I stayed here for a night in July 2012 with my husband and (then)16-month old son. We were in the area for our friends' baby shower. We had a spacious king bedroom with a complimentary crib for the baby. The pool was clean and refreshing. The coffee was always fresh, and the desk clerks were unfailingly pleasant and helpful. We walked away happy to have a great place to stay for future visits.
We booked a room for 11/10/12. As teachers, we planned on visiting on a holiday weekend. We would see our friends' baby for the first time, and we were excited to spend a night in a comfortable, familiar place.
Then, Sandy hit Jersey. We lost power for five days. While we didn't sustain the catastrophic damage as nearby areas did, we lost Internet for quite a while. Our students had their homes devastated. My husband has STILL been unable to return to work, so we have no way of knowing how his students have fared, but we know their town had been hit hard. Personally, we incurred unforeseen costs due to the storm, and sadly, we had to cancel our visit to VT.
When I was able to check my email this morning, I saw a note from a booking site that our nonrefundable reservation was in effect. Panicked, I called the Holiday Inn. The desk clerk who answered, Tabitha, was calm, empathetic, and insistent that she would so our best to help us. Thirty minutes later, she called me to say that our reservation was canceled, and we would be refunded. She spent fifteen minutes talking to me, asking me about how we were doing. Though a lifelong resident of the Springfield area, she moved to New Orleans six months before Katrina, and she lived through that devastation.
I cannot adequately express how much her consideration and empathy comforted me. Knowing that the Holiday Inn Express franchise employs people like Tabitha has sealed my loyalty to them. My husband and I were more than pleasantly surprised by the chain's quality when we stayed there last July. Now, we are patrons for life.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Springfield for a friendly and knowledgeable staff and excellent guest service! Our 88 newly re-decorated guest rooms are 100% smoke free and offer free in-room wireless high-speed Internet access, 42" flat panel televisions, refrigerators and microwaves for your convenience. We offer a complimentary hot buffet breakfast, a large heated indoor pool, fitness room, business center, arcade room, guest laundry and a lobby with a fireplace and original artwork by local artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.