“Very good food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flannel

Flannel
4000 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05672 (Formerly Norma's at Topnotch Resort & Spa)
802-253-6445
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flannel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 79 Restaurants in Stowe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mountain Road
Transit: Stowe Area Trolley, seasonal.
Description: Flannel is the signature restaurant at Topnotch Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vermont, a AAA Four Diamond Resort. Set before alluring mountain views, the patio-style restaurant beckons with a striking atmosphere, an inviting open kitchen, and an innovative menu featuring chic country cuisine created from locally grown organic provisions. The restaurant is adjacent to the resort’s new outdoor swimming pools and al fresco lounge area. With 65 seats inside and another 75 on an expansive terrace, Flannel sets a welcoming scene for astute diners who appreciate casual yet creative cuisine. The open kitchen is a defining touch, creating a captivating scene of culinary sights and sizzles for diners savoring the bounty of organic farms from throughout the state. High coffered ceilings and a tamped-down color scheme round out a contemporary setting. We focus our expertise on presenting creative dishes that express Flannel's new food attitude: vibrant, delicious and satisfying.
“Very good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went with family and we enjoy the food and service, was a little empty, but the food was great. We enjoy it, and we will come back on the next opportunity.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Good Enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm not sure if there is fine dining in these parts but this is close.

Some of the dishes although a bit creative and have nice presentation were a bit too salty. I also thought the sides overwhelm the main course which is quite small and so did not really fill me up.

The staff is professional and somewhat friendly. The ambiance is really nice and hopefully the new space will retain its old charm.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went there with my fiance Alex for his birthday. The service was really solicitous, courteous and warm. The food was very decadent, we had the French onion soup, chopped salad, beef short ribs, and of course mac and cheese and I have been craving it ever since. Love this restaurant and I'll definitely come back for my next

Visited March 2013
“Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Everything was great I just wasn't in love with my zucchini roll... It just wasn't my taste but we had the mushroom & crandberry & pasta appetizer that was to die for!!!!! My husbands was cooked to profection! The atmosphere, customer service and quality of food was well worth it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Excellent restaurant in Stowe, VT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service, very friendly staff. Reservations are a good idea. My husband & I went to Norma's after a long day of skiing and it was an excellent end to our wonderful day. We basically ordered appetizers for dinner & they were delicious! The beet salad, Cobb salad, crab cake & french onion soup were outstanding! We also split an order of mussels which were good, but my least favorite. The short ribs & chocolate silk pie were also excellent. Our waiter, Ryan did a super job! Excellent all around, would highly recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere