“The Brass Lantern Inn would 'light-up' anyone's trip to New England!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brass Lantern Inn

You added Brass Lantern Inn to your Saves list
Brass Lantern Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   717 Maple Street, Stowe, VT 05672   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Stowe B&B and Inns
Lancashire Lad
“The Brass Lantern Inn would 'light-up' anyone's trip to New England!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife Joanne & I travelled up to Stowe from Portland on Weds 20th October as part of our New England adventure. As soon as we entered the inn we felt it's aura of warmth & tranquility...and that was BEFORE we saw our room!! Fabulous was the only word that seemed befitting of such luxury and charm. The innkeepers, Mary Anne & George, were so welcoming it felt like we were friends before we'd even met! The afternoon tea with fresh cookies & other treats was totally irresistable, as were the scrumptious breakfasts.
On our departure we both wished we had booked a longer stay at this georgeous place, so much so we have already talked about a winter visit so we can sit by the fire while watching the snow swirl around Mount Mansfield in the distance! Stunning!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was our first stay at a B&B and I can clearly say I would do it again. This was the way to go for a relaxing, cared for feeling for a week. The owners- George and Maryann are the most welcoming, warm hosts and the breakfast is great- everyday. We met some nice people in the shared rooms and could be alone when we wanted in our room. We had a spectacular view of Mt Mansfield out our window. Coming here from a big city- Dallas, TX we were pleased to find the small town vibe and security of being in your own home. We even slept with the window cracked to get as much mountain air as possible. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our time there and how I would recommend this to anyone reading for a great stay. The autumn leaves were pretty great too!!

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I chose this inn because I could'nt find any poor reports on it when I booked april 2010.
Now I know why, you just could'nt get a friendlier atmosphere anywhere George and
Mary-Ann ( the owners ) made you feel like it was your permanent home right from the second you walk in.Everything was really comfortable from the breakfast room to the resting rooms to the bedrooms.Whilst we stayed a couple had a serious problem with
the man having had a fall and had to stay longer than they intended but even though fully booked the owners made provision for them to stay longer----------you would'nt get this in most places.I feel I will have to include this inn on any further trips to new england--Bobbo

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We were a group of two couples who travelled from Australia to experience the colours of autumn and what a pleasure it was staying at the Brass Lantern. The owners could not do enough for us from booking restaurants to cooking the most delicious breakfasts. Our rooms were at the back and the views were breathtaking. Our rooms were comfortable and the fire places made everything cosy. We chose the Brass Lantern as a result of on-line reviews and were more than pleased.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Upon arrival at the Brass Lantern Inn we received a warm welcome and felt instantly at home. Our room was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable with a fire and great mountain views as well! Mary-Anne and George are fantastic hosts and really go out of their way to take care of their guests' every need. It was so helpful to have advice about the local area, particularly as we were limited to 3 days and wanted to pack in as much as possible. The breakfasts were amazing as were the home-made cookies that we enjoyed with our afternoon tea. Watching the sun go down over Mount Mansfield from the hot tub at the end of a long day's walking was really relaxing. We went to Stowe primarily to see the Fall foliage and enjoy walking in the mountains but I imagine the Brass Lantern would be a lovely place to stay at any time of year. We stayed in a variety of hotels and inns around New England during our holiday but this was, without a doubt the best. We really hope to return again some day.......

East Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Mary Anne and George were wonderful before and during our stay at Brass Lantern Inn. My fiancee and I had stayed there previously and loved everything about it and we booked a trip for Labor Day weekend 2010. Mary Anne and George worked with me beforehand, having bouqets of my fiancee's favorite flower in the room and setting up reservations at two fantastic restaurants: Harrison's and Blue Moon Cafe. They were also great working with me to say that our room was not ready when we arrived, so that we could go hiking first and I could propose when we returned and the room was all set with the bouqets. They were also fantastic at providing gluten free brownies and meals for breakfast for me, since I have Celiac. They are two of the nicest people and the Brass Lantern Inn and Stowe, VT is a perfect place for a romantic, relaxing weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brasslantern, Owner at Brass Lantern Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
And thank you two for making it a special weekend for all at the Brass Lantern Inn. We very much enjoyed and appreciated the opportunity to "be in on the secret.!" Perhaps wedding bells here in Stowe?
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Went with my girlfriend for our four-year anniverary. George and Mary Anne were wonderful hosts. We got a nice room with a view of the mountain. Their hospitality was second-to-none. When we just wanted to do "nothing" we would lay out on lawn chairs in the yard and play horseshoes or just simply read. The breakfasts were really good as was there nice selection of teas. I would definitely recommend this place to any couple looking for a nice romantic get-away. I would also recommend going to Mount Mansfield as this was a great day trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Brass Lantern Inn? Share your experiences!