“Still great after all these years” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Burlington, Vermont
“Still great after all these years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had not been back to the Silver Palace in probably 15 years (I moved out of town). The food was just as good as I remember. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. The orange beef was especially good, nice and crispy, not to heavy and great flavor. It's been on the menu since I can remember.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Westford, Vermont
“Consistently a good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great food and service. The Gwin Jin is awesome. A nice assortment of fresh vegetables. Best Chinese food in Burlington.

Visited June 2012
Morrisonville, NY
“Best Asian food south of Montreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Whenever I find myself in Burlington the Silver Palace is one of my go-to restaurants. Real Chinese and Asian cuisine, not American-influenced buffet stuff congealing under the heat lamps. The house wonton soup is excellent, with fresh vegetables, shimp, pork, and chicken with the wontons. The beef teriaki is subtly seasoned with tender beef. The crispy Grand Marnier pork is great, as are the crispy scallops.
I have always found the servers to be pleasant and efficient and haven't had to wait an inordinate time, but I'll admit I've never been there when the house was full.
It's surprising to see some reviews complain about price --yeah, it's more expensive than the aforementioned Chinese joints in every other strip mall, but the food is freshly prepared using fresh ingredients, with generous portions, and the menu isn't the run-of-the-mill take-out list.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“An Awful Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The main waiter at our table was so rude and incompetent, we had to ask the receptionist for chopsticks and I had to go around our table asking for drink orders. He served a vegetarian pork and other tables were served way before we were. After spending an outrageous three hours for dinner, some people threatened to complain online. The smug reply of the waiter masquerading as a manager: "Go ahead. We have our customer base." An altogether miserable evening thanks to this horrible restaurant. Don't go there!

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melrose Massachusetts
“The worse birthday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We called in advance to inquire about their ability to handle a large crowd and their policy about doing single checks. They said that they were capable of both. However when we got their it was a different story. The waiter told us that they don't do seperate checks and we ordered our food which arrived 2 1/2 hours later. All of the customers that came after us were already served. So, needless to say my birthday bash of 17 people was a bust. The food was ok, but next time I'll go back to Single Pebble. The prices are a little higher but the food is much better. SP doesn't do seperate checks either but the service and food has always been good.

• Visited March 2012