“A Pub and A Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windjammer Restaurant

Windjammer Restaurant
1076 Williston Road, Best Western Windjammer Inn and Conference Center, South Burlington, VT 05403
+1 802-862-6585
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Windjammer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dorset
Milton, Vermont
“A Pub and A Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Windjammer restaurant is on the lower level while the Upper Deck Pub is on the 2nd level. Food, drinks, and atmosphere is pleasant and appreciated. Service is good and one can have a good time here. They do cater to private parties and events.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newtown, Connecticut
“Typically a Great Restaurant. Not This Time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My family and I have been eating here for at least 20 years. We stay at the Best Western next door multiple times per year. The food is usually very good. The service the last time we ate here was atrocious. We waited for 15 minutes for our drink order and when I asked the waitress what the delay was, she rolled her eyes at me, huffed, never apologized and never answered my question. I dine out a lot due to my work/travel schedule and I have never been treated that way as a patron before. I will say the food continues to be excellent, except that my wife ordered salmon and was given a petit filet instead. Again, the waitress acted as if it was my wife's fault that she got the order wrong. The calamari was excellent, as was my teriyaki sirloin. The salad boat (bar) is always great. I'm not sure why our waitress treated us this way. We will certainly re-consider eating here in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Vermont
“Steak better than the seafood, salad boat excellent, great atmosphere, will definitely go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Had a family pre-Christmas dinner at the Windjammer. Filet mignon in the combo dinner was excellent, the shrimp was overcooked. NY strip steak was good. Hangar steak dinner was thoroughly enjoyed. Garlic shrimp with a side of salmon was average - a little over-cooked. But everyone enjoyed the salad boat and the shared mozzarella balls. Great beer selection. And the atmosphere at the restaurant was terrific - doesn't feel like a hotel restaurant.
Service was very good, no complaints.
We had expensive entrees for our holiday dinner but you can order a burger or soup and salad bar, or a chicken entree for less expensive options.
Will definitely go back in 2012.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Plattsburgh, New York
“Great gathering at the Windjammer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

It has been more than 9 years since I have visited this restaurant. I have to say, my next visit won't be nearly as long. After moving from the area, I had the opportunity to meet with fellow managers and spouses at the Windjammer. The atmosphere was upbeat. A very busy restaurant with a good crowd of happy Christmas customers. The menu offered a becy of excellent choices. The wine selections were outstanding, and accented by numerous wine storage cabinets throughout the seating areas. The FOOD... The food was excellent. Everyone in the party raved about it. I ordered the Crab Blue Filet. A 10 oz. filet topped with a creamy blue chees and crab sauce. Frankly, one of the best meals I have eaten. THIS IS A PLACE YOU MUST NOT MISS. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I WILL RETURN SOON.

Vermont
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We had a company dinner at the Windjammer and there was 8 of us. I had the Alaskan King Crab legs (20oz) which is a good size portion, and they were fabulous. Lots of crab meat and flavor. It came with the salad bar and starch of choice. I love the salad bar options and variety and never have had any issues with it, the house dressing (dill) is always tasty.
Waitstaff was very good and attentive. I have been here several times and have never had a bad meal or service. I highly recommend this restaurant.