“Standard Holiday Inn Express” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Springfield
“Standard Holiday Inn Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been using this hotel for a while now and suites my travels to okemo and further north of the boarder. It can be definitely better according to holiday inn standards.
Staff is friendly and morning breakfast is included which is standard holiday inn express menu. It's okay for one niter Stays and is economical for budget travelers.

• Stayed January 2013
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your continued business when you visit our Springfield, Vermont area. We agree we are affordable, conveniently located and our staff service rivals that of 5 star hotels! We are sorry to hear, however, that we are viewed as a "standard" Holiday Inn Express. We strive to offer the best accommodations with our 42" flat panel televisions (most Holiday Inn properties offer 37"), our refrigerators and microwaves in all guestrooms (which are not a franchise standard for Holiday Inn properties). Our public areas boast a huge 20' x 50' indoor pool and an extensive fitness center, which are both much larger than most hotels. We also have our arcade and guest laundry facilities. As we constantly try to improve the guest experience within our hotel, we look forward to receiving all new mattresses to offer the best night sleep possible and we also will be upgrading our HVAC units this Spring. We hope you will be back to experience these exciting changes and again, we thank you very much for your business!

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice place to stay in the area. Lack of competition makes the price a little steep though. Rooms vary from bad to ok depending on where you are in the building and could use some work. Breakfast is served in a walkway by the front desk and is hardly a great setup.

Pros:
Convenient location
Fast wifi
Nice pool/workout area
Game room

Cons:
Worst breakfast area at a Holiday Inn Express I have seen.
Some rooms need updating badly

Room Tip: Request a different room if you get a bad one. They have always been good about that with me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all comments (good or bad) so we may continue to improve any areas of concern. I would really like to hear more from you regarding your experiences and any 'bad' rooms you have encountered so I may fix any negative perception that you or other guests may have of our hotel. Since we have completed a 2-year redecoration project throughout the entire hotel with new carpeting, headboards, bedding, wall vinyl, lamps, 42" flat panel televisions, etc. we have had great feedback. Therefore, I am concerned about the rooms you have mentioned. Feel free to call me anytime to discuss. We certainly appreciate your business! Thanks again. Take care.
~Danielle Calkins
Bayside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went skiing at Okemo, wanted an inexpensive clean room. Location is about 30 minutes away from the Okemo ski mountain area. Has all the Holiday Inn Express amenities, chocolate chip cookies with coffee at check-in time. Morning breakfast starts at 7AM, regular continental fare. Be there on time, so you can get to the mountain by 8AM, when the lifts open.

Was generally pleasantly surprised, did not expect much and got more than expected. Provided extra towels and courtesy toothbrushes with a smile. One knock are the beds, full beds were small and springy. Full gym and swimming pool, also has a game room.

Also ate at 56 Main Street, about 5 minutes up the road. Hit and miss on the dishes. But in general a fair meal for the location.

Room Tip: Request a room with two double beds will yield you a larger room. Stayed on the first floor, conveni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review of your recent stay at our hotel! I am so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations.....it's absolutely what we strive for! My team loves to go above and beyond for all of our very valuable guests and their reward is hearing that they made a difference and learning that guests like you took the time to recognize the efforts. Thank you very much and we hope to have you back with us before the winter is over. Keep an eye out for special Okemo Skier Discounts and Bromley Mountain Packages, which are both amazing savings. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care and Happy New Year!
Danielle Calkins, General Manager
fairfield ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas week to ski at Okemo. Since it was relatively last minute trip , we couldn't get near the mountain hotels for our budget.
This hotel was about 25 minutes from Gore Mountain base. I don't ski so I hung out at the hotel the second day.
The beds were so comfortable. It says double beds but they are really queen size to me. Room was spacious and clean and we were at the end with no elevator so it was completely quiet. But that could have been because the guests were well behaved and not rowdy.

The public areas were nice and the breakfast was typical for hotels that include a buffet with the room.

One of the best features of this hotel was that you could cancel on the day of arriving until 6pm. Which was helpful to us who worried that there may not have been enough snow this week to ski. Check in was easy and the staff let me keep the room until after 2pm on check out day.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind review about our hotel for your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your business! We are glad you found our hotel to be friendly, affordable, clean and convenient. Although we are not always able to offer the same flexibility on our cancellation policy throughout the year, we try very hard to make sure our guests come first and we are glad you found our cancellation policy a good fit for your situation. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon! Take care and we wish you the very best for 2013!
Danielle Calkins, General Manager
Hartford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn and Intercontinental properties all over the world many times a year by choice. This property needs special attention from top management to come up to the standard of their parent company. My room was the smallest Holiday Inn room I've ever seen. It was in need of repair and paint. the shower head was old and didn't work properly. I can't recommend this hotel.

I must say that the front desk personnel were friendly and tried to be helpful. However, they are the workers and can't do anything about managements lack of urgency to keep their rooms acceptable for Platinum members and the general public.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
spgvt, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stays at our hotel. I apologize that you felt the hotel was less than stellar....we try very hard to have the best of service, cleanliness and value. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area! Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Warm Regards,
~Stephanie Parker
Operations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for several days at the end of November. The staff was exceptionally helpful and co-operative. The prepared list of local dining establishments was a nice touch. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I always enjoy HIE for the microwave and mini-fridge they provide. The work table slides out and makes for a nice dining table as well. Even though there is not much competition in the area, it does not seem that management takes its customers at all for granted. Great job!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. We truly appreciate all of our valuable guests and like to offer as many amenities to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. And although our town is quiet and small, there are many "hidden gem" attractions that we'd be happy to recommend...skiing, maple sugaring, the famous Vermont Country Store. We hope to see you again soon, thanks again!

~Stephanie Parker
Operations Manager
Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for a night in July 2012 with my husband and (then)16-month old son. We were in the area for our friends' baby shower. We had a spacious king bedroom with a complimentary crib for the baby. The pool was clean and refreshing. The coffee was always fresh, and the desk clerks were unfailingly pleasant and helpful. We walked away happy to have a great place to stay for future visits.

We booked a room for 11/10/12. As teachers, we planned on visiting on a holiday weekend. We would see our friends' baby for the first time, and we were excited to spend a night in a comfortable, familiar place.

Then, Sandy hit Jersey. We lost power for five days. While we didn't sustain the catastrophic damage as nearby areas did, we lost Internet for quite a while. Our students had their homes devastated. My husband has STILL been unable to return to work, so we have no way of knowing how his students have fared, but we know their town had been hit hard. Personally, we incurred unforeseen costs due to the storm, and sadly, we had to cancel our visit to VT.

When I was able to check my email this morning, I saw a note from a booking site that our nonrefundable reservation was in effect. Panicked, I called the Holiday Inn. The desk clerk who answered, Tabitha, was calm, empathetic, and insistent that she would so our best to help us. Thirty minutes later, she called me to say that our reservation was canceled, and we would be refunded. She spent fifteen minutes talking to me, asking me about how we were doing. Though a lifelong resident of the Springfield area, she moved to New Orleans six months before Katrina, and she lived through that devastation.

I cannot adequately express how much her consideration and empathy comforted me. Knowing that the Holiday Inn Express franchise employs people like Tabitha has sealed my loyalty to them. My husband and I were more than pleasantly surprised by the chain's quality when we stayed there last July. Now, we are patrons for life.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Springfield? Share your experiences!