“Summer weekend in Vermont” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Natick, Massachusetts
“Summer weekend in Vermont”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I were part of a group spending a weekend in Burlington VT. We never ate in the hotel so I can't comment on that. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. My few complaints are minor--The coffee maker only had decaf coffee, some of the buttons on the telephone (like wake-up) were inoperative. The major complaint was the spring-loaded bathroom door; it kept hitting me, especially annoying late at night. Other friends said their doors were fine so, perhaps my room was an experiment. Overall a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry to hear about the springs on the doors, I will have someone take a loook at that to make sure it gets addressed. As for the wake up call not sure why that did not work for you, that is supposed to ring down to the desk so we can assure that it is set for you as we have someone douuble check those later in the evening to make sure they are correct. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Adirondacks, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

If you're coming to Burlington because of needed hospital services, you won't go wrong booking at DoubleTree. The rooms and staff were terrific and the amenities offered would satisfy any desires. The location makes for easy trips to find anything you could possibly be looking for and the shuttle service to and from the hospital relieved so much stress. They also give discounted rates for rooms if you are coming to Burlington for hospital services.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. We are close to the hospital and we do offer a discount. We aim to please and take some of the stress away. We hope you had a wonderful journey home. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.
Laflin, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I would agree with most other reviews here in that the hotel is not great but not bad either. The hotel, I believe, is older but nicely renovated and maintained. I found the rooms to be a little small but not too bad. Our AC worked great in our room. The staff is very nice and accommodating. I found the staff to be consistent with everyone else in Vermont ......Very nice!

The hotel has ample parking so that isn't a problem. We had breakfast both mornings in the hotel restaurant and the service was quick and the food fresh. Our waiter in the restaurant told us it was his first day and his first day as a waiter. He was great and recommended some great breakfast choices. I'd likely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for the feedback. The food at TraderDuke's is great! I will let Matt your server know about the great feedback. We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay, if there is anything we can do to make it an amazing one please let us know! I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.
Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Love this hotel. I have stayed here a couple of times while my daughter was attending UVM. The location is great. Only 5 minutes to campus. Walk to University Mall and other restaurants and shops. Trader Dukes on site has very good food. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with upgraded furnishings. I would reccommend this to everyone

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we love all the partents that stay with us during their childrens college experience. We are close to alot of this and you are most correct TraderDuke's serves a mean meal! I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.
Flemington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is generally nice. Nothing spectacular, but all generally fine. Room was clean. Pool, hot tub, and fitness center were all clean. We used the hot tub every day and even though the hotel was sold out, we never shared the hot tub with anyone and saw only a few people in the pool.

Downsides:

(1) Beds were too soft.

(2) Air conditioner was shutting itself off every night and we kept waking up hot in the middle of the night. We talked to management about that, and they immediately addressed it: It has a motion sensor to save energy when you leave the room, but unfortunately that means it stops working at night when you sleep. So they came and overrode that. Then it worked fine. Air conditioner was also noisy. Not enough to keep us awake, but it was a little annoying sometimes.

(3) Only one jet in the hot tub was strong. It was fine for us, because only one of us wanted the jet.

(4) Room was a bit small. Bathroom was renovated with nice stone tile but space was tight.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Thank for you for taking the time to fill out a survey and post on tripadvisor, I have passed your comments on to the appropriate folks and these issues are being addressed. I hope you folks has a safe trip home. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I started our adventure in VT seven years ago when we relocated and ended it here to continue our journey to another state. Though many hotels have lots of wear and tear due to the in and outs of hotel guests, this hotel had everything we needed for 2 adults, a toddler and a dog.

We only stayed 2 nights in a suite. We prefer a suite which helps with a toddler since we had a separate room from where he slept, on the pull out bed. He won't sleep in pack and plays any more. The full size, basic fridge was more than enough to store our cold and frozen food and drinks. The king size bed was comfortable and the bathroom was fine. Its handy to have Trader Dukes restaurant attached to the hotel even though their food is just adequate. There are some great restaurants in the Burlington area but if you don't have time to travel around it will do.

The hotel is located close to I-87 for easy access to the many great places to visit in and around the Burlington area.

Room Tip: During the summer months there is a great farmers market in downtown Burlington as well as some grea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am glad to hear that you were able to make it back. Our suites are more spacious and comfortable for a family. I hope we have a chance to welcome you back. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very old hotel and had that old smell. Was upgraded to suite due to phoned in requests not logged. Only suite available was handicap. That was no problem, however the refrigerator was the smallest I have ever seen and was sitting on the floor. Seems to me a handicap person would have had a hard time using it. Pool closed way to early. Had to sign conduct agreement because my son was there with sporting event, but yet the drunk obnoxious wedding guest were free to roam and annoy everyone. Felt unwanted as a guest from the moment I checked in. Will return to Vermont next year, but will probably book a different hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry about your experience, for all of the teams that we have come in we do have a conduct form that needs to be signed for quite hours and to make sure there is no alcohol in the hallways. I hope that if there were wedding folks in the hallways disrupting you that you did reach out to us so that we could take care of that for you. I do apologize about the miscommunication about the upgrade as that was not noted anywhere in the reservation we did not know you had asked for one. As for the fridge in the handicapped suite, those fridges are designed for someone that is in a wheelchair which makes it accessible for them. The fridges in the standard rooms are about half the size of the one you had in the suite. The standard suites do have a full size fridge in the rooms. When you book for the next even I hope you book with us again and reach out directly to me as I would love to ensure that we make it up to you in every way possible. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!