I recently traveled to Burlington to attend 3-days of work meetings at the Doubletree Hotel. I brought my wife along and we stayed a few days extra to enjoy what Burlington had to offer.
It's about a 5 minute drive from the airport to the hotel. I believe they provide a free shuttle service to and from the airport; however, I rented a car so I don't know the specifics on that.
Check in was quick and easy and yes, we did receive the warm cookies that other reviewers seem to bring up. My wife loved them and may have gone back every morning for more?
We stayed in a two room, King suite and it was worth the additional price. The room had a couch, table with chairs and tv in the main room. A small bar area with full fridge, microwave and sink separated the main room from the bedroom. The bedroom was spacious, even with a king bed, and had plenty of closet space and drawers for your clothes. The bathroom was clean (one thing I'm big on) with a big, spacious sink area and the shower had good water pressure. If I could add anything to the room it would be a DVD player. Most hotels don't have them, but it would be a nice perk as we had brought along several movies to watch late at night before calling it a night.
The hotel's location is great. It's not the downtown area, but Church Street is only about a 10 minute drive by basically taking a left turn out of the parking lot and following the road through the University of Vermont. There are numerous restaurants within a mile of the hotel (McDonalds, Starbucks, BK, Applebees, IHOP, Pizza, etc) as well as University Mall is close by.
The staff at the hotel was very friendly and I would have to say it was the friendliest maid staff that I have ever encountered in a hotel. First, they spoke English so you could actually ask them something and not receive a puzzled look as so often happens at hotels throughout the country and secondly, they always said hello when you passed by them. Not a big thing, but it's those little things that make guests feel welcome.
The hotel had a nice meeting facility and offered free wireless internet to all guests! A huge perk as I'm used to pay $10-$15 per day at most other hotels. The in hotel restaurant, Trader Dukes, was nice. We only ate there once, but the food and service was good. The bar area was also nice and featured several local beers on tap along with several tv's for watching the games.
Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington