“FUN” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Koto Japanese Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: On the CCTA bus route
Description: We are Vermont's premier Japanese restaurant, serving our guests for 11 years, since 1999. Come enjoy our Japanese ambiance with a pond full of koi fish and running water --always a hit with kids. We have plenty of free parking and a full bar stocked with fine wines, beers, and a variety of liquor. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future. We have four options of dining in our establishment. Hibachi, dining room, tatami and sushi bar. Please specify the type of dining experience you'd prefer under special notes. For weekends and holiday please inquire within to confirm your reservation. Thank you.
Burlington, Vermont, United States
“FUN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great fun for a family or date night! We all love the dressing for the salad so much we order a pint to bring home (crazy good) the hibachi it super entertaining sushi is very good and fresh. Clean and great service

Visited February 2013

Burlington, Vermont
“Hibachi Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Never tried Koto's before but after seeing many cars outside, thought we'd give it a try. The waiter recommended the Hibachi special so we gave it a try. The soup was typical broth with not much in it, a minimal salad with some lettuce and dressing. The main course for me was scallops and rice. The scallops were a bit tough and over cooked with rice that was so salty that I chose not to eat it. My wife had shrimp and noodles. Again, heavy on salt and dry seafood. Don't know why this place is so popular, maybe the show?

Essex, Vermont
“Its all about the show!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Koto is a great place to take kids or a group of adults. You must call ahead to get a hibachi table reservation, and the hibachi is the only reason to go there. The skilled chefs put on quite a show with their culinary choreography of knives and spatulas. The food is often quite good, but it really depends on the the chef. Sometimes it is overcooked, and that is the gamble you take. I always order the filet or shrimp and most of the time it is really good. The bar offers a wide range of cocktails and the menu has something for everyone.

Visited October 2012
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great food, great service, the lobster and filet mignon is well worth the price. Go during lunch to save some money.

Visited August 2012
Barre Town, VT
“You will not find a better hibachi restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I have been coming here for years and I recently brought a party of 40 people here for her 30th birthday. On an already busy Friday night they made special parking room for our two hummer limos. They have two big private party rooms with hibachi tables. We've done so much business here over the years that I've gotten to know the owner. He actually picks up fresh fish and seafood at the local airport every day or every other day at the latest. Like I said you won't find fresher food. I recently ate at a hibachi restaurant in Boston and it didn't even compare. I've eaten at this restaurant I'm sure close to 100 times and have never had a meal; not once! If you can't tell, I love this place and I'm very "culinary aware" and picky about food quality and preparation. I'm very surprised that koto doesn't have a 5 star review average!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere