We stayed in a Superior Room at the Golden Eagle Resort in Stowe over two nights in the last week of October 2005. It was the period when Hurricane Wilma became a nor'easter and caused quite a lot of snow in Vermont and largely blanketed the fall foliage. Quite a bummer, since our trip was primarily for the fall foliage, but we made the best of it.
The resort was a stone's throw from many restaurants lining Mountain Road. The room we got was right next to the lobby (room 105 if I remember correctly). It had a musky smell when we first stepped in, but it soon dissipated after we left the veranda door opened for a while. The room came with TV, air-conditioning and a refrigertor. It was clean, but I won't say spick and span. The bathroom was really tiny - imagine the space of a typical bathtub, the toilet right beside it and the remaining space for the door to swing open, and that's the total bathroom area. The sink was outside the bathroom, which was a lil' bit odd. The rest of the room was, however, rather spacious and more than enough for the two of us.
The daily breakfast was at the Colonial Cafe a short walk to the other end of the resort. Breakfast consisted of eggs, waffles, sausages, maple syrup and other typical breakfast ingredients whipped up in a myriad of different ways and combinations. Service was prompt and polite, even though I think they were shorthanded on our last day.
No major complaints, great place to stay and a decent rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds. Shuttle to ski area in winter. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe