“peaceful vacation will many perks” 4 of 5 stars

Sound of Music Package
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Stowe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hollis Center, Maine
“peaceful vacation will many perks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

simply beautiful. we stayed in a guest house that I exchanged for through interval. the service was exceptional, I had car trouble the front desk helped us find an excellect local garage Willie's auto service droped car off at noon the owner brought us right in within 10 min had parts ordered, resort picked us up and when car was fixed the next morning the bell hop brought us back to get car.. you can do as much or as little as you want. Pool and fitness center are above average, every employee was well trained and met all our expectations.. our two kids had a blast on the roc climbing wall and the endless activities.. one of our best trips yet!!!

Room Tip: guest houses are great for families..
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Ryan K, Director of Lodging & Marketing at Trapp Family Lodge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Robert H,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed our facilities and were able to experience our excellent customer service first hand, especially during what could have been an extremely difficult situation. Thank you again for your comments and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Ryan Krukar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great atmosphere, stayed two nights and was able to XC ski right from the outdoor center for two days. Maple sugaring was going on also and watched the collection of pails of maple sap by horse drawn sleigh... For a less expensive meal take a jaunt down to the deli bakery for some great food.

Dear Tom M,

Thank you for your review. As you experienced, our facility is a fantastic place to visit for some late season skiing. The convenience of being able to walk out the door of your guest room right onto the trails is unmatched. Our maple sugaring operation is also a wonderful activity to experience as you are transported back in time when you watch our team collect and boil sap the "old fashion" way (another "not to be missed" activity is our sugar on snow party as it allows guests to enjoy this classic Vermont treat right at the source). Thank you again and we hope to see you back in the future!

Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stowe, Vermont, is our getaway place in New England. It has the mountainous feel we love, and folks have always seemed friendlier there than elsewhere. We stopped by at the Trapp Deli Bakery almost every time but never stayed in the Lodge. A deal popped up on TripAdvisor (JetSetter) and I was looking for a place to go to for my wife's birthday, so I took it. We arrived late night on a late winter early spring day - there was still a lot of snow on the ground. The GPS took us away from the main road and up a dirt road - it was desolate and dark and the car kept slipping off the road - it was a little scary. All of a sudden the lodge appeared - there were tiny christmas lights all over that made it appear. On a later wintry night, it seemed quite heartwarming to see this.

The front desk seemed a little cold and formal and I was thinking that it would be too fancy a place which is not too my liking - I was tired as well. Then Sam the bellman appeared and offered to valet the car and take the luggage for which I was very grateful, Our room seemed at the end of a long series of corridors with occasional cosy lounges, with books and games and fireplaces.

Our room seemed old but quaint with european (austrian?) style carvings, wall dressings and artwork. Sam had a fridge brought up for our beer. I felt taken care of and happy. My wife, kids and I had a nice relaxing night that night - we ordered in pizza from our favorite Piecasso and had wine and beer - the night was chilly but the air felt fresh and pure.

The next day was spend exploring the property and the restaurants. Breakfast at the main dining room was a little pricey. The lounge serves lunch and has savory sandwiches and Trapp beer which is pretty smooth. The pastrami sandwich was delicious and I would highly recommend it. We went for wine tasting in the afternoon and though the wine choice was not my favorite, my wife and I ended up having a good time chatting with the other patrons in the cellar which was cosy. Dinner at the main dining room was gourmet - I had the quail which was tender and juicy,

We don't ski but I wished we did as there are cross country trails right from the lodge - snowshoe trails as well. We did not take advantage of these this time but will the next time. We enjoyed exploring the property, though, and there are many nooks, decks and patios to lounge in - would be great to hang out in in the summer.

We left on a Sunday and again the other bellman (long hair, ponytail) was really kind - he not only told me of a bridge closure but later drew an alternate route on a map. I love these little attempts at helpfulness and love Vermont for this type of niceness!

The grounds are extensive and there are villas that are more secluded stayed in the main lodge this time. There are concerts on the grounds in summer and the lodge will make a picnic basket for you.

Oh and they welcome pets which is a big plus for me! Though they did not mention the pet fee when I was booking the room which made me a little annoyed - but I got over it - it was a little more than I like to pay as a pet fee as well.

Overall, another great choice for us when we go back to Stowe VT and looking forward to our next trip!

Room Tip: Lounge is great for lunch especially in the sun room area
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It sounds charming but for us the reality was far from it... Upon arrival we were told normal check in time was 5 pm (!) but that they were running late and it would be at least until 6 pm (!!!!). We received no apologies and no service to help the situation. When we finally got to our villa it was pitch black and nearly impossible to find which unit we were in. Several trips up and down icy steps later (in sub zero weather) and we found our unit. We carried all our things and our kids up to the unit which was dowdy, with a dirty red carpet, a tiny kitchen, old looking linens and decor and bathrooms that needed updating. Overall definitely a disappointment for us.

Stayed January 2015
Ryan K, Director of Lodging & Marketing at Trapp Family Lodge, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear smm130,

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the lack of service that you experienced during your stay and for the lack of attention to detail in your unit; this is completely unacceptable by our standards. It does sound like you stayed in one of our Guest House units as opposed to the Villas. The check-in time for the Guest Houses does depend upon the village in which you are staying; it does appear that you were staying with us in Village two as the check-in time is 5pm (again, I apologize that the unit was not yet ready upon arrival). We do offer luggage assistance for all of our guests upon request and would have certainly been happy to assist you with your luggage and salting/sanding the stairs of your Guest House. As a side note, our Guest Houses are time-share units that are currently going through an expansive upgrade that will occur over the next few years, adding to their comfort and charm. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience as I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you regarding your January visit!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Private, quite retreat on the top of a mountain with views of Mt Mansfield and the Valley below. Top notch facilities, well built and well maintained. A pleasure to spend time here. Great restaurant, Bar, Bakery, and much more. Probably our favorite place in the entire country to stay for vacation... it's a true vacation. Have enjoyed many years in the Guest Houses and the Villas. - Thank you so much to the Trapp Family and Management for all that you do to keep this place special!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Ryan K, Director of Lodging & Marketing at Trapp Family Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Pinch21NJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. It is such a rewarding feeling to be able to share the beauty and grandeur of our property/location with our guests as we feel it is a very special place for all to enjoy. Thank you again for your kind words and we will look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future!

east moriches
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a really beautiful area. The grounds are well taken care of. The staff was wonderful and helpful. I stayed in the guest house, they were clean and well stocked.
They could have more organized activities and gatherings for the visitors. I wish the pool and restaurants didn't close so early. They had a beautiful and clean pool and a nice large out door hot tub. This is an awesome place for xcountry skiing and snow shoeing. I would love to visit in the summer and be able to use the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Not much to do later in the evening bring your games and hobbies
Sag Harbor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We partook in many activities including the Mon Trapp family history (Maria's grandson answered questions!), a wine tasting in the cellar, a snowshoe tour of the sugar maple house. All wonderful! Yummy Austrian dinner in the restaurant and they accommodated my teenagers who would rather have a burger from the lounge menu then the wiener schnitzel. Will return! Maria picked a truly beautiful spot!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Trapp Family Lodge? Share your experiences!