" for my spring ski vacation. The usual rate for a standard room is above my budget, but, a very good price allowed me to afford the stay of 5 days,

The room was exceptional: views to the big mountain, quiet, well laid out and large. Marble countertops, floors and surrounds completed the total feel. The bathroom was big enough to hold a rodeo, and had a deep tub which I used one lazy afternoon to great effect. The bed was extra-comfortable, which, after skiing from first chair until late in the afternoon brought sound sleep. The fully equipped kitchen allowed me to eat the breakfast I wanted, and to eat in as I pleased. The staff was attentive and concerned that everything was right. Like another reviewer, I was concerned about the number of children who early in the night were truly running about and not quiet. By the time I needed to put head to pillow (~10:00 P.M) , the rascals had petered out, all was quiet.

Two concerns that might be easily handled. One was the state of my bed when I turned it down for the night (and yes they did offer "turn down" service, but I'm the independent sort). The sheets were askew and not "tight". Perhaps you can blame my Navy boot camp training, but I want it done up well, hospital corners and all. I took the time to strip and redo it all to my tastes. Second , the provided flat bottomed coffee filters for the cone shape filter holder! It took precision placement to keep the filter from dumping grounds out of the filter into the pot and over the counter (which it did once.). These were a couple of simple things that just need a closer look. Neither contributed to any significant degree to an unpleasant experience, and indeed, it was very nice.

Oh, ya - the skiing? ... extraordinary.

Room Tip: The further from the lobby and pool, the quieter the hallway becomes. Less foot traffic & fewer...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently returned from a ski trip at Stowe. We chose this hotel for its convenience to the slopes. No other property can beat this location; a few steps to the slopes/chair lifts and a few steps to the "Over Easy Gondola" taking us to the other side of the mountain. For this reason alone, we would return to the lodge.

Our room was quite nice - gas fireplace, spacious bathroom, great view of the slopes got us excited every morning. Having a kitchenette was a terrific convenience - just enough to get breakfast, grab a snack, cup of tea but certainly not enough to feel pressured into "cooking' a meal - though that would have been possible, I suppose.

On the other hand, as I've noticed other have already pointed out, the service was sketchy. We had terrific experiences with the ski valet each morning, but the concierge was anything but helpful. There's supposed to be a ski concierge on duty, but he/she was never there when we needed help and no one seemed to know his or her hours. They'd just point to an empty chair and say someone will be there tomorrow. The best option for information about ski tickets/passes/mountain info/rentals is to go to the extremely helpful mountain staff. Those are the folks at the ticket office just outside the hotel.

Housekeeping staff - as mentioned by others - didn't have the rooms refreshed when we came back from a full day of skiing and the linen bags were, indeed, lined up in the hallways at all hours of the night and day. Surely, they were understaffed. Restaurant was extremely slow at dinner - again, not much in the way of wait staff present. We went to other local restaurants after that experience and luckily, had some really nice meals.

Keep in mind this property is huge -- it's easy to forget where you are as the nice but extremely long corridors created a maze. The hotel did absorb the guests well - it never felt crowded though I know it was. The kids loved the pool - it was spacious and can accommodate lappers and players. Hot tubs were large and big enough.

Bottom line is that the Stowe Mountain Lodge worked in spite of itself. Eventually, they'll (hopefully) work out the kinks and it will be terrific.

Room Tip: Looking out at the Mt. Mansfield ski slopes in the morning got us excited to ski. Watching the gond...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Stowe Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!