“very accomodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Stowe
Cornish, Maine, United States
“very accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

was there with my soccer team on June 14-16, 2013. This is our third year coming back even though it is not the most convenient location to where we play, but the staff is accommodating, the facilities are very good, and the rooms are a good value for the price. Reviewer Penny K was not even close to accurate in her description of her problem with noise in the hall ways, I was there. The hotel is clean, indoor and outdoor pool areas and deck are a great place to unwind after a long day, and the restaurant and sports bar on the premises are very convenient. Big screen tv in the lobby is an added plus for groups such as ours that want to spend time together.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Scarborough, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a soccer tournament and were booked here by our club. We had an easy late night checkin and found the room adequate in size and clean. The fridge in the room was the perfect size. The decor is a bit dated but there are no appreciable odors or obvious wear. My only complaint with the room was the awkward shower unit with a rounded bottom and poor water pressure. It may have been the low flow shower head, or something out of their control. The staff was very accommodating of our large group taking over the lobby area at times and rearranging furniture as long as it was returned to its place. They also allowed us to have a big cookout in the rear parking lot, which was great. I would recommend the hotel for those seeking decent accommodations and a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013
commodores, Owner at Commodores Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that that your group enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry that your water pressure was low. This should not be a problem. I would love to know which room it was so that we can fix it immediately. I am glad that over all the room was comfortable for you. Sorry that you felt the shower unit was a bit awkward. We do plan to update any out dated areas as soon as the economy allows us to. The best we do now is to keep the rooms clean and fresh. We have been painting and updating some of the wall paper in the past couple of years and we have also put new carpet in many of the public areas. We are working on updates a little at a time.

Thanks for choosing the Commodores Inn.

Mahwah Nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Reserved two rooms for Thursday and Friday June 13th and 14th for four adults and two young children. Requested a quiet area upon making reservation. Staff during the day incredibly helpful and nice. Friday night in the room next door were four unchaperoned girls for a lacrosse tournament. The running up and down the hallways and screaming was overwhelming. It began at 9:00 pm and continued until 11:15 pm. Their coach and some parents remained in the front lounge area. After numerous requests to the parents in the lounge from three adults to no avail we requested the hotel night staff to ask for some quiet. Nothing was done. The girls adjourned to their room at 11:05 pm with the party continuing til almost midnight. No adults were in the room for the night nor did we hear anyone checking on them. In anycase, our little ones only dozed that night and were up at 5:00 am. The Hotel did not acknowledge in anyway the following morning what had transpired the prior evening. So if you don't mind lots of running up and down hallways and the screaming, you will love your stay.

Room Tip: We were told on making reservation that this was a quiet area....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
commodores, Owner at Commodores Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review. They are always helpful for us to make sure that we are giving our guests the best possible experience.
Most of all I want to apologize for the noise which disturbed you and your family during your stay at the Commodores Inn on Friday night. Please be assured that we do not condone this behavior. I am sorry that the parents and coaches of this team did not step up to assist you in quieting them down.
I am especially sorry that the night staff was not helpful in rectifying the situation. We just had a meeting at which I reminded them about when there is a disturbance such as this that they need to do everything in their power to rectify the situation. If they cannot they must call myself or my husband to come and assist if need be. Usually we are the first to know about any problems but unfortunately this is the first that I have heard of this whole situation.
Thank you for choosing the Commodores Inn. We do hope to see you again someday and we will make sure that your stay is very quiet.
Rockville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Large, clean rooms with good seating and sleeping. Very friendly and fun staff. Paul at the bar is delightful and will keep you laughing. If you're there on Monday or Wednesday during the summer, be sure to take in the model yacht races on the pond behind the inn. These guys build and race their own sail powered yachts and it is a fun hour while you relax. The lobby and breakfast (continental)nareas are spacious and inviting with current newspapers and magazines and you can also catch the latest news. At the boat races root for Bruce the owner . . . but know that he is racing on his home pond and has the advantage. He's friendly and will appreciate your cheering even if he doesn't take the win!!

Room Tip: The quiet side is off the North Parking lot area, but the entire inn is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had a great stay at the Commodores Inn. Staff is very friendly and courteous. If we needed anything (extra towels for example) we got them right away. The staff answered any question from sites to visit to places to eat. Steve, the bartender in the lounge welcomed us like family the two times we had dinner there and kept up the conversation. He even reccommened a mechanic to fix a problem I was having with my truck. The food at the lounge is great. Bobby "the hippie" cook makes a mean steak, ribs, and fish & chips. The place may not be a five star hotel, but they make up for that with their customer service and the way they make you feel a part of their family. My wife and I will be staying there whenever we make a trip to the green mountain state of Vermont!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Elgin, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Commodores Inn for just one night on 19th April 2013 during our honeymoon. The room and facilities were fine, but I was very disappointed with the customer service.

The reason is because they ruined a pair of my hiking shoes and didn't offer a penny in the way of compensation.

I had handed them in to reception as they were soaking wet from a walk through snow. I was assured that they would be dried and ready for collection the following morning. When I came to collect them, I saw that the dryer they had been through had completely melted the sole off from one, and the other was badly misshapen with the sole also partially melted.

They did not inform me of this and I had to find out myself, and as I say they refused to take any responsibility for what had happened. It was very annoying as I needed a pair of hiking shoes for my holiday.

Room Tip: Don't ask them to dry your wet shoes!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
commodores, Owner at Commodores Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First I would like to say congratulations on your marriage. I am sorry that you felt that the service was poor. We really appreciate your feedback because we expect that our staff give our guests the best service possible.
We do not have a laundry service normally in the hotel but we are always very willing to dry any wet clothing if people request that we do so.
My understanding is that our girl at the front desk was very willing to dry your shoes but explained that she wasn't sure how they would do in our commercial driers. She indicated that you had responded that it would be fine to go ahead and dry them anyways. She said she set the temperature as low as possible. I do apologize that the soles melted and the shoes were deformed. That is definitely very unfortunate especially as you needed them for your vacation.
Thank you for choosing the Commodores Inn.
Kingston, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I needed a hotel in the area and I was travelling with my dog, so this was the only option. The room was fine - not fancy but not a wreck. The door was a little chewed on the bottom from a particularly active previous visitor. Didn't bother me. My dog loved jumping from one bed to the other - just like a kid. Speaking of which... I could see that kids would love this place, and the price was right - got a good deal on one of the bargain-hunting websites. There was a pool and a separate area for adult spas, a game room, and a great breakfast buffet. (The buffet is not included in the price of the room. There is a complimentary coffee bar, but when I asked about it at the front desk, I was pointed to the buffet, not the free coffee & donuts. That's my only quibble. I think the desk clerk should have pointed out both to me. I only saw the free one as I was leaving the hotel.) Also, a very stern no-smoking policy ($100 fine if you violate it) which is fine with me. But the desk clerk was standing outside smoking a cigarette when I arrived (around 9:30 pm) and I definitely smelled smoke in my room. All in all, not a place I would return to on my own or with an adult companion, but just right if you need a safe, clean place for you and your furry ones.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Commodores Inn? Share your experiences!