“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Merrimack, NH
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room spacious and comfortable. Honestly can't believe we missed Smart Suites with other trips to Burlington -- it is right next to the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn Suites on Shelburne down the road for Champlain and UVM-- but at a fraction of the cost. You can use the pool at the Holiday Inn with your stay. The breakfast set up was simple but the staff very efficient and kept it plentiful. It was a "Smart" decision to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear hr1313,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! It is our mission to provide each of our guests with the best value in Burlington. We offer larger rooms, better service, and all the amenities you expect from other hotels in our class. Additionally, because we are not a corporate brand, we can offer lower rates than many competitors.

As a part of this commitment to service and value, I want to ensure that your next stay is nothing short of 5 out of 5. Please connect with me directly if there is anything we can do to improve your next experience!

All the Best,

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Angelica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have enjoyed staying at smartSuites in the past and I was not disappointed this time. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and the atmosphere conducive to relaxing. This trip I am traveling with my elderly mother. Most importantly, the staff, including the manager were helpful, kind and interested. James thought of things to assist my Mom that I wouldn't have. SmartSuites is the only place to stay in Burlington for quality, value and kindness.

Room Tip: I've stayed in rooms on the second floor and the first. There isn't a bad room. All are qu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Tammy,

It is always a pleasure having you as our guest! It was great meeting your mother and I wish her good health as she recovers. I can’t wait to share your review with our staff as positive feedback is our greatest reward in customer service.

I know I speak on behalf of everyone here at the Smart Suites when I say we look forward to your next stay! As always, please connect with me directly and I will see to your accommodations personally.

All the Best,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed this past weekend to attend the UVM open house. The room exceeded our expectations, it was very clean, great coffee and the full kitchen was very nice. Also the included breakfast was amazing. We were only a short drive from the college and so many good restaurants were nearby, it was great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear heather_may22,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor! I can’t wait to share your kind words with our staff. We all work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our guests and I can’t tell you how much it means to us to hear positive feedback in return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Burlington area soon!

Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here one night last week. The room was quite large and very clean. The decor though, is a bit dated, and the tv needs updating to a flat screen. The mattress was comfortable, however, the pillows could be improved. The room also lacks a safe. The breakfast buffet was ok, with the standard items one finds at most hotels. The desk staff were very helpful and enthusiastic. Overall, this hotel could get 4 stars with some updating. I still give it a thumbs up for the value and cleanliness.

Stayed October 2013
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear c1902c,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear your stay was anything less than “5 Stars” and hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again. In regards to the safe I would like you to know that we have secure lockboxes at the front desk under video surveillance. These lock boxes are free of charge and available 24 hours a day.

I agree that we are due for certain upgrades. Renovations of our lobby area will begin next month! We are in the process of purchasing all new TV as well and currently stand with about 30% of the hotel complete.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to meeting you again in the future.

Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The pre-arrival and check in staff were all excellent but we were disappointed in the dark 'basement' feel to our quite large suite.
The floor in the corridor and in our room appeared to have not been vacuumed for weeks.The breakfast was good and the location fine as Burlington is quite compact.
Washer dryers were good.

Room Tip: Don't take a ground or first floor room, they are very dark at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Durham2020,

I am very disappointed to find that your most recent stay was not satisfactory. We all work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of all of our guests which is why I am reaching out to you today. If you are available, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these matters with you in more detail so that we may be able to improve our operation for future guests.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I look forward to your call.

RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here with my cousin and requested a room with double queens. That was what I got and more. The beds were very comfortable. The bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchenette were all immaculately clean. I thought I read that the room had 2 flat screen TV's (I could be wrong)...they weren't flat screens and that would be something to consider if it is important to you. It wasn't for us. One thing that I really loved was that I could open the windows. I don't like to be sealed into a room. I liked having the choice of opening the windows for fresh air. There was plenty of coffee and a coffee maker, in our room, available to us. Breakfast (included) is served in the lobby, but we decided to go out for breakfast instead because it is such a nice town to explore. I only have one criticism: The bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke. I reported it the next morning and was told it was probably coming from the vent below because there are some smoking rooms. He said he would look into it and I'm sure he did. We only spent 1 night but it was very comfortable and I would stay there again. The front desk people were very attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear RITripper,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable and of good value. It means a lot to us when guests use Trip Advisor to share their positive experiences with future travelers.

In regards to the smell in your room I wanted to personally apologize for any discomfort it may have caused you. I know that you had reported this case to our Front Desk however, I would like the opportunity to discuss the event a little more with so that we may be able to prevent it from happening again. If you have a moment please feel free to connect with me directly.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

There's an old saying that you get what you pay for. In this case, I got more than what I paid for. At check in, the clerk was incredibly friendly and helpful with information about the area. The room was spacious and comfortable. The location was great. And, the breakfast provided was much better than average. And, the cost was more than reasonable. I've paid a lot more, and gotten a lot less for my dollar. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phaidraigh,

Thank you so much! A perfect score never goes unnoticed - I can’t wait to share this review with our entire staff. We all work very hard to create the best value possible for our guests. You can certainly spend more money on a hotel room in Burlington but why? We guarantee our guests a clean, comfortable room accompanied by the best service possible.

We are honored to receive your recommendation and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!