“Delicious meal in a peaceful setting” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
NJ
“Delicious meal in a peaceful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

After reading some reviews, we decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Hob Nob. We were seated near the window and had a pleasant view of the outdoors - though trees blocked the view of the mountains. The service was attentive and friendly (though our waitress was a little over-the-top in her cheerful and squeaky delivery). I had a 6 oz filet mignon with grilled vegetables and mashed potatoes. The filet was tender, juicy, and flavorful. I did not opt for any of the toppings (various flavored butters for $3). My husband had pork. We got complimentary fresh bread and butter. I also had a house salad (not included with the entree) with a tasty, maple vinaigrette. I had a glass of Hob Nob Pinot Noir which was the perfect accompaniment to my meal. We did not have dessert but the options looked good.Our bill for 2 people was $78. My only little gripe was that it seemed a little petty to charge $3 for the entree topping when the entrees were already fairly pricey. Nevertheless, I would definitely return to this restaurant in the future.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Laingsburg, Michigan, United States
“Room and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The room's were somewhat surprising. I had gone in expecting the usual hotel rooms, and came to find a wide spacious room with two beds and an old TV but that didnt matter we were too busy sight seeing. We had a balcony and the grounds of this Inn was beautiful and gorgous. THere were flowers, ponds, and a pool. When you walked down to breakfast you got to see a breathtaking view of the Mountains. The beds were a little hard for my immediate liking but it was a nice night's sleep. I do recomend this quaint and homely Inn is quiet and nice.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Best Meal in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been here year after year and the food here is amazing. The steaks are perfect and the service is amazing! It is a quiet environment that is also child friendly. Rustic ambiance created quite the family experience. I will continue to indulge here every time I come back.

• Visited July 2012
Amherst, New Hampshire
“The BEST steak in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Probably the best steak I have ever had. Certainly the best in Stowe, VT, and I have had many at several of the Stowe restaurants. Cooked to perfection, tender, juicy, and mouth watering. They're only open Thursday through Saturday, so if you plan on eating steak in Stowe, plan to eat it here on one of these nights. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited June 2012
montreal
“Charming with a touch of rustic. Wonderful, hand-cut filet mignon.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I decided, based on other reviews on tripadvisor, to try the Hob Nob. We arrived a little early for dinner on a Friday night (it's quiet until sunset), so we were seated near the fireplace. It was a damp day, so the wood fire was a treat.

We both started with the french onion soup, which was lovely and welcome on this early spring evening, and our main course was the small (6oz) filet mignon, which were cooked exactly to order. The side we selected was the "twice baked" potato, which was good but more like a seasoned mash.

We had a lovely sonoma cabernet sauvignon with dinner, which was very full bodied. We don't drink much American wine, but the selection was more than acceptable.

• Visited March 2012