“Good burger” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fast Food
Ardsley, NY
“Good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Lovely day to sit outside, with a good cold beer and a decent burger!

Visited April 2012

64% Recommend
Montpelier, Vermont
“Great veggie burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is a little greasy spoon on Mountain road with a cool vibe and a easy going environment. Great burgers, fries and onion rings. Little pricey for what you get, but you should'nt be eating this stuff too often anyway or you'll have diabetes soon.

Visited March 2012
Stowe, Vermont
“Best burger and fries in Stowe, VT - Grab a beer too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have a "rule" that I never recommend places to my customers at Stowe Meadows Lodge unless I've been there myself (at least once). I have been suggesting Blue Donkey (but not really recommending) based largely on my husband's feedback that this place has the best burger in town. I just hadn't gone in myself......

Saturday was "long run" day as I train for a marathon. After my 13 mile run, I was driving home and passed Blue Donkey.....then quickly made a u-turn. This was my day to go for the full deal....burger AND fries. YUM! I had very, very high expectations and Blue Donkey totally delivered!

I liked this place from the start....no pomp and circumstance here....just great food and service right from the start. Maybe I was just starving, but I don't think so.

Gotta love that the counter guy/gal can pour you a nice cold draft beer to drink while you order and are waiting for your food to be prepared. I looked over the menu, printed on a 3x8 paper flyer. I went for the Classic Burger....lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, mustard, cheese....and avocado. Fries with that? YES please!

While I waited, I chatted with the manager, learned the story of the "Blue Donkey" and learned about the upcoming expansion plan to add more seating and maybe an expanded bar. Cool!

Back to the burger.....WOW!. Perfectly buttered and toasted bun, great flavor, amazing fries. Can't wait to go back to try more. While I was waiting someone ordered a pulled pork sandwich that looked simply amazing. The manager also looked over the orders from the kitchen before they were served and sent back slaw that didn't look fantastic to replace it with a great batch. That is customer service even before the customer receives their order.

Yes, I'll recommend Blue Donkey and I can't wait to go back (and I don't have to wait for another long run to do it!). Sadly, they are really geared toward the lunch crowd as closing time is 8:00pm. But, with the expansion, perhaps dinner will be on the menu.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Incredibly satisfying burgers & fries!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

Today we had the southwest burger (pepper jack cheese, onions, mushrooms, salsa & guacamole) & fries for a take out lunch. Cost for 2 burgers, 1 order fries & 2 sodas was $28 which seems a bit pricey until you take a bite! It was so perfectly satisfying & delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Best Burger in Stowe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

The Blue Donkey is an order at the counter and they bring you the food restaurant. It was under renovation when we were there so the seating is limited but still enough for 25 people in the dining room. The burgers were big (8 oz) and very good. There were several predetermined burger combinations but you could also build your own with the toppings that they had. The lunch menu is basically burgers, pulled pork, and chicken fingers. The pulled pork was also very good. Their fresh cut fries and curly fries were good and don't forget to try the donkey chips.

• Visited January 2012