“Worth every single penny” 5 of 5 stars

Spring into Stowe Savings
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Worth every single penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I are writing this well-deserved review as we are toasting by the fire and enjoying the view of the mountains. Stowe mountain lodge far exceeded our expectations! From the minute we checked in we have been treated with first class, warm luxury. It might be because it is early in the ski season, but it has been pleasantly not crowded and the staff here really wants to make your day. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a studio simply because it was our one year anniversy! The heated pool while checking out the snow capped mountains was perfect after a day of hiking. Plus, we asked for a late check out and they had no problems accommodating our "desires". Stowe mountain lodge, thank you so much for making our first time in Vermont incredibly romantic and treating us like royalty!

Room Tip: The studio comes with a great kitchenette that even includes a cool dishwasher! Worth it to cook and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Happy Anniversary!! We are honored you chose Stowe Mountain Lodge as your anniversary destination. Even in early season, there is still great skiing available with the new snow making systems just installed, not to mention the other outdoor activities like the hiking -- topped off with some time in the pool, and it sounds like you found a great day. Thank you again for letting us help you celebrate your special day and we hope to welcome you back again next year...if not before!

Heinrich von Puschendorf
Director of Operations

955 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love coming to Stowe every year. The staff always takes care of me and is very attentive to my guests. They know exactly what I like and don't like and make me feel at home. I attend a conference here ever year and they always have enough staff and have learned over the years how to better work with us improving the experience every time without my knowing it needed to be improved. I highly suggest a wedding here or a corporate event. They make you feel like family and rarely say no to a request (usually it is a safety issue).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a fantastic review of Stowe Mountain Lodge! We appreciate any and all feedback, but reviews from frequent travelers who know us well we especially take to heart since they have experienced our amenities so often. Our goal is to welcome our guests back as friends and family and make them feel as if this is their home away from home - we are pleased to hear that we have succeeded. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next trip to Stowe, Vermont!

Heinrich von Puschendorf
Director of Operations
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a beautiful place. We will visit again, for sure. Went with the entire family for a quick get away. We had no idea we would enjoy our stay as much as we did. What a wonderful surprise..:)

We used the exercise room, we swam in the amazing outside pool..we shopped at their beautiful store and ate dinner in their amazing resteraunt. The only thing we did not have time for was the spa..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visited in late October ('12) and found a wonderful extended weekend getaway Lodge with first rate service and amenities awaiting me. Pricy, but worth it! The spa in particular was up to any i had experienced anywhere. The lockeroom facilites are first-rate and spacious, while the various culinary offerings in any one of the several available venues made for an excellent gastronomic dining experience. I will be back, and having stayed at several other "top shelf" hotels/inns in the Stowe area over the last year, I can certainly say that the Stowe Mountain Lodge has the others beat hands-down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for visiting Stowe Mountain Lodge and taking advantage of the many amenities and services we have to offer! No trip to Stowe, Vermont is complete without sampling one of the time spas, including The Spa at Stowe Mountain Lodge, which we are thrilled to hear your loved! The Spa focuses on long-term wellness - not just on the escape and relatation while you are with us. Our hope is that you walked away with a step or plan you could incorporate into your everyday routine, but do also hope we can welcome you back again.

Maggy Dunphy
Spa Director
Winsted, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Loved this place. Staff was very friendly, proffesional and gave VIP service. Rooms were more than exceptional and clean. Fire pits, always blazed at night, the pool glowed and steamed all day, excellent views when swimming and it's 30 degrees or colder out. Every room has a propane fireplace on demand, I was never cold! there is also a functioning kitchen were you can save money by making your own meals! Not over crowded, food was excellent. The valet staff were very helpful and quick to attend. If you visit, you must drive through Smuggler's Notch, it's magical, bring a bagged lunch or some take out, you will stay there for hours just starring at everything. Downtown was filled with cute shops, excellent atmosphere at this lodge as well as the town!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I don't like writing a spiteful review without first letting the manager know but when I checked out and mentioned my complaint, i asked for the email address of the manager to contact him. Rachel at reception said there was no need, she would pass on my comments.
I then followed this up with a mail. This is now 4 days ago and the lodge has not come back to me.

Firstly I would like to say that my first impressions of the hotel and our room were good. Well kept public spaces, great gym,big room with massive bathroom.

However when we went to bed at 1030, we heard noises. I thought there were kids playing in the hallway so I went to check it out. It is then that I realised our room connected with another room and I could hear EVERY noise, word, sound from next door. The door was in the little hallway and I had not seen this before.
I went back to bed but could not sleep. It was as if the people next door were sitting next to me.
I was at a loss what to do. They were not making any noise, they were merely chatting away.
It would have been unfair to ask them to keep it quiet and I did not want to move room at that point.
I was merely angry with the hotel for giving us that room and not sound proofing it.

Whilst I am writing this, I sit in a hotel in Canada. We have an interconnecting room with a friend and we cannot hear a thing.that is now it should be.
But back to Stowe... The family went to bed just past midnight. I was exhausted at that stage and really wound up.
I felt deprived of all privacy. I had not paid to share a room with another couple!!

The hotel was barely full so why give us that room. I was tired the whole of the next day but had to drive to Montreal. It was awful.

Secondly: this is a dog friendly hotel and I thought I had understood that dogs were not allowed in the bar or restaurant. We were having dinner in the bar and 3 Labradors were there. They were smelly after their walk in the rain so we had to move.
Later on the manager did ask them to leave which caused some problems with th owners.
But the manager should have dealt with this before.

To the hotel manager Matthew: I would appreciate you get In touch with me as your silence till now is not appreciated.

We were thinking of returning here in the winter but I feel so upset about my stay I am not sure. It is a nice hotel but customer service and sound proofing are a must!

Room Tip: You can guess from my review, unless you know your neighbours, don't accept an interconnecting r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Please forgive the delayed response to your concerns. Thank you for sharing your experience. Although there isn’t much we can do to change the physical structure of the rooms for our guests, we are happy to make other accommodations.

Needless to say, our pet policy dictates that we cannot allow for dogs in the restaurants. I am surprised to hear about your experience and would be happy to discuss in further detail. Please contact me at the Lodge directly, at your earliest convenience.

Warm Regards,
Matthew Quick
Director of Rooms
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night in late October. It was past the peak foliage season in northern Vermont, but the scenery was still great. Especially from the room, which was an Alpine Studio on the top floor of the hotel. It had a small kitchen (gas stove, refrigerator, silverware, etc.), a large bathroom with tub and walk-in shower, a king-sized bed, couch, balcony, and fireplace. It wasn't that cold, but we used the fireplace for the hell of it and it threw off a pretty good amount of heat after a couple of minutes. The bed was very comfortable, and it was pretty sweet to have a couch as another place to sit in the room.

The architecture of the hotel itself is beautiful, and it blends in seamlessly with its surroundings. Can't even imagine what the place is like during ski season, it seems like it's set up perfectly to be its own small city, with everything you could possibly need to have a good time. We ate in the bar, which was fairly empty, but in a good way. The drinks were good, and so was the grilled chicken sandwich and corn chowder. The staff was extremely courteous and welcoming, even giving us a call on my cell phone when our room was ready, since we showed up a few hours before check-in. All in all, this place is highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can, get an Alpine Studio. The room is great and the views are awesome.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stowe Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!