“Had we been here before?” 5 of 5 stars

Ye Olde England Inne
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   433 Mountain Rd, Stowe, VT 05672   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Stowe
reading ma.
“Had we been here before?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

From the moment you turn the corner on mountain road and see the tudor style, majestic face, you just know you are in for a special treat when you walk through the renaissance door to the Inn. The front desk personel were both professional and friendly with an air of familiarity, Had we been here befor?

Afternoon tea was waiting for just us it seemed, with its cakes and jam,fireplace blazing and attentive staff nearby but not over solicitous. Our room was warm and waiting at the top of the stairs with four posted bed and thick towels.

From informative and helpful locals in the pub, to our extraordinary dinner including ostrich filet and HUGE beer, scotch and wine list to the help with our skiis to the car on the last day....STELLAR!

• Liked — warm feeling/noit your run of the mill accomadations
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Hounslow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2007

All way a warm welcome.
The rooms are always great Clean I do like the no smoking Rules.
It is great for Families, Chris and Lynne are always there to help anyone
The food is always great I do like there steak and kidney pie.
4000 miles to get a great one???
The breakfast was included in my package I always went for Chris favraite keep you going all day
I had a go at snowmobiling what fun I enjoyed it so much I went back 2 days later.
There is always so much to do in Stowe you can never find time to do it all.
I enjoy booking up at the Inn the reception is great and will help with any question about what to do the area.
I did enjoy the new Beers they had at the Bar.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
albany,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

This was my first time staying at Ye Olde England Inne and I will definitley be going back! I was away on business for my first time and don't enjoy being alone & away from home, but this place was amazing. I felt like I was right at home, it was so cozy and the people were so sweet. The rooms are absolutely adorable and you definitley don't feel like you are in a hotel room, but rather you own room at home! The beds were great, the service was great, everything was just great. I am very excited to go back when I don't have to work so I can enjoy more of Stowe. They are very close to a lot of amazing restauraunts and little shops. Not to mention the breakfast there is AMAZING! They have this homeade granola that is to die for, a beautiful bar with over 40 different imported beers, a great little english restauraunt. What can I say, I loved this place!!

Stayed March 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

Beautiful Inn, cozy room, great outside hot tub. The BEST bar in Stowe - wonderful wine, beer and drink selections. Good place to sip ale by the fireplace. The innkeepers are generous and very friendly. Great place!

Stayed February 2007
Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2007

we have just returned after 10 days and getting married at the Ye Old England Inne.
The welcome was very warm and we felt that we were really looked after the whole time, Chris and Lynn (the owners) are great hosts and always ready to chat about your day, Chris has some good advice on the best mountain trails for skiing etc.
Lynn organised the wedding, which on (so far) the coldest day of the year was in front of a roaring fire in the great hall of Bluff House, after which we had the Zchivago experience booked through the hotel, which consisted of a sleigh ride and an amazing 6 course meal.
The food is fabulous at the Mr Pickwicks restaurant, and the service from the staff is excellent, the selection of beers in the bar kept my husband very happy and not knowing what to try next!
The rooms are of a high standard,well maintained and the beds are extremely comfortable.

Stayed January 2007
Pickering, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

Just returned from a great 3 days at Ye Olde England Inne in Stowe VT. This was not a cheap 3 days! But it was well worth it! We did a package that included accommodation, breakfast and two dinners. We stayed in the Windsor Suite of the Bluff House which has breathtaking views of the countryside, a fireplace and a double soaker tub - very nice.
The best thing about this place was the food (the staff were helpful and courteous and the room was great too, but the food! Incredible!). The breakfast menu has something for everyone with lots of creative concoctions and the portions were so ample that we often just had a light snack for lunch. The homefries are so good. Our stay at the Inne also included afternoon tea each day and that was really nice, egg nog, teas and delicious baked goodies.
Our dinner package included soup or salad, a main and dessert and we took the dessert up to our room each night because we were so full from the rest of the meal. The food was excellent and although a little pricey we thought it was worht it. I would encourage people to purchase a package b/c then the meals are included up front in the price.
The Inne itself is also in a very convenient location. We walked into town on the Recreation Trail which was really pretty and a short walk. You can also take the trail and walk the other direction toward the mountain.
We would recommend this Inne to others as a great relaxing getaway.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

With our 1st anniversary approaching my wife and I are having tremendous memories of our honeymoon stay, at the “top of Stowe”(what we called it), in the Windsor Suite at Ye Olde England Inne. Our stay was a short but incredibly memorable four days, February 5th through 8th. When I called for the reservation and explained the situation to Lyn, she excitedly said, "I know just the room!" And she was right, for two Southern Californians escaping to the beautiful Northeast for some snow - there is no better lodging. We also took advantage of the offered sleigh ride which was an absolute treat in the fresh snow that weekend. In our short time there we were regretfully not able to enjoy a Mr. Pickwick's dinner but, the breakfast offerings were outstanding. The daily tea time is a must as well, just a perfect way to spend some afternoon time together. To personalize our stay there were a number of add-ons available - I opted for the fresh red roses awaiting us on arrival, chilled beer gift basket and chocolate-boxed truffles. Everything was perfect, we can't wait to visit again. I remember the logistics the innkeepers worked through to accommodate our late arrival - after midnight that Sunday - and it is an example of hospitality we will never forget.

• Liked — all-inclusive nature
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay as long as you can.
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ye Olde England Inne? Share your experiences!