“Great Seafood Platter” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Carlisle
“Great Seafood Platter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Gracie's was just round the corner from our hotel and was recommended by our host. We where not dissapointed. We both had fried dishes mind was a seafood platter of Scallops, Shrimps and Haddock with homemade chips and my wife had Haddock and chips they where both fantastic.
The staff are a usual in New England very friendly and attentive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Jersey
“Something for everyone and service with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My extended family and I -- party of 8 -- enjoyed our dinner at Gracie's tonight. We were warmly welcomed and seated immediately even without calling ahead. The restaurant is cozy and comfortable. Our waitress took our drink orders and went over the specials. The menu had plenty of options available so even our pickiest and special requesters had multiple choices. We have spent quite a bit of money on meals this weekend in Stowe (not many affordable options around town) and haven't been highly impressed with the quality of the food. GRACIE'S is the exception! Portions were more than adequate and prices were not unreasonable. I had the mushroom risotto with salad and cider vinaigrette. Other dishes ordered were shepherd's pie, pecan crusted halibut, pulled pork, bacon cheddar burger, and chicken sandwich. No complaints from anyone...only the sound of people enjoying dinner! We will definitely return when we visit Stowe again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very cosy family resteraunt.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We came here with out two small children and we were very impressed. There is a great selection on the menu and on the kids menu. Food was really good comfort food. It's a lovely cosy family place which I imagine gets very busy in the winter. You might need to call ahead, by 6:30 it was full.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“My wife and kids love it; I think its perfectly okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It has outdoor seating; that's a plus, particularly as it can get loud inside. The décor is cute; basically wall to wall dog-themed bric a brac. There's a large selection of standard dishes on the menu, so all family members can find something. For the life of me, I cannot remember any food I've eaten during my 4 times there. That means it wasn't awful ... but it also wasn't particularly memorable. It's a place you'd order chicken, a burger or salmon ... but not a steak. Oh, wait, I just remembered. I got jambalaya. See, I told, you: diverse. Anyway, it was okay; the rice was a tad overcooked, but it was spicy and the shrimp were big.

Visited August 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Usually good, but this time Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have been here a 5 or 6 times and more or less enjoy the dog-themed décor. All in all is average to above average but good quality food. The service is attentive, the portions are generous, great beer selection. BUT this last visit my husband had the special Chicken Wellington, with chunks of apple, chicken, and sauce baked inside a flakey dough. OMG, it was fabulous!! Three ladies at the table next to us ALL had this dish and raved! With good reason. I was jealous, but I have to say my NY strip angus steak was done to perfection, and not over-seasoned, and I loved every bite! The dipping sauce was supposed to be a spicy asian sauce, but I would say it wasn't spicy at all...still very good though.

• Visited August 2013