“Overpriced and mediocre” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto/Ottawa
“Overpriced and mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Took our family of 4 there for dinner this week. Wish I had checked trip advisor first.
We sat at a habachi station because we thought it would be cool to show our kids how they cook the food in front of you. Our chef seemed like a total amateur and kept dropping the utensils when he threw them in the air.
My kids had rice with their meals (fried rice), which was alright, and I ordered the noodles, which were absolutely awful. Stiff, tasteless, luke warm. Just awful. Totally inauthentic. My husband had an appetizer salad and one roll of sushi. I had a standard habachi meal, and our girls had kids meals. Total for this very mediocre meal: $80. What a rip. Would NOT go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Montreal
“Entertaining and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The food was fantastic! I had filet mignon and scallops which just melted in my mouth.

Our chef was very funny. I know that they are following a script and they perfom the same tricks for each group, but it was thoroughly entertaining.

Well worth the visit.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“I was not expecting this :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I sat at the habachi table. The menu had many different habachi options, which consisted of steak(filet and ny), lobster, chicken, salmon, scallops, shrimp, sea bass, duck, pork loin, and a vegetarian option which was with tofu. The three sauces that were given to me, were shrimp sauce which was a basic spicy mayo, ginger suace which was excellent and curry sauce which was amazing. I was also given a choice of salad or soup, and rice or soba noodles. The only things that were above satisfactory was the filet and the rice. If you want food in stowe go to cactus cafe, sunset grill, or pie in the sky. Those places are a lot better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Andover, Massachusetts
“Quite possibly the worst food; dining experience EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

STAY AWAY!! I had pad tai that I nearly choked to death on. No kidding. The pad tai was NOT pad tai. The noodles were thick and hard, drenched in a greasy red sauce. It was simply not edible. My husband ordered sushi that never arrived and we considered it a blessing. He ordered a fish dish that was also awful. The atmosphere is loud and rowdy. In the middle of choking down a long, hard noodle, a staff of the restaurant banged a huge drum hanging overhead and we nearly had heart attacks. We have dined all over Stowe and the world. This restaurant was the worst. To add insult to injury, our bill was high, as the "food" is expensive. Kobe "restaurant" did not deserve a penny and we felt upset and ripped off. Stay away from this place. There are many other wonderful restaurants in Stowe that deserve your patronage.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“what kind of resto is this anyway?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I honestly cannot tell what kind of restaurant this is - they have thai food- japanese steak house-no kobe beef on the menu and modern top ten playing on the radio. Its sort of a Beni Hana show with the chef preparing the meat at your table - the food was adequate but the meat generally bland, the preparation show was fun though. Do not order anything thai - it was bland and horrible.
The decor is nice - like i said it seems to suffer from trying to be too many things and is not very successful at any of them.

Visited August 2012