Headed back to BTV airport from NH White Mtns, & wanted to shorten my am drive, so I booked a single Saturday night in Stowe, about 45' from BTV. I'm not a snow skier, but the charm of small town Stowe & the lodging/dining packed Mtn Rd headed toward the lifts was undeniable. Despite the corneyish name, the Stoweflake Resort was a warm, welcoming, comfortable inn. Beautiful lobby of leather & hardwoods w/ fireplaces & several nooks for quiet reading or contemplation. Check-in was a bit slow, but accurate. I had booked a Priceline bid of $115, & my room was oversized w/ a gas fireplace. Although I was on the opposite side of the property from Mts. Stowe & Mansfield, I got adequate view time while at the outdoor hot tub. The jets were not working properly, but the temp was near perfect despite this. The indoor pool was too humid for the summer, & very loud to boot. While not marked as such, the large outdoor pool had an adults only feel w/ extra lounge chairs & a large adjacent bar. I'm also not a spa guy, but the promo pics of the place looked very upscale, & I saw a framed copy of a several-year old 'Travel & Leisure' ranking it in the top 40 in the US. The surrounding gardens are planted & tended wonderfully, & there's an executive 9 hole course on property & playing privs at Stowe CC just behind the resort. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, even at a higher price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa is a full-service resort ideally located in the heart of Stowe. Owned and operated by the Baraw family for fifty years, the AAA 4-diamond property is home to an unparalleled array of amenities and facilities, including a 50,000 square foot world class spa, an award-winning restaurant, elegant accommodations, and the largest resort-based conference center in Vermont.Stoweflake is situated on 60 acres and includes golf facilities, clay tennis courts, play areas, indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and groomed XC trails. Within walking distance is a wide variety of popular restaurants, pubs and specialty shops to explore.Visit us soon for a relaxing retreat or an adventurous mountain getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort And Spa
- Stoweflake Mountain Hotel Stowe
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa Stowe, Vermont