“Great breakfast -- attentive and friendly server” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 78 Restaurants in Stowe
Cuisines: American
Comox, Canada
“Great breakfast -- attentive and friendly server”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We made a one-night stop at the Golden Eagle (see separate review) on our way from the Maritimes to Ontario. Had a great breakfast, with fast friendly service. Then we were on our way home... but will be back.

Visited June 2012

Barrie, Canada
“Great Vermont Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We always enjoy our morning breakfast over pancakes and coffee..

Visited September 2011
Winooski, Vermont, United States
“Atrocious service, staff and hot as Iraq”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I showed up for brunch at 10:30am and were greeted by the host Peter. I say greeted but I should say scolded. He was snide and sweating and was generally disagreeable. Picture Mr. Bumble from Oliver Twist, "More??? We took our seat and waited 10 minutes to get coffee, 10 minutes after that I had yet to get to order a juice or anything else, service was nonexistent. The entire staff was sweating through their shirts and seemed disorganized, it was Africa hot inside the café, and no waiters or the host/angry walrus showed any attention to us attempting to garner their attention.
After 20 minutes of watching the staff unsuccessfully pursue their profession, I threw down money for the coffee and departed through the patio. The patio customers looked as upset as I was, though potentially less exposed to the apathy of the employees. Colonial cafe might have good food, but I wouldn't know because the workers there made me feel like a peasant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Simple and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Golden Eagle Resort and headed to the Colonial Cafe for breakfast. I ordered the Eggs Mansfield and my husband ordered the blueberry pancakes. Both were equally delicious. The portions were perfect and the food was light and homemade - not your usual greasy breakfast fare. The service was great, the juice tasted fresh squeezed, and our orders came out very fast. We both left pleasantly full to start our day.

Visited February 2012
CT
“Consistently Great Food at Great Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My family and I have been going to the Colonial Cafe for as long as it's been there. I've never had a bad breakfast. They have several full breakfasts that run about $7.50 a piece and include giant portions, coffee, and juice. They have a different muffin each day and often have Maple Oatmeal toast. Ala carte dining is also available. One of their specialties is Eggs Mansfield - it's like Eggs Benedict, but with a Cabot Cheese sauce. If you go, don't miss it!

• Visited August 2011