“Great value, perfect for young kids” 4 of 5 stars

Smart Suites Burlington
1700 Shelburne Road, South Burlington, VT 05403   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Montreal
“Great value, perfect for young kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent the long weekend here and were very pleased. The suites are ideal for those with children, as they are roomy and have the closed off bedroom. I would definitely recommend this place. The staff were indeed very friendly and accommodating. My only constructive criticism would be that the beds are a little on the soft/worn down side, and could use replacing, but that could just be a matter of taste. That said, I'd gladly return to the same room as the price and convenience were excellent. Thanks again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear robibio,

It is always a pleasure to have our friends from Canada visiting over the weekend! We too enjoyed celebrating this past St. Jean Baptiste Day and are glad you choose to spend the weekend with us! You recommendation is invaluable and we can’t thank you enough for “getting the word out” about the Smart Suites!

In regards to the beds, I would be honored if you had the time to connect with me directly to discuss this matter (jamesd@innvermont.com or 802-846-1904). We purchase only brand name mattresses and high quality linens to ensure the comfort of all of our guests. If there is a mattress in our hotel not meeting our standards or your needs, we would like to get it replaced promptly.

Thank you again!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The price was very reasonable. The staff were extremely friendly and personable. The place was spotless. Their breakfast had a great selection. Lots of parking. Well maintained grounds. Their restaurant had the appearance and feel of a 5 star restaurant, but the prices were affordable.

Dear Anicycle,

Perfect Score! Thank You! It is wonderful to hear such nice things about our hotel and the service we offer.

Our all inclusive rate (free breakfast, parking, wi-fi, ect) will remain reasonable and of good value despite the opportunity to raise it like so many hotels do. We do not believe in overcharging our guests and often give our best deals at the last minute when other hotels won’t budge!

I can’t wait to share your comments with our entire staff and I will also share your kind words with our neighbors at the Lake View House Restaurant.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in June. We had a very pleasant suite which was well serviced and clean. The staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times. The breakfast was a well stocked continental type. Coffee and tea available all day and in late afternoon the staff put out some'nibbles which was a nice touch.
It's well situated for exploring the Burlington/ Lake Champlain area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear George,

It was our pleasure having you as our guests! We truly appreciate such an outstanding review as well as your business. Our staff is always anxious to read about what our guests are saying about us and I look forward to sharing your comments with them!

It is also a privilege to read that you found your suite to be pleasant, clean and well serviced. We know that many guests decide to stay with us because of our great location (as you mentions) and excellent value however, we hope you decide to return because of your experience!

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and making your next stay with us even better!

In Gratitude,

Assistant General Manager

P.S. - Thank you for writing our 100th review on Trip Advisor!
Auburn Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good value for extended stay. Rooms were spacious with fully equipped kitchen area. Microwave and full size refrigerator with ice maker. Free bottled water at the front desk and the afternoon sweet treat was an nice touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you so much for staying with us! We truly appreciate you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Here at the Smart Suites, we take a lot of pride in the service we offer to each and every one of our guests. Although you gave us high marks, we want to ensure your next stay is nothing short of perfect! To do so, I would like to invite you to connect with me personally to discuss how we can earn a 5/5 in every category during your next stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to invite you back to our hotel!

In Gratitude,

Peterborough, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Constantly looking for a hotel that will exceed my expectations. Found it. Great rooms, friendly staff. You would think this level service abounds in this economy but my experience is that I am disappointed most of the time. Great job. We will be back. Thanks Tom and Betsy.

Dear Tom and Betsy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am pleased to discover that you received great service during your stay.

I feel what you say about service is an important point. As a locally owned, independent hotel, we do not relay on a brand name or corporate entity to defy what future travelers think of us. Instead, we depend on guests such as you sharing their experiences with other! In this, we will always genuinely provide the best stay possible rather than a generic “branded” experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon your next trip to Burlington!

Safe Travels,

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

As a visiting professor at the University of Vermont, I needed long-stay accommodation for 5 months. At the outset, I had booked for an initial one month term but was not sure how long I would stay beyond that point. But I did, in fact, spend 5 months here.

As a long-stayer, I feel reasonably confident about making the following observations-

The rooms were airy and bright. It is certainly a clean hotel. The room was thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis. The breakfast was great and offered good variety. Everyone from the managers to the housekeeper had a friendly and positive attitude. One evening during my stay I needed to find a nurse or a doctor urgently. All the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out on that particular evening. They are always ready to assist guests with their needs whether small or major. I want to thank each and every one of the Smart Suites staff for their concern, support and understanding during the course of my stay. If you should ever find yourself in Burlington, VT, I can strongly recommend a stay at Smart Suites. You will be glad you did so.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Professor,

I know I speak for our entire team when I say the pleasure has been ours these past five months. We have genuinely enjoyed your presence here. We are excited to hear about your new position but are dismayed to lose you as our guest.

In regards to your kind words above: Thank You! Word travels fast and everyone on staff has taken turns reading your review. It has created a lot of smiles here at the Smart Suites.

Whenever your future travels take you, know that you have friends here at our hotel. We look forward to your return to Burlington and can’t wait to welcome you back!

With Gratitude,

Topsham, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time in Vermont for my daughter's wedding, partly due to Smart Suites. The time there was fantastic, rooms were excellent and the staff was great. When needing a hotel in Burlington I will make it a point to stay with them and will recommend them to my friends and family. I must give extra thanks to Tori Desautels, she was wonderful and easy to work with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Jeff C,

Congratulations to you and your daughter in her marriage! We are thrilled that you choose to share such a momentous occasion with us here at the Smart Suites! I am happy to hear that you and your entire group were well taken care of!

Your recommendation of our hotel to your friends and family is an honor. Furthermore, taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and sharing it with the rest of the world truley makes difference to us. In response, I have already taken the time to share your comments with Tori and the rest of our staff and we can’t thank you enough.

If you ever have need of accusations in the Burlington area, you will always have friends at the Smart Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back!

All the Best,

Assistant General Manager

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!