“Wish I could've stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars

Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1746 Mountain Rd, PO Box 369, Stowe, VT 05672   |
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Stowe
Memphis, Tennessee
“Wish I could've stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Headed back to BTV airport from NH White Mtns, & wanted to shorten my am drive, so I booked a single Saturday night in Stowe, about 45' from BTV. I'm not a snow skier, but the charm of small town Stowe & the lodging/dining packed Mtn Rd headed toward the lifts was undeniable. Despite the corneyish name, the Stoweflake Resort was a warm, welcoming, comfortable inn. Beautiful lobby of leather & hardwoods w/ fireplaces & several nooks for quiet reading or contemplation. Check-in was a bit slow, but accurate. I had booked a Priceline bid of $115, & my room was oversized w/ a gas fireplace. Although I was on the opposite side of the property from Mts. Stowe & Mansfield, I got adequate view time while at the outdoor hot tub. The jets were not working properly, but the temp was near perfect despite this. The indoor pool was too humid for the summer, & very loud to boot. While not marked as such, the large outdoor pool had an adults only feel w/ extra lounge chairs & a large adjacent bar. I'm also not a spa guy, but the promo pics of the place looked very upscale, & I saw a framed copy of a several-year old 'Travel & Leisure' ranking it in the top 40 in the US. The surrounding gardens are planted & tended wonderfully, & there's an executive 9 hole course on property & playing privs at Stowe CC just behind the resort. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even at a higher price.

• Stayed August 2013
StoweflakeGM, General Manager at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Tubman74,

I wanted to thank you for your review of our resort. I am happy to hear that you found many opportunities to enjoy the resort as well as the town of Stowe. I agree with you that there is quite a charm about Stowe and the marketplace that surrounds Stoweflake, even outside of snow sports.

We thank you for being understanding about the hot tub jets as they we are undergoing routine maintenance to ensure they are working properly for your return. Next time you visit, I hope you enjoy some relaxation time in the spa as well. I am sure that you will find the Bingham Falls Renewal Waterfall to be a neat, local touch to our Aqua Solarium.

I look forward to your return , this time maybe even for a long weekend getaway!

Safe Travels,

Sheri Baraw Smith
VP and General Manager

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Saint Albans, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We brought our 45 person management team to the Stoweflake for a day long retreat in early September. The staff did a great job accommodating us - super helpful. Breakfast and lunch were timely and tasty. Meeting room was comfortable and well equipped. The attrium where we ate was brilliant space to relax with wonderful windows. Had a bit of a veiled tour by doing a scavenger hunt via their activities staff and the indoor and outdoor pools looked very inviting and the fitness room was well equipped. Their large conference area, The Pinnacle Room, was getting new carpet so they seem to be investing in their facilities. Nice spot for a meeting like ours, and if I were from away visiting for the annual balloonfest, for foliage, for skiing, or for summer fun of cycling and golf, I'd be happy to stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Donutrun,

I am overwhelmed to hear that you had a great time at the event last week. Our staff had a fun time sending you off on a scavenger hunt to explore the Stoweflake grounds. I am glad that you found the retreat relaxing and comfortable as well. We find that taking time to re-connect with your co-workers on a retreat can help any organization to take a break and have fun!

We are also happy to announce that the Pinnacle Ballroom did get a new make-over including the new carpet, wall coverings, lighting, and wainscoting. Thank you for noticing our newest work while on your hunt.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, I will be sure to pass this information onto our employees here at Stoweflake. We hope you find time to visit us during events such as the Balloon Festival or just enjoying the town!

Best,

Sheri Baraw Smith
VP and General Manager
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This resort is in the best location in Stowe. Everything is accessible gas station, restaurants, pubs, small market area in walking distance or 5-10 mins drive. The rooms are spacious but not in a great condition. We asked for a crib and they gave us a spooky metal crib which you will be scared to put your baby in. I would recommend to try the Charlie's pub breakfast. Spa is just too expensive for the service they provide. Overall a decent hotel in a great location if you are planning to do a lot of outdoor activities to stay out whole day and enjoy the nightlife near the hotel.

Room Tip: Boom their spa king room if you don't mind spending more money.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charlemont, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful lodge. Great access to skiing. Friendly staff. Expensive but gorgeous. Stowe has the best skiing in northern New England and this lodge gives you the best access to the slopes. My wife and I stayed here with our 8 month old and everyone was perfectly taken care of.

• Stayed April 2013
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have visited the Stoweflake several times and had an awesome experience every time. The Baraw family personally sees to it that each and every guest is comfortable and happy.

I have hosted several large corporate events at the Stoweflake and had an excellent experience with the staff each time.

I particularly like their all-inclusive meeting packages - no surprise expenses!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Trumbull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stoweflake has a great location and their facilities and amenities are fantastic. The staff is both helpful and friendly. Regardless of what time of year or your reason for your stay you should be happy at Stoweflake.

• Stayed July 2013
Centreville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Treads were falling off steps. Chairs were stained. Beadspread may not have been really cleaned in years. Fitness center needed a good cleaning under and around all equipment. Hall way rugs were torenand dirty.
My wife got locked in room, staff climbed through the window to get her out. Oh joy!

Grounds were beautiful. Breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Find a less expensive room somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!