“Meh.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

They only accept cash or check, which is kind of annoying for a traveler, they do offer an ATM to get cash, however they charge a $2.50 ATM fee (which other restaurants in the area refund you on, if you have to mac money). Our waitress was not very nice and barely came around. I don't think it helps that there is any organization to this place, the waitresses all seem to have to run every aspect of the restaurant (hostessing, cashier, smoothie maker) and they don't seem to have decent set areas (our particular waitress not only had our corner of the restaurant but the other side of the place as well, something that other waitresses had to deal with as well). Food was decent but not great. It's okay.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Just an unfriendly feeling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

They only accept cash or a check. On my last visit, which featured burned eggs that I should have had re-cooked, I paid with a check.

I guess I forgot to fill in the written amount line. However they deposited it and it was paid by my bank.

This morning I went in to have breakfast and as soon as I sat down, my waitress appeared with a copy of my check in hand and chided me for not writing my phone number on the check and forgetting to properly full out the check.
How rude!
Of course I asked for the owner and was told she wasn't there. So I asked when would she be in. They said maybe on the weekend.

Of course, with a copy of my check floating around the restaurant for any employee to see it looks like its time to change my bank account.

Thank you dumb and irresponsible management/owner

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Where the locals have breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A simple Vermont country restaurant serving breakfast and lunch only, but with some of the best prepared food you can find. Counter and booth service, and while there may be a local paper left as a courtesy, you won't need to kill time reading it since service is quick and efficient and the full breakfast and lunch choices come in the same way. When local residents of Stowe don't fix their own breakfasts, McCarthey's is where they come, and I have also had some of the best BLT's for lunch that you can imagine.
A place to actually relax and eat good food in a great country village atmosphere. Within easy walking distance of downtown Stowe village.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The best corned beef hash ever - made fresh at the restaurant. Cheerful atmosphere, friendly waitstaff.

Visited October 2013
Westford, Massachusetts, United States
“Awesome Breakfast!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I have visited Stowe many many times. I am sad to say that this year was the first time we visited McCarthy's for breakfast. The food was hot and delicious, and the service was exceptional. I ordered the strawberry and granola pancakes and I'm still dreaming about them. From this point on, we will definitely be visiting McCarthy's for breakfast during every trip to Stowe.

Visited September 2013