“So friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 25 Stowe B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“So friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We called last minute having never stayed before and got a dog friendly room. I skied but my wife doesn't and I accidentally took the car keys with me as I skied with a friend. This left my wife and dog stranded in the room and unable to check out on time. The hosts completely and graciously accommodated them until I got back after four allowing them to stay dog, bags, and wife in the room until I arrived. We were very embarrassed by our mistake, but the hosts were just fantastic to us.

So, great price, clean room with nice view and comfortable bed all on the shuttle and walking path and great, gracious hosts.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed in one of the motel rooms, and it was exactly what I expected for such a low price. A little shabby, but was clean, the room was large and roomy, and having a fridge and microwave in your room for a ski weekend is always a bonus. The Inn is on the mountain side of Stowe but still super close to shopping and dining. Really the only complaint would be that the shower curtains were overdue for a change. Overall we were very pleased.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here while riding at Stowe & Sugarbush. I was solo, but my room had two dbls and a twin sized bed, all for under $100 a night over the weekend; so for a group, this would be a steal. I stayed in one of the motel units in the back, which was nice and quiet, not that anyplace along the access road is real noisy. The room was nothing special; I'm guessing the place was built back in the 50s, judging from the fact it shared many features with the house my grandfather built. This was quaint, but also reflected 60+ years of wear and tear; not dirty, but not luxurious. It is what it is, a total steal for Stowe; I would easily stay here again, but I wouldn't try to impress a woman with it. Another perk is it's location, directly next to Piecasso which makes great food and serves some awesome local brews; try anything by Hill Farmstead or Lawsons and/or the Heady Topper. Super close to the mountain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is not a fancy place, but the rooms are neat, tidy, and clean. The location is great, midway between the mountain and the village with many good restaurants within walking distance. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the main house, and newer motel type units behind the main house that can accommo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at the Riverside Inn during our road trip around America and we both agree that this place was the best place we stayed in the whole two months. Julian and Kay are just amazing (always there to offer advice and help in any way they can) and make you feel so welcome in their lovely home. The rooms are great, location perfect and it is incredible value for money in Stowe. We really could not recommend this place enough and we cannot wait for our return trip. Julian and Kay have nailed it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Reviews have to be relative while writing, and you always compare the thing to review amongst a lot of it's kind and quite promptly this place sits right at the top when it comes to it's "Value for it's Price" parameter.Location, service, cleanness and and the warmth of the welcoming gesture, you think of these parameters and they stand out so very much for each of those that it won't take you really much time to attribute your superlatives to them, and that too at such an outstandingly competitive price at a place where lodging gets costlier than Times Square during autumn,

My strong strong recommendations for this place.

Room Tip: You don't have to be fazed if you get the Inn's Old House's accommodation and are not g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wirral, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Initially, we were just travelling thru but, after the first night the karma of the place got to us and we stayed another three nights!

Julian & Kay couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful and contributed greatly to our enjoyment of Stowe and it's surrondings.

We were there in late September in glorious weather which, of course, helped but The Riverside Inn is a place whichcompletely trumps our "pass this way once, never return" travelling rule!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!