“Clean, comfortable, easy to find” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Springfield
fairfield ct
“Clean, comfortable, easy to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas week to ski at Okemo. Since it was relatively last minute trip , we couldn't get near the mountain hotels for our budget.
This hotel was about 25 minutes from Gore Mountain base. I don't ski so I hung out at the hotel the second day.
The beds were so comfortable. It says double beds but they are really queen size to me. Room was spacious and clean and we were at the end with no elevator so it was completely quiet. But that could have been because the guests were well behaved and not rowdy.

The public areas were nice and the breakfast was typical for hotels that include a buffet with the room.

One of the best features of this hotel was that you could cancel on the day of arriving until 6pm. Which was helpful to us who worried that there may not have been enough snow this week to ski. Check in was easy and the staff let me keep the room until after 2pm on check out day.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
spgvt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review about our hotel for your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your business! We are glad you found our hotel to be friendly, affordable, clean and convenient. Although we are not always able to offer the same flexibility on our cancellation policy throughout the year, we try very hard to make sure our guests come first and we are glad you found our cancellation policy a good fit for your situation. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon! Take care and we wish you the very best for 2013!
Danielle Calkins, General Manager

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hartford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn and Intercontinental properties all over the world many times a year by choice. This property needs special attention from top management to come up to the standard of their parent company. My room was the smallest Holiday Inn room I've ever seen. It was in need of repair and paint. the shower head was old and didn't work properly. I can't recommend this hotel.

I must say that the front desk personnel were friendly and tried to be helpful. However, they are the workers and can't do anything about managements lack of urgency to keep their rooms acceptable for Platinum members and the general public.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
spgvt, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stays at our hotel. I apologize that you felt the hotel was less than stellar....we try very hard to have the best of service, cleanliness and value. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area! Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Warm Regards,
~Stephanie Parker
Operations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for several days at the end of November. The staff was exceptionally helpful and co-operative. The prepared list of local dining establishments was a nice touch. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I always enjoy HIE for the microwave and mini-fridge they provide. The work table slides out and makes for a nice dining table as well. Even though there is not much competition in the area, it does not seem that management takes its customers at all for granted. Great job!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. We truly appreciate all of our valuable guests and like to offer as many amenities to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. And although our town is quiet and small, there are many "hidden gem" attractions that we'd be happy to recommend...skiing, maple sugaring, the famous Vermont Country Store. We hope to see you again soon, thanks again!

~Stephanie Parker
Operations Manager
Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for a night in July 2012 with my husband and (then)16-month old son. We were in the area for our friends' baby shower. We had a spacious king bedroom with a complimentary crib for the baby. The pool was clean and refreshing. The coffee was always fresh, and the desk clerks were unfailingly pleasant and helpful. We walked away happy to have a great place to stay for future visits.

We booked a room for 11/10/12. As teachers, we planned on visiting on a holiday weekend. We would see our friends' baby for the first time, and we were excited to spend a night in a comfortable, familiar place.

Then, Sandy hit Jersey. We lost power for five days. While we didn't sustain the catastrophic damage as nearby areas did, we lost Internet for quite a while. Our students had their homes devastated. My husband has STILL been unable to return to work, so we have no way of knowing how his students have fared, but we know their town had been hit hard. Personally, we incurred unforeseen costs due to the storm, and sadly, we had to cancel our visit to VT.

When I was able to check my email this morning, I saw a note from a booking site that our nonrefundable reservation was in effect. Panicked, I called the Holiday Inn. The desk clerk who answered, Tabitha, was calm, empathetic, and insistent that she would so our best to help us. Thirty minutes later, she called me to say that our reservation was canceled, and we would be refunded. She spent fifteen minutes talking to me, asking me about how we were doing. Though a lifelong resident of the Springfield area, she moved to New Orleans six months before Katrina, and she lived through that devastation.

I cannot adequately express how much her consideration and empathy comforted me. Knowing that the Holiday Inn Express franchise employs people like Tabitha has sealed my loyalty to them. My husband and I were more than pleasantly surprised by the chain's quality when we stayed there last July. Now, we are patrons for life.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sanford, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here with my wife during a Vermont weekend away. Very clean and solid hot continental breakfast - nothing fancy just a good value. Staff was kind and very accommodating when the first room key they gave me wouldn't work - actually had a staff member accompany us to our room to make sure all was working well and in order. Close to I91 and Springfield. Would easily stay here again it was that good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
spgvt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! The staff and I are very excited that you enjoyed your stay here. We strive to offer convenience, comfort and great service to all of our guests. Just this year we upgraded all of our televisions to 42" Flat screens to make the rooms better for our guests, and replaced all our desk chairs to more comfortable and modern rolling chairs. We deeply appreciate feedback from our guests as it gives us valuable incite to what we can be doing for our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
Long Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. Close to I-91, Route 5 in Vermont and Route 12 in New Hampshire. Easy drive to Walpole, NH (the new Walpole Scoop Shop is a must stop) and also both Vermont Country Stores. The rooms with the King size beds are great. They also have a microwave and a minifridge which was very handy. Free breakfast is a plus. Everyone on the staff that we interacted with were friendly and helpful. We have stayed here two times this year and will be back next year,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay here. We are all very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our location is absolutely perfect for our area, with the Vermont Country Stores in Rockingham (just 10 minutes away) and in Weston (just 35 minutes from us.) as well as other great attractions like the Quechee Gorge Village in Quechee (just 25 minutes north). The Walpole Creamery is also a must-not-miss attraction just south of us, they use locally sourced dairy and have one of the highest cream contents available making their ice cream rich and flavorful and an absolute treat! We thank you again for letting us know how we are doing, and hope to host you and your family again soon!
Erica Green~Guest Services Manager
Sanford, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was our second stay here in the last 2 years.. We came back again because it is just so comfortable here. I would have to say " This is the place Maine people come for Vacation". The beds are so comfortable, choice of firm or soft pillows.. Huge Panasonic flat screen T.V, Pool, Great free Breakfast (that alone saves you a good 20 bucks). It's so quiet and relaxing I can honestly say this is the place I would stay when visiting Vermont! They say Mainers are friendly, But these fine people have us beat.. I can't say enough about this place.. Fully satisfied. Thanks to all of you that helped us.. see you again..

Room Tip: I liked the rooms in the back of the Hotel on the second floor.. Very quiet!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
spgvt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We are so pleased that you had a wonderful exprerience with us. We are constantly trying to improve ourselves, like the beginning of this year when we added the flat screen TVs to all of our guest rooms, and as recently as last month we began making upgrades on our breakfast bar to include western omelettes, homefries, danishes, and a variety of muffins! We are always looking for new ways to exceed our guests expectations and are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Springfield? Share your experiences!