“For the Love of Dogs......................” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L J's Lodge

L J's Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stowe
L J's Lodge
You added L J's Lodge to your Saves list
2625 Waterbury Rd, Stowe, VT 05672   |
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Stowe
new york
“For the Love of Dogs......................”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

Our stay at L J's Lodge was very memorable,the homemade breakfests alone were 5 star,and the host's were dog lovers just like us. Our 3,Abbey,Bella,Chuckie , were comfortable and safe in their clean room...........I recommend this dog friendly bed&breakfest anyday,and look forward to another stay,one day..................thanks for the great memories..............

• Liked — they welcomed pets, and were pet owners/lovers themselves
  • Disliked — it was not to far from the main road,made me a little nervous,so a leash is a must!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank seamaine

woodbridge, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2007

We were at LJ's (named for one of the owners' dogs) on the coldest night in Vermont this winter so far---3/5, and the room was fresh, clean, warm. The hosts were friendly and gave us great gourmet breakfasts-- the best scones I ever tasted---

LJ's is very pet friendly- "Star" is the resident pooch-- our dog Albert was entertained too!

we'll be back in the summer I hope for kayaking, hiking, tennis, riding and biking!

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank CtAlbert
pennsauken, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

I discovered how pricey Stowe, VT was when my sister-in-law suddenly decided to have her wedding at the Trapp Lodge in July. It is not unusual to shell out $200 plus a night for decent accomodations. Plus, to my dismay, there were few places that accepted large dogs. Luckily I found LJ's for about $80 a night (including pet fee). This place takes B&B coziness and crosses it with a motel private suite. The owners love dogs and have thoughtful touches to make traveling with your pooch a bit easier. For example, they have a large fenced off area to walk your dog, a water dish and a large bed for fido in your suite, and they have free pet accomodations while you are away policy. The last was especially useful when we left our dog there to go to the wedding. The free breakfast in the morning was the largest breakfast I have ever seen served at a hotel. There were quiches or frenchtoast, muffins, blueberry cobbler, fruit, cereal, bagels, several types of breads, juices, and cofee. Their cafe also served lunch. The prices for lunch were the cheapest I found in Stowe and it was so GOOD. There were even vegeterian dishes offered as well. The decor is not as aestically pleasing as the Trapp Lodge but LJ's rooms are as functional as the highest tier rooms at the Trapp Lodge. That is LJ's has AC, microwave, refrigerator, and dishes in their suites. The rooms are clean. The only caution I would give is that the showers have narrow openings. I personally think the shower's coma shape floor plan to be fascinating but if you are overweight it might be a tight squeeze initially to get it. You can't get better value for your $ anywhere else in Stowe.

10 Thank greenvial
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stowe
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Commodores Inn
#14 of 25 in Stowe
4.0 of 5 stars 366 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterbury - Stowe

Been to L J's Lodge? Share your experiences!