“Great staff and food, atmosphere A+” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harrison's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: the local mountain shuttle drops off just steps away from the restaurant. Check with your hotel front desk for updated route schedules
Description: located in historic Stowe village. Serving seafood, steaks, burgers and homemade desserts. Dinner nightly. Experience a local favorite in a cozy atmosphere. Patio dining on Main Street available in summer months
Orillia
“Great staff and food, atmosphere A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I spent 5 nights in Stowe, Vt. in the middle of October and had some wonderful meals. Two times I went for dinner to Harrisons, once by myself and again with my son and his wife. It is a small, intimate restaurant with great atmosphere and wonderful food. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, particularly Cathy, one of the hostesses. I would suggest reservations as it's a small restaurant with limited seating. The bar area is small and cozy and the upper booths nearby are good places to sit. Down below, there are tables by the fireplace with great atmosphere. We tried different meals and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I have just booked a week for next October in Stowe and I know I'll be back to Harrisons!

Visited October 2012

Hong Kong, China
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

very cozy. service very good. i had crab cake (this is the best I've ever had) & scallop. food is very well done. family owned & run restaurant. highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
Northbridge, Massachusetts
“Creative food, well executed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Loved the beet and goat cheese salad even though I don't usually like beets. Great soups on a cold night. Friendly service. Intimate, low ceiling room can seem friendly or crowded, depending on the noise level. Recommendations required, always a good sign!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“Harrison's, a must do for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family was visiting Stowe, VT for the first time and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend here. We ate out every meal for several days and Harrison's was top on our list for dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals, including a 19 and 16 year old. We shared the PEI mussels and boneless wings. The pecan encrusted tuna was done perfectly for each of our tastes and the slices were very thick. My husband and son are still raving about the lobster mac n' cheese and the steak tips. Although we don't normally eat dessert, we did share the frozen mocha cheesecake and are very glad we did; it was a great topper to the evening.
Everything was very good and the service was on point as well.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Randolph, New Jersey
“Lovely restaurant, but was not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I still take trip advisor seriously but sometimes places fall short of its ratings! Service was great and I think what I ordered was good but not great! My husband is a bit of a food snob and he just thought it was ok and my kids didn't like anything they ordered
Again pretty. Place but food was not worthy of a number one rating in the town

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere