“A Fantastic Place for Families” 4 of 5 stars

Smart Suites Burlington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Shelburne Road, South Burlington, VT 05403   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Chicago, Illinois
“A Fantastic Place for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with our stay last weekend at Smart Suites. They really went above and beyond. The shuttle was waiting when we arrived at the airport. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile. The 1-bedroom suite was perfect for our family. Having a kitchen was super helpful for storing baby food (and Ben and Jerry's pints that we bought on premises from their 24 hour freezer!), and cleaning bottles. They provide dish soap and dish towels (but no sponges for some reason). The room was pretty clean and very spacious. The complimentary breakfast was a great treat. I loved how they thought of little things to make our stay nicer like a water cooler in the lobby, cookies out at night, and granola bars for those participating in the Burlington Marathon. The only little snafu was that our requested crib was not in the room when we arrived. They brought it up right away but did not include a crib fitted sheet (lady brought it up with pillows and blanket---obviously does not have a baby). We wrapped a blanket around the mattress, so it worked out okay. We will certainly return again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Chicag0Gail,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a great review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor! We work hard to ensure the experience of each our guests is top notch and I am proud to hear our staff delivered such great service.

It is our priority to provide travelers with the best value in Burlington. That means we seek to offer all the amenities people have come to expect from a 3 star hotels while keeping rates reasonable and delivering superior service. For your next stay, we hope to earn a perfect review. I have personally investigated why your crib was not ready in your room for your arrival and can assure you that will not happen again.

In Gratitude,

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for this past weekend, which was full to capacity due to the Burlington Marathon. First off, from the first couple of emails I sent, to phone calls and the service at the front desk, I can't speak highly enough about the kind service I received. Everyone was so helpful and extremely accommodating.
I needed to make sure we were not near smoking and had a quiet room. They made sure of both. They also accommodated us arriving early.
I feel like they sincerely wanted to make sure our stay was what was important.
They even had the breakfast buffet out early to accommodate all of us getting to the marathon.
It was a terrific stay. We have already started reccommending it to our friends.
Thank you!
Cindy

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cindy,

Thank you for choosing Smart Suites during the Burlington Marathon! We look forward to marathon weekend each year and are proud to support the event. It is always very rewarding to read about the positive experiences of our guests and I can’t wait to sharing you kind words with our staff.

We are honored to have your recommendation and look forward to having you are our guest again in the future!

Amherst, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Excellent stay; all the staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked for a DVD player and it was brought to our room right away. Great to have a separate bedroom and living space. Breakfast was nice with many food options; slightly different ones each of the 2 mornings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear ERSK1988,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your positive feedback. I am excited to hear you found the size of the room to be a good value and the attentiveness of our staff prompt.

Please feel free to connect with directly to plan your next trip to the Burlington area! We look forward to having you as our guest again.

MASS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times. Great place and excellent value. Had a one bedroom suite (4 people slept and lounged comfortably) with a kitchen. Very reasonable pricing...the staff is very helpful, warm, and accommodating.

I highly recommend and will stay there again! Give it a try.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear LeonaMass,

I am so happy to hear you have enjoyed you past stays here at Smart Suites! Guest satisfaction is everything to us and we really appreciate when guests share their positive experiences here on Trip Advisor. I am also pleased that we earned a 5/5 this time which is an improvement over your previous review of 4/5! We will always remain committed to improving our value and service.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My sisters and I stayed at the Smart Suites in early May 2014 and had a fine visit. The staff was great, from the front desk to the maintenance person (we had a bit of an issue with excessive heat at first) to the lady in charge of the breakfast room. Speaking of which, the breakfast was better than average and there was coffee available at all times. The beds were very comfortable. We were at the front, on the highway side, in a great big room and it wasn't noisy. There were no smoke or odor issues at all. I asked for a room on the top floor away from the elevators and that is exactly what I got. The wireless internet service was fine. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Scobeaux,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Smart Suites! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay.

We pride ourselves in the size and comfort of our suites and glad you found them to be of good value. Also, we are always seeking to improve the quality of our Deluxe Continental Breakfast which means you’ll see some new items each time you visit. I am glad you liked our current arrangement.

Thank you again! Please feel free to connect with me directly to plan your next stay.

Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the smart suites on April 14th and May 7th, we had the best room
in the whole hotel, I think, for the regular price. The people at the desk are very friendly and
courteous. They always ask if we need anything at all. Since last November, we have stayed
here 4 times. We have found a place that we can call home away from home. We plan to go
for a weekend in the near future.

Room Tip: Third floor is great, no one walking over your head, it's real quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 25KenBl,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor! I can’t wait to share your kind words with our staff. We all work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our guests and I can’t tell you how much it means to us to hear positive feedback in return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Burlington area soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Got a non-smoking room that had smoke vented into it every time I turned on the bathroom light. I kept the bathroom door closed but it didn't help. Smoked leaked in through the hall as well. They try to cover it with a heavy spray in the hall. By morning my clothes and hair stunk as well as the clothes in my bag and the bag itself. I went to an offsite laundry facility and washed everything.

They previously placed plastic over the bathroom vent so they knew it was a problem but still advertise as nonsmoking. I talked to the front desk that morning and they said that all the air gets vented from the basement to the top of the building, everything sharing the same venting system. They were very nice but couldn't do anything to fix it. I was supposed to be there two nights but I checked out after one and slept at the airport instead.

The kitchen had two spoons, no bowls, lots of old food crumbs under the sink by the garbage, and rough bathroom towels. They advertise a 'workout facility' which is in the basement, no windows or fans, dating from the mid-90's.

Spend the extra money and stay at a different hotel. The lower price isn't worth it.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mickinzy W,

I am very disappointed to find that your most recent stay was not satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of our guests which is why I am reaching out to you today. If you are available, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you in more detail so that we may be able to improve our operations for future guests.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I look forward to your call.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#1 of 15 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 stars 455 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#2 of 15 in South Burlington
4.0 of 5 stars 786 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#6 of 15 in South Burlington
3.5 of 5 stars 190 reviews
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 9 in Burlington
4.5 of 5 stars 436 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 15 in South Burlington
3.5 of 5 stars 333 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 15 in South Burlington
4.0 of 5 stars 661 reviews

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!