“what a beautiful time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 41 things to do in Stowe
Woburn ma
“what a beautiful time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

we had out first sleigh ride at Gentle Giants a few days ago. It was the most sweet & lovely ride you could imagine. The trainer was a kind man who had a very special relationship with our horse "Jack". Such nice people run this place, very nice this to experience. Would go back in a flash!

Visited April 2011

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Way Overpriced!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband and I went on a sleigh ride over the President's Day weekend. They charged us $64 and they took us out for 17 minutes!!!!! This was not worth the money. We could have walked the REC path and saw exactly the same scenery! The timing could easily be extended, even if they do the trail twice...at least you would feel like you were getting your money's worth. We also stayed in the area and passed several times and they were never busy. I guess some people were smarter than us!

Visited February 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Jingle Bells the song in real life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I love horses and going on a sleigh ride was definitely on my list of things to do. Since GG only does this and has a broad range of times for private rides, my boyfriend and I chose to go here. My boyfriend wasn't as excited as I was for the ride, but I dragged him along anyway.

The sleigh ride was wonderful going through the woods and open fields with two horses pullying the cute red sleigh adorned with bells with the snow softly falling all around us. My boyfriend now cannot stop talking about what a good time he had and how much he enjoyed the experience. I was so happy that he loved the ride as much as I did.

When we got home, we told his parents about the ride and how much we enjoyed the ride and we all broke into Jingle Bells.

Visited January 2011
“Just another tourist attraction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Our driver was friendly but the owner who booked us in clearly has set ways about how to deal with tourists. The horses and sleighs were the real thing but the ride is short, maybe 20 minutes. The trail is worn and you are never out of hearing of the busy road to Stowe.
We will keep looking for an authentic sleigh ride experience but we won't be return to Gentle Giants.

Jackson, New Jersey
“Perfect, warm and friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We make a point of taking a carriage ride every time we are in Stowe. Rachelle is warm and friendly and shares lots of info during the ride. She is wonderful with children and always let's our son 'drive' up front with her. There is no rush and she let's the kids hang out after and give the horses a carrot and pet them. Far better than other carriage rides in the area. It is a little pricey but entirely worth it. The owners warmth and love of what she does shines thru. We have been riding with her for 4 years and can't wait to return next year.