My wife and I spent two nights here in October as part of a self-drive New England tour. This is a lovely location with hiils and rolling countryside and situated only a short walk away from central Stowe (about half a mile). The on-site restaurant serves breakfast with a good menu on a paying basis (at reasonable prices) but does not open for dinner; however there is a good selection of restaurants just across the road including an Irish and an English 'pub' in addition to others which include 'Pie in the Sky' (but don't be fooled, this restaurant unfortunately doesn't have a pie on the menu!). We had a lovely large room with two queen beds at the north end looking out over grassland and a small lake. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are various trails near by for walking or cycling, including the relatively new five mile recreation path that has great views. A great location for walking/cycling. As we were only there for two nights and were more interested in walking we didn't use the spa etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds. Shuttle to ski area in winter. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe