“Decent hot dog, but overpriced.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Diner
Cincinnati, OH
“Decent hot dog, but overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

They serve hot dogs in the classic New England style buns I grew up with. The hot dogs are typical and very average. The chili on the chili dog was bland and dry. The French fries were very good. The service was good and very friendly.

Massachusetts
“The thinnest hot dog I have ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I never knew anyone would have produced a hot dog with the diameter of a "dime". I read some other reviews and it is supposedly a locally produced hot dog. But these things are no thicker than my pinkie finger. Everything was pre-made. When I placed my order, the guy starts to make everything right in front of me, without grilling anything, and that includes the hot dog bun. The bun tasted stale and spongy, and not even close to being fresh. I wasn't expecting this to be fine dining, but this was the worst food experience I have had in Stowe.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Langhorne
“Awesome Chili Dog!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Great hotdogs,chili dogs are to die for! Don't forget a picture of your furry friend, as they are proudly displayed throughout the little strip mall location.

Visited March 2012
New Canaan, Connecticut
“For Hot Dogs - This place is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

My kids love Stowe Dogs. I don't know if its open at night but we swing by there after skiing for a post ski snack. The place is just a hot dog place but they do hot dogs really well. If you go, bring a picture of your dog to leave on the wall.

Visited November 2011
Stowe, Vermont
“Food was edible but over priced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

They were hot dogs, but we were expecting at least the ball park hot dogs not the basic Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs with a few extra toppings for alot of money.

It was $33.00 for four hot dogs, small fries and small onion rings with each a drink.

We could of gone to the Grocery store and purchased better hot dogs and dinner fixings for that price.

Visited August 2011
VermontPoodles, Owner at Stowe Dogs, responded to this review, January 21, 2012
There have been a couple of reviews regarding our prices and I really believe a person is entitled to his opinion, but I have to respond to this particular review because the reviewer's facts are misleading and just incorrrect. First, we serve McKenzie hotdogs, not Oscar Myer and we do so because Mckenzie is a Vermont product and it is nice to offer some local products. Second,your specific order should have cost just about $22, not $33 and if so, please come in and I will refund you the difference. As I said, everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just don't want visitors getting wrong information before decidiing to come in themselves. Thankfuly we have a loyal base of customers who like our food and frankly support us because of our affordability.