“Wow-twin lobsters for $21.95” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Milton
“Wow-twin lobsters for $21.95”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Twin lobsters, each about 1 1/8 pounds, are such a great deal and the lobsters are fantastic; very tender and tasty. You also get two sides and a salad our soup. I had a baked potato and horseraddished carrots; my wife had sweet potato fries and green beans. They were decent except the beans were a little overdone. We visit the Rotisserie almost weekly and the sides are usually pretty decent but they can be a little off/soggy on occasions. Our food came out promptly; we were there early in the evening. Things can get a little slow when the restaurant is full. Our server, Harley, was very cheerful and prompt. Our martini's, at $4.75, were great. The Rotisserie is not gourmet but the food is usually prepared properly and a fantastic value. Management is attentive and takes suggestions with great interest. I just wish they had kept the fireplace that was removed after the fire they had a few years ago.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Poughkeepsie, New York
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Food was average. the vegetable options were presented as "green beans or glazed carrots" two people from my party ordered the "glazed carrots" and were quite surprised when they arrived coated in a horseradish cream of some kind. It was very busy when we went there so i think that our waitress was slightly flustered. She didn't pay very much attention to us and had to ask a few times for the check. like i said, food was average, wasn't a terrible time but not all that memorable. (except the carrots haha)

Visited July 2012
Clermont, Florida
“Good food and portions at lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Have only gone here for lunch. Tasty food and good portions. Thought price was a good value. My husband had chicken with biscuits on special and it was full of white meat chicken. I had scrod and it was excellent. Decor is not fancy but nice enough. Clean. Would recommend. Have only gone for lunch so cannot address dinner menu but would assume it would be equally good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
vermont
“No wonder they are always busy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife and I had lunch today at the Rotisserie Restaurant in South Burlington, VT and now understand why it always appears to be busy. We had a late lunch although we did order from the dinner menu. We both had open faced steak sandwiches with sweet potato fries and they were great. We did arrive at an off hour and had the dining room to ourselves which enabled us to look at a local artists paintings that lined the walls. The server gave great service and the longer we stayed more people started to come in. We had never stopped before because it always looked crowded and now know why. It is because of the food, service, and value.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“We were very disappointed in the quality of our food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have been to the "Rotisserie" many times (before the fire remodel) and have always enjoyed my meal, service and atmosphere. I felt remiss if I did not let you know of our disappointment last nite over the food. Service was great, however! My son said he did not like his chicken and the sauce tasted worse than jarred. My daughter could not eat her burger, said it was too dry. My husband did not like his steak and my son second it when he tasted it. The other member of our party did not like the chicken cordue blue (I did take it home to try myself at some point, as well as the remainder of the steak) I had fish which was good, but 4 scallops, two shrimp and sm. piece of white fish with a sticker price of $18.95 shocked me! I only hope that the two meals I took out to a sick friend were good. This note is meant purely as constructive. Sincerely, Lorraine Raymond. (mlakj1@hotmail.com)

• Visited March 2012