“Lower Rating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Springfield
The Villages, Florida
“Lower Rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed 10/17and 10/18. We have stayed in this hotel previously and rated it a 5; however we feel the quality is on the decline even though the hotel is still as good as most in the area.

It is just of I-91 and has plenty of well lit parking. Check in was cordial and efficient. The room was large and clean with all expected amenities. We did note a few minor items that should have been maintained better.

Our biggest disappointment was the breakfast area. While there is plenty of seating, the area where food is put out is very poorly designed. People are constantly bumping into each other, coffee services uses the individual creamers which takes time and is messy. There are carafes which were unlabeled that many of us thought was cream but turned out to be water - who knew. The smell of breakfast bacon permeated the hotel starting at 5:30am even though our room was very far from the breakfast area. It looked like the same food that was there at 7am was old stale and still there at 9am. Bottom line, this area is a mess. So much so that we avoided breakfast the second morning of our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Vermont. We appreciate your prior review as well and are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience during this most recent stay. There has been no change to the structure of our breakfast bar area since your last stay in April, however, staying in April versus October (peak foliage) can be quite different in regards to volume of guests at the hotel, but you should really not have had to avoid our breakfast area the second morning of your stay. I apologize we were not up to your standards and we hope you'll continue to be a loyal customer. We would love to welcome you back and again, offer that free upgrade to our wonderful IHG Rewards members! Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Inlet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room was very nice and clean, the staff allowed for our special circumstances without a blink of the eye. Coffee 24/7. My family loved the pool and workout room. Morning clerk could have been a bit friendlier. I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel! We really appreciate all feedback from our valuable guests. Our pool and fitness facilities are much larger than typical hotels and I am glad you found them enjoyable. My staff is always 'on the ready' for whatever situation might arise and I am very glad they were able to accommodate a special circumstance for you. However, I do apologize that you encountered a less than stellar front desk agent in the morning. All of our front desk agents work all different shifts so they are very knowledgeable in their jobs, we don't typically have one person that works only mornings. If you would be so kind as to e-mail me at hixpress@aol.com or give me a call 802-885-4516, I'd love to discuss the experience further and try to identify the staff member. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and your business and we would love to host you again in the future!
Gneral Manager
RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have stayed in other hotels/motels in the area and been so disappointed. I wish we had chosen the Holiday Inn Express before. The rooms are nicely appointed. Adequate space, clean, comfortable bed, nice large TV. Tabitha at the front desk was very helpful, friendly and courteous. The breakfast had good variety, was set up well and the dining area was pleasant. I will absolutely stay again when I return to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We wish you would have stayed sooner too! Thank you very much for giving our hotel a try when you were recently in the area and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Over the years, the hotel has consistently upgraded our rooms, lobby, equipment in order to offer the very best in comfort and convenience to every traveler. Thanks for noticing our all new bedding & 42" flat panel televisions! We strive to offer true New England hospitality and are so glad you will be staying with us again when you visit the area! Maybe next time you could take advantage of one our awesome ski packages, we are only 30 minutes from Okemo Mountain. Take care!
Bradford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here 1 night on a recent trip to VT. After checking in, a friendly woman from the housekeeping staff offered to help us find our room. The room was very nice & clean. It had no odor like most hotel rooms do. We had a king sized bed & it was very comfortable, especially all the pillows! They have a breakfast bar that was alright. Check out was a little slow, but overall we were totally pleased with this Holiday Inn Express even though it was a little pricey.

• Stayed September 2013
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Pam,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. There are several things we strive for at our hotel: Comfort, Cleanliness, Convenience and Friendliness...sounds like we were able to meet your needs in those areas, to which I am very glad. I want you to know we sincerely appreciate all of our guests and take feedback very seriously. I do apologize for any delay at check out, but I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel overall. And thanks for noticing our bedding! We recently replaced all beds and pillows as part of a new Holiday Inn Express initiative. Thanks again, Pam and we hope you will come visit us again very soon.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

While on a business trip I found myself at this very clean and very well laid out Holiday Inn Express. From the minute I walked in the door I was greeted by a very professional and helpful staff member. The facility seemed clean and well taken care of, which was a welcome surprise feeling as if I was in the middle of nowhere. The layout of the hotel is excellent because the pool and common areas are all at one end of the facility which keeps any excessive noise away from rooms. I was able to get the furthest room from everything which worked perfect considering I get up early for work, return to do work in my room and try to get to bed at a decent hour. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the breakfast was free. There are very few delivery options for dinner because of the location of the hotel, but a quick trip into town reveals some decent hometown selections. I was very surprised by the quality I encountered in this area.

Room Tip: If you are just trying to get a good nights sleep I loved the back of the hotel away from the common...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike,
I am so thrilled that we exceeded your expectations! Thanks for writing such a nice review and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience online. The hotel is very well taken care of and clean, kudos to our awesome maintenance and housekeeping departments! Our front desk staff is also wonderful and truly care about all of our guests comfort from the moment you enter the hotel. I will be sharing your compliments with everyone, they will really appreciate your feedback. I am also glad that you were able to find a few nice dinner options in town. Thanks again for writing about us, and please come back and visit anytime! Take care!
Schenectady, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I stayed for two nights and the the front desk was very friendly and helpful with places to go sight seeing. The pool and breakfast were enjoyable. We got the Bromley Park Package which included 4 passes to the park. The park itself was very enjoyable and is appropriate for all ages. The rooms were nice and clean and had a welcoming feel to them. This was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience about our hotel on Tripadvisor! All of our staff are always ready to talk to guests about our beautiful region and everything it has to offer. Actually, I recently took my front desk staff on a familiarization tour so we could all personally experience the attractions and then relay the information to our guests, it's been a great success and will probably be an annual trip from now on. The Bromley Summer Adventure Package is the best summer deal in Vermont and I am so happy you found it enjoyable and fun for the whole family. I certainly hope you will be back to visit us very soon....we also have some fantastic ski packages, both with Bromley and Okemo. If you are not interested in skiing, our Christmas Tree Package is also an amazing deal and costs only $5 above our Best Available Rate. Give us a call anytime and we can give you more information! Thanks again so much for choosing our hotel, we truly appreciate your business. Take care!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My co-worker and I were attending a Google workshop in Chester, VT and couldn't find a place to stay that would accommodate our needs in Chester. We looked in surrounding communities and stopped by last month to see if it would fit our needs. Once looking it over we booked it for our return and have not felt that it was a mistake.

The staff was more than helpful and always polite when we would ask them for advise on restaurants. By the way we had a great meal in both the Hole On The Hill and the Black Rock restaurants at a reasonable price and I highly recommend them if you are in the area. The rooms were very clean and the internet never once let us down when we had to work online until 11 each night. Would I bring my family here for a stay: absolutely.

Thank you for making an extremely busy week a little bit less stressful.
Linda Williams, Boston MA

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi Linda,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a really nice review of our hotel. I am so glad our property satisfied all of your needs while you were on business. I personally know how much a good, clean hotel with great staff can make my business trips a little easier. All Holiday Inn Express hotels have installed load balancer equipment to ensure fast, reliable wireless internet access at all hotels and we do not normally have issues with it. We really appreciate your business and as much as we are a great place for the business traveler, we are an awesome hotel for families as well! I hope you will come visit us again with your family, maybe check out Bromley Sun Mountain Adventure Park.....we have a package for that and its the best deal in Vermont this summer. If you can't come again this summer, we also have some really great ski packages available for both Bromley and Okemo Mountains. Thank you again so very much for your business, Linda and I hope to welcome you again very soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Danielle Calkins

Been to Holiday Inn Express Springfield? Share your experiences!