I stayed at the Golden Eagle for two years running on my annual ski trips to Vermont. Their room rates are more than reasonable and I love the fact that the hotel is a "motor inn", where you don't have to lug your skis and bags through a lobby and down long hallways. It's wonderful to have on-site amenities such as a pool and spa. And the mountain shuttle stops very close by. When I checked out, they offered me a 20% discount for next year so they'd be assured I would stay with them (I usually book through Priceline Name Your Own Price, which means you don't get a choice of hotel). All of the staff here are warm and friendly, which in turn shows how good their management is.
On a personal note, as a Christmas present I was given a stay at a very "fancy" hotel/resort further up Mountain Rd. for my 2013 trip. I found myself missing the Golden Eagle for its down-to-earth atmosphere and location in the middle of the action in Stowe Village. Essentially, the Golden Eagle felt like my home-for-a-week, whereas the other place felt like a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village. Indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center and spa, family programs, hiking trails, fishing ponds. Shuttle to ski area in winter. Wide variety of comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations and travel packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Eagle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Eagle Resort At Stowe Hotel Stowe
- Golden Eagle Resort Stowe, Vermont
- Golden Eagle Hotel Stowe