“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Springfield
New York City, New York
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had 2 rooms while on a family vacation and they were very clean, very new and very comfortable. Parking was fine, breakfast was good and they have a pool. Nothing to complain about. Plus Cinnabuns for breakfast. I had 3 :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our awesome Holiday Inn Express Signature Cinnamon Rolls! We strive for several things here at the hotel such as clean, comfortable, convenient, affordable accommodations with friendly staff service for each and every guest of our hotel. We will continue to strive to do our absolute best to exceed each guests expectation and we'd like to thank you for providing positive feedback regarding your stay. We would love to have you back very soon, we have some amazing Thanksgiving Specials out right now! Give us a call anytime to book!

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Westford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I attended a wedding in the Springfield VT area on October 20th - we stayed at the Holdiay Inn Express on Friday and Saturday night October 18, 19. It was a great place to stay for individuals, couples or the the whole family. It is right off of Rt 91 and convenients to everything in the area. The rooms were great nicely furnished and clean. Large TV and sitting area with small table if you want to eat in room. The Free breakfast was wonderful and very complete with eggs, pancakes, french toast, cereal, fruit, bacon/sauage (depending on the day), juices, coffee, fresh Cinnomon rolls, and much more. Coffee/Tea 24/7. They even had fresh baked cookies in the late afternoon. They have a nice pool and small exercise room. The room that you eat breakfast in is near the lobby and has a fireplace and TV too. Nice place to meet others who were attending the wedding too. It is right off the highway, but very quiet. Large parking lot and well lite. It is an easy on and off - gas station - right across the stree. Everyone that worked at the Holiday Inn were very helpful and nice. They have a nice late check-out policy. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We could not hear any noise from the highway. The rooms have a nice sitting chair, desk and a roll o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel for the wedding weekend! Thank you for your business and the entire wedding group was a joy to host. We hope you all had a wonderful weekend and would love to have you back in the future. This winter, we'll be offering some really exciting & very affordable package deals such as our Christmas Tree Package and our Okemo Ski Package....maybe a return trip? Thanks again so much for staying and offering your feedback to fellow travelers! Take care.
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed 10/17and 10/18. We have stayed in this hotel previously and rated it a 5; however we feel the quality is on the decline even though the hotel is still as good as most in the area.

It is just of I-91 and has plenty of well lit parking. Check in was cordial and efficient. The room was large and clean with all expected amenities. We did note a few minor items that should have been maintained better.

Our biggest disappointment was the breakfast area. While there is plenty of seating, the area where food is put out is very poorly designed. People are constantly bumping into each other, coffee services uses the individual creamers which takes time and is messy. There are carafes which were unlabeled that many of us thought was cream but turned out to be water - who knew. The smell of breakfast bacon permeated the hotel starting at 5:30am even though our room was very far from the breakfast area. It looked like the same food that was there at 7am was old stale and still there at 9am. Bottom line, this area is a mess. So much so that we avoided breakfast the second morning of our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Vermont. We appreciate your prior review as well and are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience during this most recent stay. There has been no change to the structure of our breakfast bar area since your last stay in April, however, staying in April versus October (peak foliage) can be quite different in regards to volume of guests at the hotel, but you should really not have had to avoid our breakfast area the second morning of your stay. I apologize we were not up to your standards and we hope you'll continue to be a loyal customer. We would love to welcome you back and again, offer that free upgrade to our wonderful IHG Rewards members! Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback.
Inlet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was very nice and clean, the staff allowed for our special circumstances without a blink of the eye. Coffee 24/7. My family loved the pool and workout room. Morning clerk could have been a bit friendlier. I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel! We really appreciate all feedback from our valuable guests. Our pool and fitness facilities are much larger than typical hotels and I am glad you found them enjoyable. My staff is always 'on the ready' for whatever situation might arise and I am very glad they were able to accommodate a special circumstance for you. However, I do apologize that you encountered a less than stellar front desk agent in the morning. All of our front desk agents work all different shifts so they are very knowledgeable in their jobs, we don't typically have one person that works only mornings. If you would be so kind as to e-mail me at hixpress@aol.com or give me a call 802-885-4516, I'd love to discuss the experience further and try to identify the staff member. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and your business and we would love to host you again in the future!
Gneral Manager
RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have stayed in other hotels/motels in the area and been so disappointed. I wish we had chosen the Holiday Inn Express before. The rooms are nicely appointed. Adequate space, clean, comfortable bed, nice large TV. Tabitha at the front desk was very helpful, friendly and courteous. The breakfast had good variety, was set up well and the dining area was pleasant. I will absolutely stay again when I return to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We wish you would have stayed sooner too! Thank you very much for giving our hotel a try when you were recently in the area and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Over the years, the hotel has consistently upgraded our rooms, lobby, equipment in order to offer the very best in comfort and convenience to every traveler. Thanks for noticing our all new bedding & 42" flat panel televisions! We strive to offer true New England hospitality and are so glad you will be staying with us again when you visit the area! Maybe next time you could take advantage of one our awesome ski packages, we are only 30 minutes from Okemo Mountain. Take care!
Bradford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here 1 night on a recent trip to VT. After checking in, a friendly woman from the housekeeping staff offered to help us find our room. The room was very nice & clean. It had no odor like most hotel rooms do. We had a king sized bed & it was very comfortable, especially all the pillows! They have a breakfast bar that was alright. Check out was a little slow, but overall we were totally pleased with this Holiday Inn Express even though it was a little pricey.

• Stayed September 2013
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Pam,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. There are several things we strive for at our hotel: Comfort, Cleanliness, Convenience and Friendliness...sounds like we were able to meet your needs in those areas, to which I am very glad. I want you to know we sincerely appreciate all of our guests and take feedback very seriously. I do apologize for any delay at check out, but I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel overall. And thanks for noticing our bedding! We recently replaced all beds and pillows as part of a new Holiday Inn Express initiative. Thanks again, Pam and we hope you will come visit us again very soon.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

While on a business trip I found myself at this very clean and very well laid out Holiday Inn Express. From the minute I walked in the door I was greeted by a very professional and helpful staff member. The facility seemed clean and well taken care of, which was a welcome surprise feeling as if I was in the middle of nowhere. The layout of the hotel is excellent because the pool and common areas are all at one end of the facility which keeps any excessive noise away from rooms. I was able to get the furthest room from everything which worked perfect considering I get up early for work, return to do work in my room and try to get to bed at a decent hour. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the breakfast was free. There are very few delivery options for dinner because of the location of the hotel, but a quick trip into town reveals some decent hometown selections. I was very surprised by the quality I encountered in this area.

Room Tip: If you are just trying to get a good nights sleep I loved the back of the hotel away from the common...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike,
I am so thrilled that we exceeded your expectations! Thanks for writing such a nice review and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience online. The hotel is very well taken care of and clean, kudos to our awesome maintenance and housekeeping departments! Our front desk staff is also wonderful and truly care about all of our guests comfort from the moment you enter the hotel. I will be sharing your compliments with everyone, they will really appreciate your feedback. I am also glad that you were able to find a few nice dinner options in town. Thanks again for writing about us, and please come back and visit anytime! Take care!
Danielle Calkins

Been to Holiday Inn Express Springfield? Share your experiences!