“Great Escape...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Stowe
Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Escape...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just returned from our (now) annual anniversary get away. My family is from Vermont and I cannot get enough of the glorious mountains, the serenity et al. We like to stay in the same room with a view when we visit and the location is perfect for us. Of course, Stowe is an amazing place with lots of great restaurants and things to do! It is actually a perfect four seasons destination!
Yes, it is "very clean" but I expect that!
What I really enjoy is, after a day of visiting our favorite haunts, we love hanging out in our spacious "suite". I could actually prepre a meal in the tidy kitchenette ( if I wanted to).
Next year is our 50th and yes, we shall return!

Sally & Jerry Koen
Beverly, MA

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

stowemotel, Owner at Stowe Motel & Snowdrift, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for rating us a 5 out of 5 and returning to the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift for your anniversary get away. We really appreciate your wonderful comments about us and the Stowe area. Thank you again for recommending us on Trip Advisor!

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place is a gem! It is in the top five of the CLEANEST places I've ever been, far surpassing many "luxury" hotels I've stayed in. It feels kind of retro (in a very cool way) but not at all dated-- everything on the property and in the room was modern and up to date. And everything was spotless and well maintained. The rate was reasonable, the room was comfortable, and the staff was wonderful. We arrived very late, and the staff allowed us to check out at a much later time that was scheduled, affording us the much needed rest. I really wish we were in Stowe for more than the day, because I would have gladly spent my entire vacation there to take advantage of the pool, jacuzzi, bikes, and other amenities. Did I mention how clean everything was? I am not a skier, but I will definitely go back in the off season the next time I am in Vermont!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WOW! We are so grateful for your remarks. Thank you for great review and for your wonderful comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our property. We really appreciate you sharing your positive experience with Trip Advisor.
Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were here in mid-May, and stayed in the fireplace suite - it was immaculate - two bedrooms - with plenty of storage and closet space, one bath, a den area with a tv and fireplace, sliding doors out to a deck with a BBQ and deck chairs, a modern, spotless, well-equipped kitchen, and a lovely dinette area. Everything was spotlessly clean. Also, the grounds were lovely - there were outdoor dining tables and chairs, a nice pool that was open and heated, and a hot tub. This place is perfect for a family - for a week of skiing in the winter, or for enjoying the attractions that Vermont as to offer in the spring, summer, or fall. We look forward to returning. This is now our favorite place to stay in Stowe!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
stowemotel, Owner at Stowe Motel & Snowdrift, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I can't thank you enough for posting such a wonderful review on our property! We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer and take pride in providing you with a clean, comfortable and friendly stay at our hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is really sweet motel. Very adorable and green place. Staff is nice and helpful. We had value room which was kind of old but for the price it was ok. Breakfast was included. You can enjoy jacuzzi, two swimming pools, dvd player, bikes, free tea and coffee. What I really like were many free samples at the reception. Farmer's market is just 10 min walking. Down town is 2 miles far away. Many restaurants around. Don't expect fancy hotel, but cozy motel in the countryside. Nice people, nice place, definitely will come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We are indeed just minutes from the the Farmer's Market and numerous restaurants. The economy value rooms are a little older than our other units, but very reasonable for the area. Your detailed feedback is very helpful and we appreciate the items that need improvement as well as the things we are doing right. Thanks again for recommending us!
Burlington, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The property and rooms at Stowe Motel are absolutely pristine. Rooms are so clean. The property is well maintained. There is a swimming pool, free bikes to use, and horseshoes. Also a hot tub. They offer a free breakfast, and the rates are reasonable. I would stay here again any day. Some rooms even have fire places. It's a great place for families. I cannot express how clean the rooms are.

Room Tip: They have a large selection of rooms to fit any need. Call and check it out.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for rating us a 5 out of 5! We really appreciate your wonderful comments and we are really pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast as well as our other amenities. Thank you again for recommending us on Trip Advisor!
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Have been coming for about 20 years now. Great place to stay & friendly staff. Close to places to eat and shop. Parking is easy & use of free mountain bikes for the rec path is great for when guests come with us. The path is located very close. Easy way downtown. Michelle, Rich & Del are great staff and housekeeping is always very friendly also. See you in June 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
stowemotel, Manager at Stowe Motel & Snowdrift, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
It is wonderful to hear such a glowing review from a guest who has stayed with us 20 years, thank you so much! We are fortunately to have so many wonderful guests like yourself that return to the Stowe Motel & Snowdrift. We glad that you are able to enjoy the nearby Stowe Recreation Path. It's a refreshing way to start your day, whether biking or walking or even snowshoe in the winter. Thank you for noting our friendly staff as well. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your return in June.
St Lazare, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I happened to come across the Snowdrift by accident one year when I was coming to Stowe for their annual USDAA Agility Competition. It wasn't one of the recommended hotels on their list, but I took a chance and booked for the weekend. WHAT A JEM!! Lovely people, clean, great amenities, SUPER breakfast. Just a wonderful stay. I returned the next year, and it was just as great, people just as friendly, took a morning stroll down the bike path with my dogs and coffee .. SOOOO relaxing. Have just booked for my third year in a row and my only regret is that I can't stay longer. I don't think you can beat it!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have sliding doors onto the back grass area, there are also others that are in old...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
stowemotel, Owner at Stowe Motel & Snowdrift, responded to this review, May 14, 2013

Been to Stowe Motel & Snowdrift? Share your experiences!