“Returned for Another Week in the Woods” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Home Farm Cottages

The Home Farm Cottages
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stowe
The Home Farm Cottages
You added The Home Farm Cottages to your Saves list
1386 Pucker St., Stowe, VT   |
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Stowe
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Returned for Another Week in the Woods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

2 years ago my family and I went to Home Farms in Vermont, and we came back. We came back because we wanted a calm restful week in the woods. We were put in the same cabin. The place hasn't changed much. It is still well maintained. I love the washer and dryer.

There are lots of things to do here in Stowe and in the surrounding area. I love being so close to the Shaws because even though we are eating out for most of our meals I still like the idea that I can pick up something quick without a big production. There is an indoor pool/exercise facility called "The Swimmng Hole" passses are 18 dollars per person for the day. "The Swimming Hole" is about 1.5 miles away, is very clean and has an olympic sized swimming pool along with a kiddie play area and exercise facility. Inside the villiage of Stowe near the schools there is a skating rink that is open from the end of October till early April with very reasonable rates. Inside the villiage there are a number of resturants.

In my last reivew I said that the nearest hospital is 20 miles away in Barre, turns out I was wrong, there is a closer hospital, about 10 miles away that has 25 beds in Morrisville, but who goes on vacation for medical care?

Room Tip: Spruce is the first cabin and it is handicapped accessible.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

We stayed in Spruce which is the first cabin on the property, and is the handicapped accessible unit. In Spruce there isn't a breakfast bar or a bathtub. Instead we had a very small table with 2 chairs that did not match. The bathroom is HUGE, but the shower is small as there is a shower chair built in. The rest of the cabin was beautiful. There are a few things that we were surprised with once we checked in. The cabin has free wireless Internet that can be used anywhere on the property. Each cabin has a grill, The grill is outside your back door and can easily fit a lot of food. Even in the winter I found myself grilling. Each unit has a washer and a dryer, a little noisy, but it gets the job done.

On site there is a hot tub that is open year round. The hot tub is very nice and is covered, so you can use it even if it is snowing. There is a game room within the barn. The game room has a fooseball table, ping pong, a putting practice green, darts, and a few other games. There is a lot of grass area outside in front of the cabins and in the back.

My husband and I traveled with our infant daughter, so it was difficult with her nap and early bed time. I would not recommend this cottage for people with very small children. I would recommend it for people of children 5-10 as it has an on site game room, so you can let the children have some freedom without having to worry.
The cottage is about a half a mile away from Shaws (grocery store) and nothing else is within walking distance. The village of Stowe is about 2 miles away and has everything from ice skating, movies, skiing, restaurants, and art galleries.

We enjoyed our week in the woods, because we wanted a week in the woods. We were 40 minutes from Barre/Montpelier, (nearest hospital, nearest big box locations, more food choices) 45 minutes away from St. Johnsbury(planetarium and Maple Grove store/museum, small hospital North East Kingdom farming) and a little more than an hour from Burlington (Major medical Center, museums, ferry to NY, big box stores, night life) . If you want to be in the woods, but still be near activities stay on the other side of Stowe or in Waterbury. If you want to ski for a week stay closer to the ski areas which are still within Stowe, but are 20 minutes away. Stowe is about 30 square miles so there is a huge difference between one end of town and the other in terms of travel time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Weehawken, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

Good value for what we paid. The units are a little small but perfect for 2 people maybe 3. We crammed 4 per unit but still had a good time. There is a queen sized bed and a futon. I slept on the bed which wasn't bad, but supposedly the futon was horribly uncomfortable. The cottages are in a great location. About 10 mins away from Stowe Mt. The kitchen is small but adequate for quick meals, but lets face facts you're on vacation...who wants to cook meals. Overall I would definately return if I was working with a limited budget.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Home Farm Cottages? Share your experiences!